AGFC ***?

A place where you can find Arkansas duck hunting information in the heart and soul of ducking hunting of the US.

Moderators: steve-o, greenster, whisperin' duck, brassass

AGFC ***?

Postby henny hen hen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:39 am

What ever happened to the weekly waterfowl report? AGFC hasn't made a report since 12-18. What's up with that?
Last edited by henny hen hen on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
henny hen hen
hunter

Re: AGFC ***?

Postby Bill Parks » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:37 pm

I received waterfowl report January 1, may be you overlooked it.
Bill Parks
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 pm

I wish they would stop..
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby henny hen hen » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Ok. It's public land they report on so I don't see why it would matter. You probly have one of the neighboring duck clubs. Huh greenster?
henny hen hen
hunter

Postby dashboard » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 pm

I wish they would stop..

:thumbsup:
dashboard
hunter

Postby greenster » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:34 pm

henny hen hen wrote:Ok. It's public land they report on so I don't see why it would matter. You probly have one of the neighboring duck clubs. Huh greenster?

No I hunt public timber that get's ruined due to that report and previous Issues of the DU MAG. I like the survey information, But the area specific information is not needed. If you scout or hunt a place you know what the mast crop looks like and where water levels are at ; along with what the duck numbers look like.

Lazy mans way out.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby henny hen hen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:38 pm

"Lazy man's way out." I thought it was for the working man who doesn't have time to scout. I work almost all the time at a low paying job. Don't have time or money to burn tanks of gas in order to look at all the spots where I hunt. Unfortunately duck hunting has become a rich man's sport.
henny hen hen
hunter

Postby greenster » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:46 pm

henny hen hen wrote:"Lazy man's way out." I thought it was for the working man who doesn't have time to scout. I work almost all the time at a low paying job. Don't have time or money to burn tanks of gas in order to look at all the spots where I hunt. Unfortunately duck hunting has become a rich man's sport.

I don't disagree that it is now a sport for the well off, that just means you have to use your personal connections and the ole telephone even more. Pick the brain of people at the ramp, you'll get some useful information but have to swim through the BS. Sounds like you need to lower the number of locations you hunt or get to know the locations well enough that you only need to find the birds. Each area I hunt, I try to learn the place inside and out, 500 acres at a time.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby henny hen hen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks for the advice.
henny hen hen
hunter

Postby DC KILLER » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:06 am

X2 what greenster said
SouthArkduckslayers- "I think I got cancer...."
DC KILLER- "HUH?"

"yea, I got this bump on my lip"

"REALLY?"

"yea, hang on a second and Ill tell ya bout it, let me put this dip in"
DC KILLER
hunter

Postby gomer snerd » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:28 am

what little info they post is often wrong. Once they posted the water level as 2.3 and I was there and the gauge read 3.2. It was frozen and no where had the ice been disturbed as it would have been if it had actually been read. They guessed.
gomer snerd
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Once youve hunted certain wma's you will get to know some "regulars".
Some of the wma's are easily predictable and all you gotta ask is "does it have water"?
If the answer is yes, hook your boat on, go take a look.
50/50 there will be ducks.

They have a state duck report? :grooving:
The grapevine is a more reliable source for me I guess.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Return to Arkansas Duck Hunting