What a difference a day makes.

This is the Utah duck hunting forum where you are invited to communicate with other hunters like yourself.

Moderator: Spiraleyes

What a difference a day makes.

Postby hamernhonkers » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:30 pm

I had forum members Toasty and Richard down for a shoot yesterday and we did very well considering the conditions and managed 13 birds with 4 big sprig killed over the blocks. What is amazing is how you can go one day with birds everywhere and picking and choosing to very few birds flying at all. My best guess is the moon and lack of wind but who knows. It truly was a great day still with great company and some trophy birds harvested. Still just wishing Toasty wouldn't have passed on that trophy hen buffie :lol3:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Re: What a difference a day makes.

Postby Toasty » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:02 pm

I was so upset about passing on the trophy hen buffie when I had a clear shot, I spent all day today looking for a bird and finally put this one down. Looks exactly like the one I passed on.

The birds worked the blocks like it was opening day again and they have been hunted for more than 3 months now. The biggest difference from our hunt and an opener, is every bird that came in was a fully plumed mature drake. I have never had a bag with that many nearly perfect drake pintails, widgeon, and gadwalls. Absolutely great way to finish off the season. Hats off to Hammernhonkers, amazing he can suck birds into a spread at the end of the season. Here is another pic of some of the birds in the bag.

Toasty
hunter

Postby Bug Doc » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:28 am

One of those sprig should go on the wall. Congrats, fellas!
Bug Doc
hunter

Postby richard rouleau » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:41 pm

it was great hunt thanks toasty and hamernhonker for the invite
southern utah waterfowler
richard rouleau
hunter

Return to Utah Duck Hunting