Introduce yourself!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Postby kg4yus » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Welcome Aboard Dusty...
Hunted OL last year, nice lake just way too many swamp donkeys for my liking.
Mossy Oak-Waterfowl Prostaff
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
Vice Chair- CFL Delta Waterfowl
Regional Director United Waterfowlers
FFWCC Hunter Safety Area Coordinator
kg4yus
hunter

Postby darkwing duck SR. » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:32 pm

I am 48 years YOUNG. I live in palm beach county. I have been duck hunting for over 27 years. New to this site but impressed with what I see.
darkwing duck SR.
Newb

Postby timistall » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:18 am

48 is not old, if you're a "tree" :rofl: I'll be 49 in March, all presents are welcome :thumbsup:
timistall
hunter

Postby caleb » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:26 am

timistall wrote: I'll be 49 in March, all presents are welcome :thumbsup:

just let everyone know...he will need a lot of steel #2's :rofl:
caleb
State Moderator

Postby snipeshooter » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:37 am

Well you got me beat, by a few months anyway. :welcome:
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby Jdub » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:40 pm

:welcome:
Jdub
hunter

Postby BigBend » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:44 am

BigBend
State Moderator

Postby FastDuck » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:52 am

Sid Thyhsen

"Going Places Others Can't"
FastDuck
hunter

Postby smoke'em » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:05 pm

My name is Jim i'm 31. Work in Auto insurance and part-time electrician. Hunted with winston and matt on a woodie hunt. They still make fun off the fact I didn't wear waders. I was born and raised in deltona area, been hunting with dad, grandpa and bros since pretty much birth. I love to duck hunt but haven't the last few years per lack of boat. I used to hunt lake loughman and just kick canoe across first canal and walk anywhere on lake. But that place has dried up and trying to convince the wife I NEED THE BOAT. So stick to picking on deer, hogs, turkey and tree rats.
Had a few hunts while doing work up in NC. Found this site and now get to day dream while at work all day. I now get it on the cell phone.
smoking quack again

Friends don't let friends miss ducks!
smoke'em
hunter

Postby davidflorida » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi My name is david im 49 years young. i live in margate fl thats west of pompano beach. I am new to duck hunting about 2 years now . I hunt with my 10 year old son also david .We have hunted the sta areas on the broward palm beach line .I grew up on cape cod and fished all the time there were no hunters in my family. I moved to florida at 18 chasing spring break .I ended up staying here. I am a roofing contractor ive been doing roofs for the last 25 years . We spend time in ohio hunting deer and we are going to start turkey hunting also .we have a small piece of land on the little muskingom river in ohio with a cabin that has a national park surrounding us . Ihave been hunting deer and pigs and small game all over fla and have taken a few good bucks in ohio and plenty of does . now its pretty much deer and ducks cant wait for next year . thanks to all the people who put this site together its alot of help to a newbie like me thanks again .[/code][/list][/b]
davidflorida
hunter

Postby snipeshooter » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:18 pm

:welcome: aboard David
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
kg4yus
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:08 pm

DU/UW/Delta Waterfowl Central FL Chairman
Certified Hunter Safety Instructor
Nuisance Hog Trapper
Mossy Oak/SDO/Bullseye Adventures Pro Staff
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby snipeshooter » Sun May 18, 2008 3:48 pm

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Did you just buy your rig from Sid ?
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Sun May 18, 2008 4:05 pm

get ready for that Dog Ladder!!

It was good to talk with you the other day....
and welcome to the Forum.

enjoy that rig
Nuisance Hog Trapper
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Sun May 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Welcome aboard Ashley.

Your welcome up here on Lk. George anytime.

-Winston
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
kg4yus
hunter

Postby huntsflorida » Mon May 19, 2008 6:04 pm

Hey everyone....new to the site...I.m a 48 year old South Florida native. Ive been hunting since I could barely hold up a firearm....mostly all in Florida....I have owned and operated a hunting operation south of Clewiston for the past 23 years. In my spare time.... when I'm not hunting...I'm fishing....basically can't get enough of the outdoors. Looks like a great bunch of guys on this forum....Looking forward to the discussions.
Capt. Mark Clemons
huntsflorida
account suspended for advertising/promo

Postby snipeshooter » Mon May 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Welcome yo the forum. Some times things get rowdy over here just don't take things personal. :welcome:
snipeshooter
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Good to have you. I have stomped around south of Clewiston - outdoor work related. Nice area. Looking forward to reading more.
Nuisance Hog Trapper
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby huntmstr » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Some of you guys know me from other forums, but new to this one. Name's Chuck Echenique. EDITED BY MODERATOR I'm a 37 yr. old native from Tampa. Been a hunter since I was 4 and fishing since I was old enough to hold a rod. I work as a PI and insurance adjuster full time, but I also guide part time for turkeys since 1995 and gators since 1998. Been making turkey and duck calls since 1999. I also moonlight at an archery shop in Land O Lakes and am a staff writer with Woods N Water Magazine. My monthly column is called Views From The Blind. I've also shot competative archery until 3 years ago since I was 8 yrs old. Too many irons in the fire these days and archery competition was the first to go. I still practice daily and love me some hunting. Deer, turkey ducks, dove, quail, pretty much anything there's a season for, I kill it and grill it. Also have some formal training in culinary arts and an undergrad degree from Auburn in deer management. Always looking for another person to hunt with and love sharing the blind or a favorite spot with a new hunter. And likely, if you have a question about FL laws and hunting or fishing, I'll have an aswer or know where to find it fast. Also, founding board member of Airboat Sportsmen Legal Defense Fund currently fighting the Seminole Co. Commission on the airboat ban at Lake Toho. Glad to be here and hope to hunt with many of you in the future.
Final Approach,Bushnell, Primos & Duck Junkies Pro Staffs
Proud Member of the Fab Five
Owner Rebel Yelp Calls & Outfitters

I had you pissed off at hello.
huntmstr
hunter

Postby mgoldschmidt » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:03 pm

good to have you on the forum
Nuisance Hog Trapper
mgoldschmidt
hunter

Postby FastDuck » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:01 am

Welcome aboard send me a catalog I would like to see your calls! I have read your column from time to time glad to see you aboard! I do a littel turkey hunting myself. There is nothing like it!

huntmstr wrote:Some of you guys know me from other forums, but new to this one. Name's Chuck Echenique, EDITED BY MODERATORI'm a 37 yr. old native from Tampa. Been a hunter since I was 4 and fishing since I was old enough to hold a rod. I work as a PI and insurance adjuster full time, but I also guide part time for turkeys since 1995 and gators since 1998. Been making turkey and duck calls since 1999. I also moonlight at an archery shop in Land O Lakes and am a staff writer with Woods N Water Magazine. My monthly column is called Views From The Blind. I've also shot competative archery until 3 years ago since I was 8 yrs old. Too many irons in the fire these days and archery competition was the first to go. I still practice daily and love me some hunting. Deer, turkey ducks, dove, quail, pretty much anything there's a season for, I kill it and grill it. Also have some formal training in culinary arts and an undergrad degree from Auburn in deer management. Always looking for another person to hunt with and love sharing the blind or a favorite spot with a new hunter. And likely, if you have a question about FL laws and hunting or fishing, I'll have an aswer or know where to find it fast. Also, founding board member of Airboat Sportsmen Legal Defense Fund currently fighting the Seminole Co. Commission on the airboat ban at Lake Toho. Glad to be here and hope to hunt with many of you in the future.
Sid Thyhsen

FastDuck
hunter

Postby huntmstr » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:07 pm

Fast Duck Motors wrote:Welcome aboard send me a catalog I would like to see your calls! I have read your column from time to time glad to see you aboard! I do a littel turkey hunting myself. There is nothing like it!

Don't have a catalog, just the web site, EDITED BY MODERATOR

Check it out and if there's anything inparticular you want that you don't see, just email me. Thanks.
Final Approach,Bushnell, Primos & Duck Junkies Pro Staffs
Proud Member of the Fab Five
Owner Rebel Yelp Calls & Outfitters

I had you pissed off at hello.
huntmstr
hunter

Postby FastDuck » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:01 pm

10-4 Thanks I will check it out!! :yes:

huntmstr wrote:
Fast Duck Motors wrote:Welcome aboard send me a catalog I would like to see your calls! I have read your column from time to time glad to see you aboard! I do a littel turkey hunting myself. There is nothing like it!

Don't have a catalog, just the web site, EDITED BY MODERATOR

Check it out and if there's anything inparticular you want that you don't see, just email me. Thanks.
Sid Thyhsen

FastDuck
hunter

Newbie Here

Postby quackbob » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:28 am

Hello all,
I joined the forum a couple months back and I'm just getting around to introducing myself, it never seems like there's enough time in the day. Names Bob Poutree, some of you probably know me from other forums. I live west of Orlando and I've been in Central Florida for about 20 years now. I grew up hunting tidal marshes and rivers in Maine and still get back there to do some shooting from time to time, but home is definitely here now! Flats fishing and duck hunting are what I love to do. I've got a 4 year old son that wrangled with his first mangrove snapper recently and is already itching to go out duck hunting. That'll probably be a couple years away though. Anyway, I just wanted to say howdy.
Bob
quackbob
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Florida Duck Hunting