Gator Boat Duckhunter Used

A duck boat forum to discuss duck hunting boats, mud motors, and everything related.

Moderators: jamesmc, Dogman, NCSUDucker, nitrousneil

Gator Boat Duckhunter Used

Postby TacoDuckin » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi, Newbie here.

I am checking out a used(2008) Duckhunter built by someone locally.

I want to check out the fiberglass work and make sure the boat still looks solid. Can anyone give me a fair price for a 14'7 duckhunter with a loadrite trailer and a 9.9hp motor?
TacoDuckin
Newb

Re: Gator Boat Duckhunter Used

Postby JFord56 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Cost $600+ to built the boat just in materials. Trailer gonna cost you $5-600+. Might find a 9.8 for $600 if older. You looking at $1800-$2k easy especially if it is rigged and has a blind and ready to hunt. I have the plans for one myself - on my bucket list. I think it would be a great boat with a 9-15 ob or a mud motor.
JFord56
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:36 pm

A lot depends on the builder, the materials used, accessories added and how well its been kept up. I've been building them along with several other models (Toller Boatworks)I designed for a little over a decade and have boats from coast to coast. I will say a 9.9 on that boat is just going to plow water with a load. Not sure of your location, but if you are up in Mass I'd be leery of that boat, the guy posted up on craigslist trying to sell it saying I was the builder and it wasn't one of my boats and used a picture from my site of one of my boats on the water :mad: Didn't have the balls to return my call but ended up editing the ad then removing entirely.

Brad
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Indtruckman » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:36 pm

I built one and still working on it. We built it with same materals they use on lager boats. I wish that had gave Brad an order, because I know I have over 3k in boat and 2k in mud motor.
Indtruckman
hunter

Return to Waterfowl Boats, Motors, & Boat Blinds