Introduce yourself!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby castaway » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:55 am

Hi my name is Ryan and I am from Tallahassee and currently a student at Florida State. I have duck hunted here locally most of my life. This year I finally started to expand my horizions and do some hunting across Florida and had a blast. I am new to the sit and like what I have seen. I love to deer hunt also but ducks are where its at! I look forward to learning some new things.
castaway
Newb

Postby lumpy2181 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Hey everyone, I have been on the site a while but I never did the intro so here goes. I am an active duty Marine currently stationed in Cali and deployed in support of OEF. I am from Central FL (Pasco County) and have 1 season of hunting ducks under the belt. Married with a little one on the way and 2 Labs (and 1 on the way also :yes: ) I am trying to get stationed at MacDill so I can spend some time with the family and start raising my own. I am 25 yrs old this June and from the looks of things will probably retire from the Marines in another 12-13 yrs. Huge FSU fan even though the wife went to USF. If anyone wants to get together and smash some ducks and shoot the breeze one fine duck season morning, I am always home for Christmas (minus this year, thanks a lot Bin Laden) so hit me up and we can get things set. Have a good season for me this year and put up a bunch of pix, i'll be needing it by then.

Sgt William Lynch, USMC
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
lumpy2181
hunter

Postby ridebackwards27 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:49 am

forgot to introduce myself the first day so here it goes. My name is justen i live in east orange county. been hunting on this side of town since i can remember, im 21 years old, a firefighter and a dad to an awesome 1 year old son.
ridebackwards27
hunter

Postby allnighter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:49 pm

:welcome: Keep the Nole fans coming. :hammer: <think of that as a tomahawk.
allnighter
hunter

Postby xjfreak » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Hello all! My name is Josh (25 YOA) and I live in Port Orange near Daytona. I grew up in CO hunting geese in the field and chasing prairie critters, but have lived in FL since 2000 where I graduated from HS in Orlando. I love to hunt and teach people things I learned from my Father and Grandfathers about hunting. Already have my 18 month old son fishing and cant wait to get him in the field! Believe hunters should work hard for their prize and the take and experience is worth all the work. Still trying to learn the ways of FL hunting and fishing and willing to "Chip in" to gain some knowledge. Let me know if you want to get together sometime!
2010-11 Yearly Count:
Ringneck= 12
Gadwall= 2
Mallard/Mottle/hybid= 5
GWT= 2
xjfreak
hunter

Postby eajusc » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi guys. My name is Ed, I'm 24 and currently living in Miami (I'm at grad school down here). I lived in SC for four years where I was introduced to hunting, I'm originally from England. I've hunted duck and deer a few times back up in SC but down here I don't know anyone who's into it/anywhere to go!

It's fair to say I'm a complete beginner so just figured I'd join to forums to garner any knowledge/tips and tricks from the more seasoned people on the boards! Would be great to hear from any locals who are experienced hunters around this area!

Ed
eajusc
hunter

Postby ILFLMO Duck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:24 pm

I am Dennis, and I relocated to Florida in '97. Most of my work time since then (and before) is in the MidWest. I am originally from Southern Illinois and I'm now in Florida by way of Chicago.
I have been reading this board (and the Illinois, Missouri and Iowa boards) for several years. Almost all of my waterfowl hunting has been in the MidWest. I have been and avid waterfowl hunter for 40 years. You do the math on age. :lol3:
ILFLMO Duck
hunter

Postby devildog83 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 pm

Howdy y'all!! My name is Jeremy And I am stationed/live in Pensacola. I am a U.S. Marine and love duck hunting just about as much as my wife and kids(even though she tells me I love it more than her). I have been duck hunting obsessively for the last 10 years mostly puddle ducks, but the move to Florida 2 years ago changed that up for me. Hunting divers is now my obsession, unfortunately not by choice.
Canvasbacks 2
Redheads 4
Bluebills 16
Ringers 27
GW Teal 7
BW Teal 23
Blacks 2
Mottled 1
Mallards 1
Ross's Goose 1
Hooded Merg 3
Common Merg 4
Widgeon 1
Woodies 14
devildog83
hunter

Postby HOPIN4ABOAT » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:14 am

I haven't introduced myself yet. I am a 25 yo that spends most of my time between work as a FF and school. I have been hunting camping fishing kayaking and pretty much anything else outdoors since I can remember however this is my first year waterfowling. I have a 7 month old blake lab named Drake that is currently learning the ropes with me (whenever he can control his ADHD) I currently live and work in Pensacola but love to travel. If you wanna get together and go for a hunt or drink a cold beer hit me up.
Montanafowler wrote:check the jiblets real good, nothing scarier than seeing a bug biting your balls :lol3:
HOPIN4ABOAT
hunter

Postby mjlardo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:29 pm

Hey everyone;
This is going to sound a bit strange but here goes... I am not a hunter...I am a disabled woman with severe allergies to the additives in all farmed meat... I respect people who hunt for thier food.. I am just not able to do it myself. What I am hoping for is to find some hunters willing to let me buy some of thier catch from them. I live in NW Florida... right now my diet is boiled eggs and boiled, baked or nuked plain potatoes... they even add soy to frozen veggies and spray the fresh ones with it...I can use your help if you can do it. It would make a real difference in my life. thanks.....
mjlardo
Newb

Postby snowman5240 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 am

Hey everyone my name is Casey and I’m looking for some pointers for hunting NW FL. I’m a huge hunter and waterfowl is my favorite hunt. I work hard at my hunting and take it very seriously but at the same time I have a blast when I’m out. I hunt everything from Elk down to the little buffle heads. This past year my count for the dead is a 300 in Elk, 150 in Mule deer buck, 3 white tail doe, mule deer doe and about 100 ducks (golden eye, mallards, woods, red head, buffle heads) and 20 Canadian geese. My wife calls herself a hunting widow during season and I’m looking forward to learning from others in hunting FL.
snowman5240
Newb

Postby FLAWaterfowler » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Ma'am wild game is illegal to sell. They can give it to you but cannot legally sell it to you.

My wife also suffers from extreme chemical sensitivity, so I know the hardships you face. Sorry I live across the state from you or Id be happy to share nature's bounty.

You may want to check to see if there is a Hunters for the Hungry organization near you; if you explain your situation, they may be able to help you out. Also check to see if there is a slow food organization / organic farmers in your area. We buy pastured organic beef (a side at a time) its expensive, but worth it IMO -- not only for my wife's health but I don't like feeding my daughter hormone filled meats.
FLAWaterfowler
hunter

Postby farmboy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:50 pm

mjlardo, FFA and 4-H youth produce and sell additive free beef and pork at shows we just had one in Escambia county and there will be steers at the fair in the fall. All of the kids take a pledge to not use any additives. There are farmers that will fill your needs.Ask at the extension office. Know what you eat and know where it comes from.
farmboy
hunter

Postby willwork4ducks » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Jay and I recently moved down to the Lake Worth/West Palm area. I have read through some of the posts this afternoon and decided before I go any further it is probably best to join and introduce myself.

I am in the sales business dealing with hunting fishing and outdoor products. Grew up in FL fishing and started hunting when I moved to GA for school. I have never had the chance to go duck hunting but through my work I have been introduced to the sport by the folks I am around and it has always been something I would love to do. This year a friend of mine has agreed to take me under his wing (groan i know) and get me out to show me a thing or two about this sport.

I look forward to reading through the tons of info already on the boards and vow to never ask for spots, tips, or secret honey holes.

Thanks in advance for all the help, as I know I will for sure need it.
willwork4ducks
hunter

Postby Ajgall1055 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey everyone I'm Alex. I'm returning to florida after about 6 years out west I've been on duck hunting chat for a while in the Nevada forum. Just wanted to introduce myself to ya'll and say hi.
Ajgall1055
hunter

Postby porterlab » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:50 pm

hey all!

my name is phil, from SE mass. been hunting waterfowl for a few years now and pretty much caught the bug full on.

I am currently working as a timber framer in RI, looking to move closer to work soon. I was directed here from another forum, and seems i have a lot of reading to do! seems full of good info over here!
porterlab
hunter

Postby KazoeKanoe » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:33 pm

I moved to Florida from NC (work related).

The woman are hot.
The duck hunting is nice, but I sure do miss my greenheads.
The damn gnats suck.

I am addicted to boats! Thank God there is plenty of water (in theory, not as of now) in this state
KazoeKanoe
Newb

Postby FLTXduck » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Brian here. Going into my 3rd year of duck hunting. Lived in SW Florida up til abotu 4 years ago when family obligations caused me to move north (illinois), much to my sincere dismay. So, why check out the FL. section you wonder? Well here is why; my heart is and will always be in Florida. I lived to fish when i lived there...and then 3 years ago i discovered duck hunting....and now i live to hunt and fish there. I get back about 3-4 times each year to do both. I'll be down in a few weeks for early teal. These kinds of forums are the only things that keep me going through the winters up north. See ya'll in the marsh in about 30 days!
FLTXduck
hunter

Postby barry13 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:08 pm

hey all, like most others i never introduced myself before. My name is Barry, im 21, and i live just south of jacksonville in Orange Park. i have lived here my whole life and grew up shooting guns but never hunted, just bass fished constantly. i got into duck hunting just last year when a buddy of mine that i work with took me hunting with him. Ever since that morning i have been absolutely hooked on hunting. If any of yall are ever in need of a hunting partner then just shoot me a message. Also, id like to thank all of yall for your hospitality on this site, i know sometimes we noobs can ask some stupid stuff but yall have all been a great help so thank- you. Hoping this is gonna be a good year and i wish all of you best of luck with your upcoming seasons.
Barry
barry13
Newb

Postby big shady » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm

I guess I kinda forgot to do this. The name is William. 25 years old. Born and raised here in between Tallahassee and Lamont. Went on my first duck hunt when I was three years old on the Aucilla river and I've been hooked ever since. Deer hunt the two weeks before duck season starts, and the two week break between phases. Love to Bass fish. Hunt out of a Wigeon boat with a 6.5 Honda mudbuddy on the back. In the process of training my dog, Lickskillets Annie Lou. I just call her Annie, but had to come up with some fancy name lol. Have a brain disorder, dont work, so I get to hunt every day of the season :yes: If you see a guy about 6'5 300 lbs on Lake Miccosukee in a little ass boat, long hair and a big beard, shout at me.
11-12 Duck Count (Boat totals, dont hate)

14 Wood Ducks
19 BWT
9 GWT
1 Bootlip
4 Ringnecks
big shady
hunter

Postby jerodN » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:53 am

Hi my name is Jerod I am 29 and live in Groveland. I am not new to hunting but am new to duck hunting. I got the itch to give it a try after training my labs and not enough time with just dove hunting.
jerodN
hunter

Postby Catfish_Hunter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 am

jerodN wrote:Hi my name is Jerod I am 29 and live in Groveland. I am not new to hunting but am new to duck hunting. I got the itch to give it a try after training my labs and not enough time with just dove hunting.

Welcome to the forum... Hope your not just here for some internet scouting lol... :welcome: :beer:
Catfish_Hunter
hunter

Postby jerodN » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:12 am

no just trying to learn what i can before i actually go start playing the game. my dog isn't quite ready to go yet so i don't know how much i will actually do. That and all i have is a few cheap calls i am practicing on a jon boat and shotgun..
jerodN
hunter

Re: Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby HOPIN4ABOAT » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:34 am

jerodN wrote:no just trying to learn what i can before i actually go start playing the game. my dog isn't quite ready to go yet so i don't know how much i will actually do. That and all i have is a few cheap calls i am practicing on a jon boat and shotgun..

Well good luck your a half @$s dog, Jon boat, and few cheap calls farther than I was when I started. I just now got all that fancy dancy stuff and a couple decoys
Montanafowler wrote:check the jiblets real good, nothing scarier than seeing a bug biting your balls :lol3:
HOPIN4ABOAT
hunter

Postby jerodN » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:11 pm

funny thing is the dog knows more about whats going on than I do. He even has ribbons to prove it Image
jerodN
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Florida Duck Hunting