Introduce yourself!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Postby patrick.carrington » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:46 am

My turn, My turn, My name is Patrick Carrington. I am 23 years old and I never stop thinking about waterfowl. I have been doing it with ducks for about 10 years now . My favorite is geese. Not many in Florida but how says you cant travel. I have a good friend John Heupel that taught me the way of Southern waterfowling. I Grew up in Marshall, Michigan in were the geese get thick. I am in the navy at NAS jax and work about two biulding down from Jessie(woodie77). I am also a part of Team Redneckin', A hunting club and soon to be guiding outfit. I have a wife and son that i cant wait to teach how to hunt and fish. I have had any words of advise, it would be DUCK ID. Know your ducks. It well save you money when you meet the FWC :lol: I hate coots :mad:
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:50 am

So when you coming home Pat.
Glad to see you alive and posting
Mossy Oak-Waterfowl Prostaff
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
Vice Chair- CFL Delta Waterfowl
Regional Director United Waterfowlers
FFWCC Hunter Safety Area Coordinator
kg4yus
hunter

Postby fl.redneck.duckhunter » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:12 am

Oh Oh Oh now it is my turn thanks Pat. My name is John Heupel, I live in Middleburg. I am currently deployed with pat, we should be home in mid dec. I am in the Navy and originaly from South Dakota, Moved to Florida in 1987. I have been Hunting ducks since i was 11 and i am old now. I have a family of 2 girls and 1 son, and three grandsons. They all understand my addiction with duck hunting. They live with it. I just bought a new boat for me and pat to hunt with just before i left. Got to use it twice. Well i will get off here for now. If yall want to email me you can at john.heupel@cvw1.navy.mil.

:help: GET ME HOME FOR DUCK HUNTING :lol:
fl.redneck.duckhunter
hunter

Postby caleb » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:43 am

welcome!! good luck to both of you guys. I thank you for your service.

--c--
caleb
State Moderator

New to the forum but not duck hunting

Postby GreenHead71 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:59 am

Well John and Pat broke my arm so i guess i will have to finally say a little about my self. My name is Eric and I am 36 born and raised in Arkansas. I was about 11 when i first started duck hunting. I pretty much hunted in Stutgart all the time till i joined the navy when i turned 18. Now im stationed in Jax with Pat and John and they introduced me to florida style duck hunting. I have a 14 yr old son who just loves to duck hunt with me and the guys and at this moment is counting down the days till dad gets home from deployment and he gets to go hunting again with all of us. Ok thats about it for me nice to meet everyone and good hunting....
GreenHead71
hunter

Postby caleb » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:03 am

welcome eric!
caleb
State Moderator

Postby pintail17 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi guys,
My name is Grady. I am 32 years old, been hunting ducks for 19 years and been a duckaholic for 18 years and 364 days. In other words, I was addicted from my first hunt. I grew up hunting ducks with my uncle and brother in the flooded corn and bean fields of Missouri and Illinois. I learned everything about duck hunting from my uncle who was a guide in Canada for several years until he started having trouble finding a new job after every season. I think he had a duck call in my mouth before my mother had a bottle in it (not that it has helped my calling any, but I am ok). I also love to hunt doves, quail, turkey and I will even sit in a deer stand if the duck season is closed. I moved to florida in 97 when I got out of the military, and I had to quickly cope with the different type of duck hunting in Florida. I guess when you love fowl as much as we do, it doesn't take long to get over it. I have hunted several different area's here in florida to include, Merrit Island, TM, Okee, Toho, St. Johns and Crooked lake. By the way, I am located in Auburndale. I am a dog lover and believe that 50%of the fun of duck hunting is working the dog. I have a new 9 month old Chocolate and she made her first retrieve on doves a couple weeks ago. I lost my 8 year old lab last year and it was like losing a kid.

I am recently married for the second time (the first one didn't understand my passion for ducks, so she had to go)!! My new wife totally supports my passion and will even join me every now and then. Paw in law likes to hunt to and he has a bass boat, not a bad deal!! I am the director of operations for a security company in Orlando. We install security systems, CCTV, Access Control, Home theater etc.

It was nice to finally come across a site that appears to have dedicated waterfowlers on it that aren't afraid to shed some light on what is working for them. I have been on sites before that seems like alls they want to do is bash each other. I am certainly not on here to find out anyone's honeyhole, but rather chat with other addicts and if a friendship develops from it all the better. More eyes in the sky means more ducks on the grill. I am not opposed to sharing some secrets of mine, and taking someone along for the experience is always a possibility. I look forward to chatting with everyone and hope to see ya all in the marsh.

Grady
pintail17
hunter

Postby caleb » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:42 am

welcome grady!
caleb
State Moderator

Postby snipeshooter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:31 am

WElcome to the boards. :welcome:
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:55 pm

:welcome:
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
kg4yus
hunter

Postby stumphunter » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:30 pm

Hello my name is Chris I am 30 years old im a firefighter in okaloosa county and I do mostly woodduck hunting in the ebro Fl. area I live just north of Panama city florida Bay county.
stumphunter
hunter

Postby caleb » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:38 pm

caleb
State Moderator

Postby snipeshooter » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:51 am

snipeshooter
hunter

Postby kayakhunter » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:46 pm

It was nice to finally come across a site that appears to have dedicated waterfowlers on it that aren't afraid to shed some light on what is working for them. I have been on sites before that seems like alls they want to do is bash each other. I am certainly not on here to find out anyone's honeyhole, but rather chat with other addicts and if a friendship develops from it all the better. More eyes in the sky means more ducks on the grill. I am not opposed to sharing some secrets of mine, and taking someone along for the experience is always a possibility. I look forward to chatting with everyone and hope to see ya all in the marsh.

Grady[/quote]

Amen to that Pintail 17! Some sites you better not open your mouth or you'll get scorched. This seems like a great bunch of guys, so I'll join in.

My name is Marty. I'm 51 now (can't believe it) and have been loving duck hunting since I was 10 or 12. I live in Tallahassee. Started out hunting woodducks and ringers in North Florida and that's pretty much what we've done ever since. My first passion is serving the Lord, but my family, duck hunting and turkey hunting are at the top besides that. I'm married with three daughters, 26, 11, and 7 years old. The 11 year old is going to be my hunter, hopefully this year she can take her first duck.

There is nothting better to me than sitting on the pond with your best buddy, waiting for them to come, sipping on a cup of hot coffee or maybe having a good chew. Even if I don't kill much (too common here lately) it is still wonderful.

Happy hunting and God bless.

Marty
kayakhunter
hunter

Postby BigBend » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:56 pm

I hunt Tallahassee as well
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby FLOODED CORN » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:16 pm

I live in Tallahassee, born and raised here for 22 years. Been hunting ducks on Iamonia (at Duck Rest), Miccosukee, Jackson, and used to on St. Joe land down on 98 across from Bay North and also off Tram Rd, and on insane roost pond that is now in a state park :mad: since I was old enough to pull the trigger. Currently I hunt mostly on Miccosukee but we are working on a 5 acre corn pond on my dad's land north of Iamoina. I have a 14' jonboat with a 5hp go-devil and a 13' Gehnoe with an electric.
FLOODED CORN
hunter

Postby oldfatslow » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:50 pm

I'm Scott. I'm old, fat, and slow. I've got 7 kids- 6
drakes and a hen. The ones that are big enough
hunt with me. The others eventually will. The two
biggest are in college and the others are home-
schooled. I live in the Eau Gallie area and hunt
the St. Johns marsh.

ofs
oldfatslow
hunter

Postby snipeshooter » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:58 pm

Welcome to the forum Flooded Corn and Old Fat Slow :welcome:
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby esq.quackhead » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:22 am

I'm sure everyone knows me here already, my sign on is CUNCRT on all other forums. Im a Personal Injury Attorney in Ft. Lauderdale and usually hunt 6-7 days a week in the everglades. I've been away from this forum for a while so i figured i would reintroduce myself.

I was born and raised in Indiana and moved down here for law school 4 years ago and I am never moving back up North. My girlfriend recently took a job at a firm in Tampa so my house is currently for sale and Im prepping for the move up that way. Im not ot excited about leaving the glades but im sure ill find plenty of birds in the bay area

Regards,

billy
"the only time you will find sucess before work, is in the dictionary"
esq.quackhead
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:55 pm

Good to have you aboard Billy :welcome:
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
kg4yus
hunter

Postby stingray » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:51 am

Hey,
Im Dave, but mostly everyone calls me stingray, Im 21 and this is my secound season duck hunting, and I am addicted. I live in jacksonville beach and go to school at UNF. I also have a 18 MO lab who I work with daily training to hunt while im learning to train. I hunt guana WMA, and in the merrit island area.
stingray
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:44 am

DU/UW/Delta Waterfowl Central FL Chairman
Certified Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Hog Trapper
Mossy Oak/SDO/Bullseye Adventures Pro Staff
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby MK2022 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:59 pm

Hello! I'm new to the forum...

21 years old, student at FSU, from Vero Beach, Florida.

I've been hunting and fishing my whole life-- I've been tagging along with my dad since I was old enough to go. We've deer, hog, turkey, duck, dove, and even gator hunted. My only kills so far have been dove and ducks though. I got my first duck- a GWT drake- on Christmas Eve morning when I was 12. I've recently gotten into deer hunting more and am hoping to take one this year. Duck hunting is by far my favorite- getting up at 3am and sitting cold, hungry, and sleepy in the blind doesn't seem like fun to some people. But, truly, nothing compares to sitting there with my dad and brother just as the sun begins to illuminate the decoys. Up until recently, I would usually tag along to enjoy the outdoors and take pictures, but the thrill of knocking down those speedy ducks has really gotten me hooked!

I'm trying to venture out on my own and hunt some up here in Tallahassee with my boyfriend and some friends.
MK2022
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:03 pm

:welcome: MK2022
DU/UW/Delta Waterfowl Central FL Chairman
Certified Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Hog Trapper
Mossy Oak/SDO/Bullseye Adventures Pro Staff
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby maulki » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi everybody, it's me the leprechaun as Matt "Shrek the Ogre" likes to call me. I guess I should let everyone know who I really am. My name is Mickey, I'm 42 soon to be 43 in a couple weeks. I'm married to my wonderful wife Karen and have 2 sons, Jordan and Matthew ages 25 and 15. I live in Fruitland Park, FL and have been for 14 years, moved up from Orlando where I was born and raised. My dad was also born here, in Hollywood, FL. I am self-employed doing home improvements for the last ten years or so, was in sheet metal before that for about 15 years. So I guess you could say that I'm used to hard work. Lately all the hard work's been at my own home trying to finish up a 6 year remodeling project :hammer: . I'm absolutely nuts about hunting and fishing of any kind :skeet: . I was in the boat with my dad when I was knee high to a grasshopper, and my dream would be to hunt and fish for a living. I like to see the humor in any situation :crazy: if possible, just seems to make life more tolerable and enjoyable. However, I do have a serious side :zzz: . When I hear the wings of a flying bird or that distinct crack of a twig in the deer woods, I'm all about serious and the hunt. Nice to meet everybody, see you in the water or the woods. Merry CHRISTmas and happy new year to everyone :party: .

MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF
NUISANCE HOG TRAPPER
is that a duck? just one more minute!
maulki
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Florida Duck Hunting