custom decoy repainters

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

custom decoy repainters

Postby OregonSpeck85 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Anyone know anybody that does custom goose decoy repaints? I have like 5 doz ghg full body's that I would like to get repainted but only know of mintz but at $45 a decoy, pricey! what ever info would be greatly appreciated.
OregonSpeck85
hunter

Re: custom decoy repainters

Postby redheaded » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Im pretty sure theres a place called body language that does them for cheaper.
redheaded
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:47 pm

do it on your own. I used rattle cans and they turned out better than them originals, and I am not a skilled painter. you just need to experiment
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby OregonSpeck85 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 am

Body language is Mintz he just changed the name, yeah I got 2 bigfoots that I found w/out heads ill experiment. You have any ideas on what paint to use?
OregonSpeck85
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:21 am

Rustoleum, rustoleum, rustoleum.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:21 am

rustoleum white plastic primer, camo Brown and camo sand( too dark not the greyish color the breast is,get khaki intead) , rustoleum2x flat black and I hand painted the white with some extra rustoleum hand paint I had laying around. I used the method commonly seen on the internet and then painted a brush with the spray paint and painted feather detail and now some paintless hardcores look like avian x geese. there is a learning curve to misting them. buy one of those rustoleum spray gun thingy attachments. they make it alot easier to paint precisely
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby labsforme » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:32 am

DSD in Lebanon will repaint decoys. At least they did last year. Need to get them there before they get production going. I hope they still do because I have some HC and DSD that need work.

Jeff
labsforme
hunter

Postby Bigredman5223 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Blue collar decoys also does repaints and I've used them on several decoys of mine. They look good. Give them a look. They are in Idaho. So if your in Oregon they are pretty close to you.
2013-14 SEASON HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!

GIG' EM AGGIES
Bigredman5223
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:13 pm

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/spo/4327789341.html
this guy is local to me. ive never seen his work so i cant say yea or nea. Says he wont ship or deliver but it might be worth lookin into.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby coruptone » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:23 pm

Give this a try, It works better with regular oil based paint but i have done it with rattle can also. take a cheap 2'' paint brush and brush out or (move) your colors. Spray on brush out, light coats. Shoot a small area then use the brush to spread it out. This will help soften the line between colors , like a poor mans airbrush.
coruptone
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:31 am

[quote="labsforme"]DSD in Lebanon will repaint decoys. At least they did last year. Need to get them there before they get production going. I hope they still do because I have some HC and DSD that need work

Need to get them sent in before they go into goose production in June. if you need any more info Pm me
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Fri May 23, 2014 1:41 am

OregonSpeck85 wrote:Body language is Mintz he just changed the name, yeah I got 2 bigfoots that I found w/out heads ill experiment. You have any ideas on what paint to use?

Just order new heads from Bigfoot.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Here is one of my 30 year old Flambeau Field or Water that I did with just a few sprays with paint from Wally World. The head is a Bigfoot Floater Stubby which will be attached with toggle eyebolts. I can do an entire spread for way less than $45. :yes:

Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum