Early Goose

This forum is for those who enjoy South Dakota duck hunting. And from spring Snow goose hunting and the Pheasant hunting in the #1 Pheasant state in the US.

Moderator: sdgr8wthnter

Early Goose

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:31 pm

Just letting everyone know that early goose this year starts Sept. 8th for the whole state. A little different then last year. Who's getting ready for it. I already have a few fields locked up.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:31 pm

I thought it was weird its opening a little later. I have never really asked for permission for a field a month ahead of time since the geese could go to another field and not really sure what farmers would think.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:26 pm

This is normally true for me as well. But it's a huge wheat feild and there is no way they are going to eat it out. So we asked. And if they aren't there for some reason we'll just shot the doves instead.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby JWG » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:33 pm

anyone hear why the season has started a little later? I hope it kinda stays this temp right now to the season for a while(high 60-low 70's)
JWG
hunter

Postby sdduckhunter125 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:55 pm

I am starting to see more birds up here. They all seem to be done motling and the young are flying now. I have seen some fields with small family groups in them up to one field that was holding almost 300 of them.
Happy hunting nest weekend. I was looking into shooting up to NoDak this weekend b/c they open but that didn't pan out.
We wack'em and stack'em up here.

Haviner Outdoors
I'm havin it....are you?
sdduckhunter125
hunter

Postby gamberc » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:21 pm

yea the reason why they pushed it back is so the birds can mature or some stupid reason like that??
Watertown's Very own Three Amigos
gamberc
Newb

Postby d wiz » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:11 pm

The way I look at it is that your are getting the same number of days to go after early season honks, but now you get to go after mallards for a week later than last year. :thumbsup:
d wiz
hunter

Return to South Dakota Duck Hunting