What's the coolest bird you harvested this season?

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Re: What's the coolest bird you harvested this season?

Postby Hbnel5on » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 am

Well, I'm the complete opposite from y'all on the map down here in georgia, and I know y'all get millions of wigeons, but we don't. So here's my great bags this year. Lots of redheads! We killed a few Rudy's and one buffie. And a banded greenhead ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Some coot stole my fone.
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hookers and blow.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 am

Forgot this one

Some coot stole my fone.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:01 am

That's really cool you got some wigeon down there! They are for sure a common bird around here but it's always fun to see what types of ducks people in other flyways find special.

For me I was gunning for a wood duck drake this year and finally got em. One of my friends who comes from the central flyway was less than impressed with wood ducks as he can shoot limits of them quite often back home.

I suppose somewhere in the country there is probably a hunter or two that is sick of killing King Eiders! :grooving:
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby bknilvr00 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
bknilvr00 wrote:UPDATE:

Well I thought my common goldeneye and my wifes common hen were the birds of the season, until today.... Went out for the last day of my season, and had a slow start due to the fog keeping the birds down. After the fog let up and got the boat relocated, managed to connect on my first Barrows Goldeneye. I knew it was a drake goldeneye on the wing, and I knew for certain it was a barrows when the shot connected and he tumbled. Im rather excited about it. Looks like I'll be footing the bill for a triple goldie mount this summer lol.

Will attach pictures when I resize them...

GPS that spot, I will bring the GE decoys and we will put a smack down on them next year.

Hah, gps. Now that's funny. I don't need no stinking gps. I got it all in my head! On a related note, I did learn that the goldies like the shallower water more than I had originally thought. But it doesn't change anything. After I get a big boy boat ill be able to scout out the big water around me and open up more possibilities.

Sent from my space modulator.
bknilvr00
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:29 am

It is on for sea ducks next year. With you having a bigger boat I can just toss the Pod on a small trailer and run north for hunts. I was bummed to miss out on the week long hunting trip this year!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby washingtonmuley » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:08 am

Hbnel5on wrote:Forgot this one

Some coot stole my fone.

Love the Reds!!!!
washingtonmuley
State Moderator

Postby aclumpkin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:40 am

One of my favorite local hunts this year was off the coast of NC. I haven't killed a bufflehead in years. Got this beauty and if I didn't already have one mounted (my first mount was an NC bufflehead), I probably would have mounted this one.

Pic.jpg
Some people just need a high-five.
In the face.
With a chair.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:44 am

bknilvr00 wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:
bknilvr00 wrote:UPDATE:

Well I thought my common goldeneye and my wifes common hen were the birds of the season, until today.... Went out for the last day of my season, and had a slow start due to the fog keeping the birds down. After the fog let up and got the boat relocated, managed to connect on my first Barrows Goldeneye. I knew it was a drake goldeneye on the wing, and I knew for certain it was a barrows when the shot connected and he tumbled. Im rather excited about it. Looks like I'll be footing the bill for a triple goldie mount this summer lol.

Will attach pictures when I resize them...

GPS that spot, I will bring the GE decoys and we will put a smack down on them next year.

Hah, gps. Now that's funny. I don't need no stinking gps. I got it all in my head! On a related note, I did learn that the goldies like the shallower water more than I had originally thought. But it doesn't change anything. After I get a big boy boat ill be able to scout out the big water around me and open up more possibilities.

Sent from my space modulator.
LOL. GPS that spot since you can't hunt there again. Remember that little talk we were so privileged to have with the help of Ralph?

Sent from my flux capacitor.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:16 pm

brokerbyduck wrote:That's really cool you got some wigeon down there! They are for sure a common bird around here but it's always fun to see what types of ducks people in other flyways find special.

For me I was gunning for a wood duck drake this year and finally got em. One of my friends who comes from the central flyway was less than impressed with wood ducks as he can shoot limits of them quite often back home.

I suppose somewhere in the country there is probably a hunter or two that is sick of killing King Eiders! :grooving:

We honestly don't shoot woodies.. We have wayy too many down here..

Some coot stole my fone.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:19 pm

washingtonmuley wrote:
Hbnel5on wrote:Forgot this one

Some coot stole my fone.

Love the Reds!!!!

Thanks cuz! I personally shot 11. Had a group of 20-25 come in closing day.. Click, pump, shot, splash, pump, shot, splash and like that had my limit! I forgot to put a shell in the chamber though lol

Some coot stole my fone.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Previous

Return to Washington Duck Hunting