What drills retrieving drills, if any, should I be doing wit

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

What drills retrieving drills, if any, should I be doing wit

Postby Collin_CS203 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:44 pm

I was just wondering if I should be doing any drills as far as retrieving is concerned. Should I intro doubles to her or anything along that lines or is that to much.I am following a book by tom dokken and I noticed it says nothing about this till the end and is classified as advanced training. I have followed it to a T so far and everything is going great so far. And suggestions would be great
Thanks
Collin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Collin_CS203
hunter

Re: What drills retrieving drills, if any, should I be doing

Postby Collin_CS203 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Cut be off but she is 5 months old

Collin_CS203
hunter

Postby Rutin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:15 pm

First off she's a PUPPY!!!! Everything should be FUN..... right now its ALL about OB. Formal drills and training wont take serious place until her adult teeth are in and she's been through CC and FF. I wouldn't enforce TOO much on her right now and burn her out, she has a LONG life to live and ALOT of training ahead of her.
Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)
Great Ballz of Fire (Maverick)
Rutin
hunter

Postby Collin_CS203 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Rutin wrote:First off she's a PUPPY!!!! Everything should be FUN..... right now its ALL about OB. Formal drills and training wont take serious place until her adult teeth are in and she's been through CC and FF. I wouldn't enforce TOO much on her right now and burn her out, she has a LONG life to live and ALOT of training ahead of her.

Thanks thats along the lines I've read and heard. I was just wondering if there are things I can be doing to improve her marking skills. Or is that even to much to expect at 5 months?

Collin_CS203
hunter

Postby razorback » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Collin_CS203 wrote:
Rutin wrote:First off she's a PUPPY!!!! Everything should be FUN..... right now its ALL about OB. Formal drills and training wont take serious place until her adult teeth are in and she's been through CC and FF. I wouldn't enforce TOO much on her right now and burn her out, she has a LONG life to live and ALOT of training ahead of her.

Thanks thats along the lines I've read and heard. I was just wondering if there are things I can be doing to improve her marking skills. Or is that even to much to expect at 5 months?

If you haven't get her introduced to birds!
razorback
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum