Stoeger Longfowler?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Stoeger Longfowler?

Postby 11nick77 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:57 am

Does anyone have any first hand feedback on the Stoeger LF or the brand in general. I am also considering the Ruger Red Label.
11nick77
hunter

Re: Stoeger Longfowler?

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:59 pm

I have one, i used it for this last hunting season and it worked well. I do advise that you fully clean all the factory grease and spray it down with rem. oil. The factory gunk was preventing me from firing the 2nd shell. One good cleaning later and problem solved. Great gun IMO.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby cootlover » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:58 pm

I had a stoeger o/u not bad for a throw behind the seat shotgun. I still have a ruger alweather it's a nice gun not a berretta are guerini it's a nice starter o/u shotgun.
cootlover
hunter

Postby waterfowlhunter » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:01 pm

I had the longfowler, Mine fired both barrels 5 out of 6 times. Stoeger tried to fix it and thought it was ok but after a box of ammo it started doing it again. I have another Stoeger that is about 5 years old and it works great and a buddy has the sporting model and the rib between the barrels broke so Stoeger replaced it with a new one with about a 1 week turnaround. So customer service is good but quality is hit or miss IMO.
"A free people ought to be armed" George Washington 1790

‘For those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.’ —Ben Franklin.”
waterfowlhunter
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mudpack » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:17 pm

11nick77 wrote: I am also considering the Ruger Red Label.

The Ruger is ten times the gun the Stoeger is.
mudpack
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum