hydro turf material...stuff

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

hydro turf material...stuff

Postby jakefromflorida » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Anyone try that turf material used on waverunners on their boats? Can someone correct me on the name and send me a link? Looking for options on covering my deck.
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
jakefromflorida
hunter

Re: hydro turf material...stuff

Postby tod0987 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:53 pm

It's called "hydro-turf" google it and it will pop up.
tod0987
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Yep! Found it, sorry for the post. Here's a link for future people searching....

http://www.hydroturf.com/

46" x 80" for like $60-$90 depending on color and adhesive. Gator trax has more "hunter" friendly colors.
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby goosie119 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:50 pm

http://www.sears.com/best-step-antifatigue-foam-floor-mat-black/p-00914118000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

Same thing as hydro turf and half the price. I've got it in my boat and it's held up great so far.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

If you have your kill counts in your signature then you're automatically a dbag!
goosie119
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Sweet! Great find goosie.
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby tod0987 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:22 am

Hey goosie I'll have to go check it out. for $24 for a 4'x8' piece not bad. I tried the cheap interlocking square antifatigue mats from harborfreight but when wet, they got slick. Do you have it installed and if so how UV resistant is it? As in did it fade bad?
tod0987
hunter

Postby goosie119 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:22 pm

I
tod0987 wrote:Hey goosie I'll have to go check it out. for $24 for a 4'x8' piece not bad. I tried the cheap interlocking square antifatigue mats from harborfreight but when wet, they got slick. Do you have it installed and if so how UV resistant is it? As in did it fade bad?

Yeah used it this past fall and it's held up great, still looks as good as the day I put it in and hasn't faded yet. I probably hunted around 40 days this year out of the boat in temps ranging from 70's to single digits. Even in freezing temps it didn't get slippery and it's nice and cool in the hot sun. I used the 3m 90 spray adhesive to lay it down. Here's some pics from install through the season. I pressure washed it before I put it in storage for the winter and it looks brand new yet. Quite a few guys over on mmt have used it as well. Only downside is it doesn't come in different colors but the gray color looks good though.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

If you have your kill counts in your signature then you're automatically a dbag!
goosie119
hunter

Postby tod0987 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks Goosie that is just what I was wanting to hear :thumbsup: . Holds up, stays cool, and doesn't fall apart. Hydroturf sells the seconds $10-20 a sheet cheaper than the A grade stuff but the stuff they call "durable" is the gray stuff so might as well save some money and go with the sears stuff. Tired of having wet carpet to sit on after it rains and the tarp leaked. Only have a few more weeks left in the season and will then change it over before summer fishing season.

Tod
tod0987
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds