Introduce yourself!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby snipeshooter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:29 am

:welcome:
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby allnighter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:47 pm

allnighter
hunter

Postby rummya87 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:51 am

Hi, My name is Rami. I'm 21 years old. I was born in Jacksonville, Fl. I go to school at FSU, and I have a few more credits before I try to pursue a graduate school education in Biomedical research or Medicine. I LOVE to hunt ducks, I'm ok with a bow or a rifle, but shotguns are the world! I hunt a variety of different places between northeast and northwest florida. I love to go to new places, explore, and hopefully if all goes well, see a few ducks!
rummya87
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:45 pm

DU/UW/Delta Waterfowl Central FL Chairman
Certified Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Hog Trapper
Mossy Oak/SDO/Bullseye Adventures Pro Staff
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby allnighter » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:27 pm

:welcome: aboard
allnighter
hunter

Postby pintails82 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:49 pm

pintails82
hunter

Postby Rngneck72 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi, my name is Shannon. I'm 36 years old. I've been a hunter most of my life. Moved to Pensacola from Alabama,three years-ago. Looking forward to getting into waterfowl hunting. Not sure how many duck hunters there are in Pensacola area? I would like to hear from some locals,about hunting this area.
Rngneck72
hunter

Postby allnighter » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:37 pm

:welcome: I have a buddy that moved over there he is pcoladu on here.
allnighter
hunter

Postby flroper » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:18 am

my name is mike i live in ocala area been there 19 years . started hunting ducks again last year had not hunted waterfowl since leaving PA. I am a horseshoer and horse trainer would like to meet more duck hunters in my area . I will be hunting out of a gheenoe super classic with a center console and a 40 hp this year.
flroper
hunter

Postby snipeshooter » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 am

snipeshooter
hunter

Postby Swag » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:13 am

Hey, My name is wayne, live in Apopka. Just started duck hunting last year went to West Lake Toho. Found blog today did not even know Lake Apopka had duck hunting. Any pointers would be helpful on Apopka.
:help:
Swag
Newb

Postby PcolaDu » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:40 am

TEAM ALLNIGHTER
"Nights are to long hunting season is to short"
PcolaDu
hunter

Postby snipeshooter » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:02 am

snipeshooter
hunter

Postby BamaHoyt » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:23 pm

Hey my name is Ted. I'm 20 and grew up in northern Colorado and duck hunting is my passion but I also bow hunt like crazy. I live in Southwest Orlando on the outside of Windermere and don't have many people to hunt with because my brothers have moved away so let me know if you would like to get something together. I mostly hunt the Johns lake chain, St. johns river,and southern GA but go back to Colorado about every year. Here are some pictures from 2 years ago. The top one is Hoodies from GA. They make fantastic Jerky by the way so don't dare throw your hoodies out ;)
BamaHoyt
hunter

Postby Brianj53 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi I am Brian

I recently moved back to Florida after 30 years of working in Michigan. I am now retired and living in Lake City while I build a house on the withlacoochee river near Lee/Live Oak Florida. MY passion is duck hunting. While in Michigan I hunted Saginaw Bay and the Great Lakes. I also have duck hunted Canada and Devils Lake ,ND. I am going to try some duck hunting here in the sunshine state probaby, PCS and some river hunting.

Great forum...good luck guys and be safe

Brian Lowe
Brianj53
Newb

Postby allnighter » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:12 am

:welcome: aboard fellas.
allnighter
hunter

Postby Tchai » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Hello Everyone,
I'm 29. I live in Navarre. I've never been Duck hunting, but I want to go. I recently bought a Chessie. He'll be born in a week. I've had retrievers in the past but never trained them beyond playing fetch. I've started reading books on water dogs and I think Im hooked. Anyways, I just wanted to say Hi.
Tchai
hunter

Postby drjon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:23 pm

This is a first, feel like I'm at an AA mtg, well it sort of is considering all us duckaholics, Hi my name is Bryan.... anyway. 45+ in Port Orange. Married, 1 hen. FSU grad. Lived on Lk. Jackson in early 80's hunted it a little. Army infantry Lt. "Rangers lead the way" Former Florida marine patrol officer and trooper, long story for the blind. Now I push drugs (legal). Hunt MI refuge and STJ, interested in the SJ marsh area in brevard if anyone has exp. north and south of SR-50. 14" super jon, no dog, make my non-boat owner buddies shag downed ducks, fair warning. Shoot SX2mag and love it. Found the site last year but finally feel as though we all need to stick together and should participate. Look forward hearing from all.
drjon
hunter

Postby TallyColaDuckMan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:57 am

Hello everyone, ive been on here for a week now but forgot to introduce myself. Im Brandon im from Tallahassee but going to school in Pensacola. do most of my duck hunting in tally but trying to meet people over so they can show me the ropes. i meet a few of yall the other day at the DU banquet. and everyone seems cool. but yall do take things the wrong way (Pintale) :wink: But my friend Shane should me the place. Im enjoying all the insite and chat. also i have a Black Lab Cheesie mix named Gunner, hes almost two and almost ready for hunting. I have a 13 Gheenoe with a 5.5 LT. love hunting and love folding some ducks.
its not hard to hit ducks, but its easy to miss ducks.....
TallyColaDuckMan
hunter

Postby duck$lammer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:58 pm

Hey yall, My name is Rob and I am originally from Fl. I am currently deployed until right before duck season 2010. After the deployment I am going to Tampa one way or the other. I have been hunting Ducks in Wyoming and Washington and am now looking forward to hunting down in Fl. I just got a pup before deployment and he is at the trainer until deemed nescesary or posibly until I return depending on money. Look forward to hunting with some of yall in the near future or at least seeing yall on here. I would put up some pics but need to get a lilttle more computer savvy with the site first. Try and see if this works
This is Buck Cotton at 9 wks
Me and the Mrs before I deployed and the bun in the oven
just some ducks from last season we got
duck$lammer
hunter

Postby Lobster Hunter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Drew and I'm a student at UCF. I've just started getting into duck hunting. I'm looking to hunt in the Orlando, Okeechobee, and Treasure Coast areas. I own a 12ft boat and have some decoys. I'm looking to learn the basics such as, if the wind is blowing from the west do I want to be on the east or west side of the lake, or does it even matter? If anyone with experience but no boat would like to join me for a hunting trip on my boat please let me know.

Thanks
Lobster Hunter
Newb

Postby snipeshooter » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 am

snipeshooter
hunter

Postby oldremington » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Just wantin to say hello, my name is jr, I live in Perry, Fl. I've duck hunted pretty much my whole life. I'm getting close to 50 years young. I have visited the forum for a little while, just finally registered. I hunt pretty much here at home(Taylor County). I'm starting to venture towards the coast. I appreciate any advise. thanks ,, jr ,,
oldremington
Newb

Postby snipeshooter » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:47 am

snipeshooter
hunter

Postby redfisher029 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Been on here a while but never introduced myself.
My name is kyle. Im 20 and was born and raised on Port Orange. Recently got my own house in the middle of Clark Bay Management area in Deland. My dad started taking me hunting and fishing with him when I was too small to walk. I am a boat captain and have a inshore charter buisness and also do offshore charters. I work on a cattle ranch in Deleon Springs and do a little taxidermy in my spare time. I spend alot of time hunting, fishing and camping on the st. johns around Hwy.46 and 50. Do alot of deer hunting on the family property in Georgia but the ducks take most of my spare time.
I have a 15' cajun craft with a 23 mini and boat blind. I have a german shorthair that loves to hunt but is not to fond of the water.haha
If anyone around the area want to get a hunt together let me know.
redfisher029
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Florida Duck Hunting