Hunting Partner Central PA

A great state with a number of waterfowl. This Pennsylvania duck hunting forum is a great place to discuss hunting practices from all over the state.

Moderators: PADUCKSTUFFER, don taylor

Hunting Partner Central PA

Postby Paduckngooser » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:00 pm

I live in Northumberland and am constantly trying to get out to duck and goose hunt. I am a novice at best but do have some duck and goose decoys, calls, and even a small john boat. I am looking for some guys with some more experience to teach me the ropes a bit. I am a great cook as well, and I'd be thrilled to cook up some gourmet birds in exchange for some waterfowling wisdom! Please leave a response or email me at zstotter@gmail.com
Paduckngooser
hunter

Re: Hunting Partner Central PA

Postby Paduckngooser » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:49 am

So I am realizing I have committed a cardinal sin by asking the question I just asked without further clarifying the situation. I've been duck hunting for several years with limited success but my methods have usually been to float a stretch of river, or walk some small swamps and jump birds. I have probably only ever drawn in a few birds from my decoy spread so I know I'm doing something wrong. Also, none of my friends are as interested or dedicated to hunting as I am and I would more than anything like to have some hunting partners. I would try to go out more on my own, but it's more rewarding to have partners, not to mention difficult to haul, setup, and collect a decoy spread.

So even if there are some guys out there who aren't experts with "honey holes," I'd be happy to share resources and the few meager spots I have to maybe down a few birds and have a good time.
Paduckngooser
hunter

Return to Pennsylvania Duck Hunting