Wanted too buy my dog today

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Re: Wanted too buy my dog today

Postby quacknstack6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 pm

labman63 wrote:If the price was right he'd be sold. I can make another one just like him.

I got about 10k in IOU's.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby labsforme » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Gonehuntin', Yes Pinky. I got her daughter Phyllis to hunt ducks with because I was running AA GSP at the time. I didn't know Warren and Connie well I called and asked a few questions because I was green when it came to training labs. I would train up at the afterbay with my GSPs and stop by to say hi once in a while. Didn't know many of their clients. I got into trialing labs up here near Portland and know TJ. Quite a character. Very nice guy. Gunned with him too. Yep I'm old now. Almost decrepit. :)
Best to ya'll up in the frozen north.

Jeff
labsforme
hunter

Postby gonehuntin' » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:02 am

Labsforme; Dartmoor's Jericho Queen was a Guffy pup, I believe the first successfully trialed female. She had never run a Qual when T.J. bought her and as I remember, the first or second time out with her she ran in and placed in an Amateur. T.J. didn't think her as talented as Guffy and I think, didn't really like her. Anyhow, I'm curious as to how successful her career was, this would have been in the 80's. Would you please as him (if you remember at your advanced age :beer: ) and let me know what she ever did. I really liked the dog and have always been curious about her.

I'll tell you a funny story about her. She was a tough, tough, dog to train and wouldn't come around when I was water forcing her. When she finally broke in the forcing pond, she just floated and sunk, only the little black nose and two nostril's above the water. On that day I knew she'd broke and was mine. From that day on she went on to Derby List and was ready to run Qual. by 18 months. I though she'd be a young FC so was disappointed when T.J. didn't like her. If you would, please ask TJ and let me know.
I hate seeing a game bird die of natural causes, unless I naturally cause it.
gonehuntin'
hunter

Postby razorback » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:59 am

gonehuntin' wrote:Labsforme; Dartmoor's Jericho Queen was a Guffy pup, I believe the first successfully trialed female. She had never run a Qual when T.J. bought her and as I remember, the first or second time out with her she ran in and placed in an Amateur. T.J. didn't think her as talented as Guffy and I think, didn't really like her. Anyhow, I'm curious as to how successful her career was, this would have been in the 80's. Would you please as him (if you remember at your advanced age :beer: ) and let me know what she ever did. I really liked the dog and have always been curious about her.

I'll tell you a funny story about her. She was a tough, tough, dog to train and wouldn't come around when I was water forcing her. When she finally broke in the forcing pond, she just floated and sunk, only the little black nose and two nostril's above the water. On that day I knew she'd broke and was mine. From that day on she went on to Derby List and was ready to run Qual. by 18 months. I though she'd be a young FC so was disappointed when T.J. didn't like her. If you would, please ask TJ and let me know.

GH, I would buy your ticket to fly down here and just tell stories. Might even shoot some ducks :beer:
razorback
hunter

Previous

Return to Hunting Dog Forum