Band Report

Waterfowl topics at their best, post here and read others views on Vermont duck hunting

Moderator: yellodog1

Band Report

Postby drake04 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Any interesting bands shot this year? Went on the NH chat and three guys shot bands from the same place we shot a band. All 4 birds were from Canada about 3 hours North of the sandbar area..
drake04
Newb

Re: Band Report

Postby RangerX » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:41 am

Not this year, but last... I shot a ringneck banded in three rivers ontario (i think that was the name) about 400 miles west... I also shot a 10 year old black duck that was banded on Thunder Bay, more than 1000 miles west. Shot a mallard that was banded lcoally, and two goose bands.... was a good year for sure. Only shot 2 goose bands this year...
RangerX
hunter

Postby hawkman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 am

Got a snow goose banded on Bylot Island, Nunavut, Canada. That is was up North. It was banded as a chick in 2007.
hawkman
hunter

Postby Rubber Hook » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Golden eye shot this season, banded 10 years ago in Millinocket, Maine.
Rubber Hook
hunter

Postby R-Factor » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:43 am

Rubber Hook wrote:Golden eye shot this season, banded 10 years ago in Millinocket, Maine.

Wow...this is neat. Being a Mainer, I don't get on the VT or NH forums too frequently, but this caught my eye and I'm glad I read it. My primary waterfowl hunting buddy is in his late 60's and has lived in Millinocket most of his life. For years now, he has done volunteer nest box work in the area and a tiny bit of banding for the biologist when he does nest counts in the spring. I believe he is the only one that bands in Millinocket and only bands a handful each year (literally just a couple here or there when he is able to catch a hen on the nest). I will have to let him know this week that one of his Goldeneyes made it to VT...very cool!
R-Factor
hunter

Return to Vermont Duck Hunting