New gun?

A forum to discuss everything about Oklahoma duck hunting.

Moderators: okiequacker, dgraves

New gun?

Postby Ely » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Lookin at getting a Browning A5 30" barrel chambered 3 1/2". What's every body's thoughts and opinion on that gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ely
hunter

Re: New gun?

Postby LiquidA45 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:20 am

Try the gun section. Not many active members here and you will get more responses. Honestly any fun from the big names will a great gun. Just go look at a bunch and get a feel for how they shoulder.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:28 am

Since it's a newer model, I would check the shotgun forum thoroughly to make sure there aren't any major issues. Sometimes after introducing a new model it will take the manufacturer a little while to fix unforeseen problems.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby joemf1985 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 am

So far so good with mine. Had it about 2 weeks and have run about 4 boxes of shells though it, so I cannot attest to longevity. Points well, and I shoot it well. It all boils down to inertia versus gas for me and I was tired of the time spent cleaning a gas operated shotguns. I won't shoot another gas operated gun if I have a choice, only the A-5 or benellis for me.
joemf1985
hunter

Postby Nerdwick » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 am

If you get one let me know how it goes....was thinking about selling my SBE2 to get one.

:beer:
Nerdwick
hunter

Postby MAJ MALFUNCTION » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Nerdwick wrote:If you get one let me know how it goes....was thinking about selling my SBE2 to get one.

Not happy with your SBE2?
QUACK WHORE
MAJ MALFUNCTION
hunter

Postby micneador » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm

MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:
Nerdwick wrote:If you get one let me know how it goes....was thinking about selling my SBE2 to get one.

Not happy with you're SBE2?

I've heard a lot of people do not like em. A friend of mine has one of the original SBE. Since he hardly hasnt cleaned in in the last 10 years I can say its definatly dependable.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
micneador
hunter

Postby Shrek » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:39 pm

micneador wrote:
MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:

I've heard a lot of people do not like em. A friend of mine has one of the original SBE. Since he hardly hasnt cleaned in in the last 10 years I can say its definatly dependable.

How could you not like the sbe2? I absolutely love mine. Favorite gun I've ever shot.
Shrek
hunter

Postby micneador » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Shrek wrote:
micneador wrote:
MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:

How could you not like the sbe2? I absolutely love mine. Favorite gun I've ever shot.

I've never truly fell in love with a semi, I prefer my citori 20ga. But occasionally my m2 20ga comes out when I'm lookin to fill the strap quick or it's gonna be raining/snowing.
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
micneador
hunter

Postby Nerdwick » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:13 am

micneador wrote:
MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:

Would never say I hate this gun...its been nothing but reliable and a straight shooter.

Just shouldered the browning at my brothers house and it just felt better for some reason. Only thing that I wonder about is if the humpback will throw me off at all.....

But if I had to keep my SBE2 I would still b a happy man...only thing that makes me more happy are new toys ;)

I

Nerdwick
hunter

Postby MAJ MALFUNCTION » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Shrek wrote:
micneador wrote:
MAJ MALFUNCTION wrote:

That's why I was asking - I've used an SBE2 for quite a while now and I love mine! :thumbsup:
QUACK WHORE
MAJ MALFUNCTION
hunter

Return to Oklahoma Duck Hunting