Crockpot Canada's

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Crockpot Canada's

Postby Nichkor7 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Any good recipes for slow Cooked geese??
Thanks!!
Nichkor7
hunter

Re: Crockpot Canada's

Postby MacAttack » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Whole or breasts?
MacAttack
hunter

Postby Nichkor7 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:06 am

Either or.
Nichkor7
hunter

Postby Omaha Clucker » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 pm

There's quite a few on here, but the easiest I've found is using the breast and any other de-boned meat, cover with apple cider, cook all day on low, then drain and using 2 forks pull it all to shreds. back in to the pot and cover with bbq sauce for another 30 min to an hour or until its hot enough for you.
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Omaha Clucker wrote:There's quite a few on here, but the easiest I've found is using the breast and any other de-boned meat, cover with apple cider, cook all day on low, then drain and using 2 forks pull it all to shreds. back in to the pot and cover with bbq sauce for another 30 min to an hour or until its hot enough for you.

This is what I was going to suggest. I made it when I was still in college home on xmas break. My parents still talk about it, they loved it.
MacAttack
hunter

Postby Nichkor7 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:43 pm

I'll have to give it a try!! Thanks for some good ideas guys
Nichkor7
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:38 am

Omaha Clucker wrote:There's quite a few on here, but the easiest I've found is using the breast and any other de-boned meat, cover with apple cider, cook all day on low, then drain and using 2 forks pull it all to shreds. back in to the pot and cover with bbq sauce for another 30 min to an hour or until its hot enough for you.

i am doing this right now. the goose breasts were cooking overnight and are fall-apart tender now. gonna drain it soon and pull apart all the meat. it's for a game feast i am going to later today.

just a quick question that may not get answered in time but i will ask it anyway. do you drain out all of the cider or do you leave a little bit in there to keep it moist before adding the bbq sauce?

***turned out real good. added some carmalized onions and a shot of jack daniels. used two bottles of sweet baby ray's bbq sauce for 4 goose breasts. good stuff, thanks for the idea. :beer:
Attachments
Image-1.jpg
DuckPharm wrote:I'm talking about the pie billed goldeneye.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:14 am

This sounds and looks really good, Ive got 3 goose breasts in the pot right now, Ill let you know how it comes out added a bit of Bourbon to it as well.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:32 pm

cluckmeister wrote:This sounds and looks really good, Ive got 3 goose breasts in the pot right now, Ill let you know how it comes out added a bit of Bourbon to it as well.

fyi, you may need more than one bottle of bbq sauce...i needed two bottles for 4 goose breasts.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:
cluckmeister wrote:This sounds and looks really good, Ive got 3 goose breasts in the pot right now, Ill let you know how it comes out added a bit of Bourbon to it as well.

fyi, you may need more than one bottle of bbq sauce...i needed two bottles for 4 goose breasts.

Thanks, I buy BBQ by the gallon so Ill adjust accordingly also I did a site search and a few fellows added a onion and a bit of pork, I followed their lead.
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Nichkor7 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:12 pm

Professor_Leakey wrote:

i am doing this right now. the goose breasts were cooking overnight and are fall-apart tender now. gonna drain it soon and pull apart all the meat. it's for a game feast i am going to later today.

just a quick question that may not get answered in time but i will ask it anyway. do you drain out all of the cider or do you leave a little bit in there to keep it moist before adding the bbq sauce?

***turned out real good. added some carmalized onions and a shot of jack daniels. used two bottles of sweet baby ray's bbq sauce for 4 goose breasts. good stuff, thanks for the idea. :beer:

How did it taste?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nichkor7
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Just finished the best dang goose in the world, the wife who wont eat wild game loved it as did my Grandson.
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Joelseph » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:04 am

cluckmeister wrote:Just finished the best dang goose in the world, the wife who wont eat wild game loved it as did my Grandson.

My wife will eat wild game, but despises goose. Does this recipe really hide the taste of it? If so, i'm going to give it a try sometime. Also, do you trim it up real good? Typically with sausage I don't worry about trimming all of the silver skin off, but I'm thinking I might need to with this. Thoughts?
Joelseph
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:34 am

Joelseph wrote:
cluckmeister wrote:Just finished the best dang goose in the world, the wife who wont eat wild game loved it as did my Grandson.

My wife will eat wild game, but despises goose. Does this recipe really hide the taste of it? If so, i'm going to give it a try sometime. Also, do you trim it up real good? Typically with sausage I don't worry about trimming all of the silver skin off, but I'm thinking I might need to with this. Thoughts?

Joelseph heres the recipe I used, my wife, my grandson and my neighbor and his wife said it tasted like BBQ beef to them.

3 Canada breasts

About 8 oz of untrimmed pork loin, I think the fat on the loin helps the flavor

1/2 medium onion sliced

4 tablespoons Canadian Mist bourbon

Enough apple cider to completely cover the meat

Cook on high for 2 hours, then turn down to low and cook another 6 hours

Remove the meat and pull apart with a fork It will be super tender

Throw the liquid away and either use a new liner bag or wipe out crock pot

Put pulled meat in crock pot and mix in BBQ sauce to your preference of thickness. I used Curleys but any brand will work
I buy it by the gallon

Heat in crock pot on low until its good and hot

I served mine on buns with pan fried potatoes and ranch beans

If you don't have 3 breasts just adjust the amount of pork you use, You could probably make it with out the pork, but I think the pork fat adds a little to the overall taste. Even 2 untrimmed pork chops would work and give you the fat BTW you cant taste the pork at all
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Joelseph » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:14 am

Awesome thanks. I'll have to give it a try.
Joelseph
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Joelseph wrote:Awesome thanks. I'll have to give it a try.

Youre welcome, I think you will like it, matter of fact it is lunch time, think Ill go get BBQ goose sandwich right now
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Professor_Leakey » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:31 pm

i made mine with just goose meat, no pork...and it turned out great. next time i make it i will probably make a spicy version and possibly add some liquid smoke. anyone can make this.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby Cajun1085 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Just got made some. I miss read the post and covered the breast (2) in apple cider vinegar. The house smells like chit, but it came out darn good. I used a lot less BBQ sauce so the vinegar wouldn't over power it.
GATORTAIL 1646 25GTR

SouthEast Gator-tail
Cajun1085
hunter

Postby bibi123 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:36 am

back in to the pot and cover with bbq sauce for another 30 min to an hour or until its hot enough for you.
bibi123
Newb

Postby walnuts4x4 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:02 pm

I do it basically the same way but use coke-cola.... Cover breasts in soda cook till tender drain and pull apart then cook in BBQ to taste
walnuts4x4
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking