Kicks High Flyer. Shot size? Mod or Full

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Postby Ukcatshunter » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:46 am

Looking at getting a kicks high flyer for me beretta a300.

I hunt swamps, timber and some bigger lakes. So i do need something out to 40 or 50.

I shoot Kent Fast Steel 3 inch 2's and 3's.

I may eventually get both the mod or full. But trying to pick one to start out with.
Ukcatshunter
hunter

Re: Kicks High Flyer. Shot size? Mod or Full

Postby clampdaddy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:24 pm

I have a full for my sbe2. It patterns beautifully but its way to much choke for 90% of the shots I take. I have a tough time with shots under 30 yards and I've stone dead dropped some birds further out (45 or so yards) that had more pellet strikes than I like to see in a good eating bird. Next year I'm going to try their modified tube.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby dduckman » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:32 pm

I have the mod. tube for my sbe2, works fantastic out to 40, 3 inch 3 shot for ducks mostly and Win extended range in 2 shot 3.5 inch!
dduckman
hunter

Postby no3topqb » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Ukcat, I'm in the same boat... I've got a sx3 and I was asking the same question... I ended up getting the mod HF. I only got to use it one time though. Remington sportsman 3" number 2 made a real nice even pattern at 35 yards. I also hunt timber with an occasional rice field hunt...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
no3topqb
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Ukcatshunter wrote:Looking at getting a kicks high flyer for me beretta a300.

I hunt swamps, timber and some bigger lakes. So i do need something out to 40 or 50.

I shoot Kent Fast Steel 3 inch 2's and 3's.

I may eventually get both the mod or full. But trying to pick one to start out with.

Full hands down. I run the full in my sbe2 and nova from dove season till late season honkers. Nice dense pattern that isn't clumpy. I also have the mod but it never gets used.

I run kent 3" 1560 #1 and #3s. I can head shoot them at 10-15 yards and cleanly fold them at 50. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight with no vision- Helen Keller
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Ukcatshunter » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 am

Haha! All good post! I'm thinking I need to get them both after reading your responses.

Of course I have the factory chokes too.

Regardless sounds like a good choke! I love their turkey chokes.
Ukcatshunter
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum