Anyone hunt a spot in Auburn?

From the Berkshires to Cape Cod, Here is the place for the Bay State waterfowler to discuss and share their Massachusetts duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: captainkevan, JoeP, Tim D, MIKE J., HeritageHunter

Anyone hunt a spot in Auburn?

Postby Td2466 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a beginner duck hunter and plan on going out next season and I believe I found an excellent spot in Auburn. I don't want to say exactly where it is because it seems very promising but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anywhere on here who already hunts that spot because I don't want to use your spot. Thanks!

- just a side note, if anyone has any advice or tips for me let me know! It will be much appreciated.
Td2466
hunter

Re: Anyone hunt a spot in Auburn?

Postby Mbown75 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Yes.
Mbown75
hunter

Postby MIKE J. » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:11 pm

providing it is legal to hunt there no one has rights to claim a spot. first come first serve. If your second then give the other guy some space and let the birds work. If they dont want to land in your spread dont fill the sky with spite.
"Kill counts are for snipers, fighter pilots and Novice duck hunters."
MIKE J.
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kjm1022 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:25 am

MIKE J. wrote:providing it is legal to hunt there no one has rights to claim a spot. first come first serve. If your second then give the other guy some space and let the birds work. If they dont want to land in your spread dont fill the sky with spite.

I wish all the hunters I ran into at my spots this year would have taken your advice. :mad:
Unfortunately, it seems to be the exception and not the rule these past years.
kjm1022
hunter

Return to Massachusetts Duck Hunting