Duck boat poker run?

A waterfowl discussion forum focusing on Kansas duck hunting.

Moderators: T Man, Mallyard, dukhntr, yellowlab

Re: Duck boat poker run?

Postby T Man » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:20 am

Sorry for the tease guys. It is not looking like it is going to happen this year. I am going to try and find some decent sponsors for next year to help offset the initial cash outlay for facility rental, permits, prizes, etc. I cannot get this promoted well enough in the next few months to get a decent turnout that would really get sponsors interested. I will continue to work on this and try and get it put together for next year. I also need to scout some locations this summer. Right now it is looking like either Hillsdale or Perry will be ideal but I have only been on Hillsdale once, and never on Perry. This has been an idea bouncing around my head for a few years now and would like to model it after the Sparkleberry Duck Run held in South Carolina. If anyone is interested in coming onboard to help with the planning and organization, shoot me a PM.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby TomKat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:34 am

I like the boat part. I just dont understand what it is you want to do. Do we drive boats on one lake, from lake to lake, or what?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby T Man » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 am

TomKat wrote:I like the boat part. I just dont understand what it is you want to do. Do we drive boats on one lake, from lake to lake, or what?

One lake.

It is a Poker Run. Your entry fee buys you one hand and dinner that night. If you want to buy extra hands, they will be an additional charge. The boats then run from station to station on one lake. There will be two courses, a short one that stays fairly shallow for guys in small boats with trolling motors and one long course for bigger boats with bigger motors. At each station, a card is drawn. Prizes are awarded based on the hands. Best hand, worst hand, etc. It is not a race, and first place gets you nothing. At the end of the day everyone comes back to the starting point and a dinner will be provided. Funds raised cover costs incurred with the run, and any excess is donated to a charity. I am currently thinking DU but that is subject to change.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
T Man
Super Moderator

Postby TomKat » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Got it!

Will there be dancing girls at the stations?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby duckdozer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:33 pm

TomKat wrote:Got it!

Will there be dancing girls at the stations?

Better be or I am out, lol! :lol:
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 ('13) 185
Season #2 ('14) 197
Season #3 ('15) 59
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:20 am

If it's held any place near Great Bend, I'd be willing to help where I can.
mudpack
hunter

Previous

Return to Kansas Duck Hunting