Word of the Day, January 30, 2014, Psalms 9:9-10

For discussions about the spiritual things in ones life.

Moderators: gracenjohn, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Word of the Day, January 30, 2014, Psalms 9:9-10

Postby timf » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:13 am

Word of the Day, January 30 , 2014

" Day after day our God is reigning. He's never shaken, my hope is in the Lord. Time after time our God is faithful. Trustworthy Savior, my hope is in the Lord.”

Psalms 9:9-10

9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

If you would have told me that I had to go to prison 3 years ago so that someone might get saved because of meeting me, I am not sure that I would have excepted that duty from God. Guess what, that is what happened in Canaan. God needed me to have a ” time out “ with Him and during that time my faith grew stronger and spent 14 months in His word daily and how to apply that to my life. With some other faithful christians in Canaan with me, I got to be part of planting and watering the seed of salvation and there were 17 men accept Jesus Christ as their personal LORD and Saviour and to see 7 of them publicly profess their faith in Baptism. It was all worth it to be part of that. A true Blessing!

After coming home the Holy Ghost lead me to share my experiences with how God can change a sinner like myself to become a man of God. I started writing the Word of the Day. It started as a text on my Iphone and now goes out to over 2000 people daily. To believers, non believers, prisoners plus Waterfowl Forums, Facebook, Google Plus, Tweeter, Word Press, Linkedin and many people that receive the Word of the Day forward it daily to other people. Lets get something clear, it is not me, but God using me. I give all the glory to Him.

The reason I tell all of you this is because I posted this on Duck Hunting Chat Forum and a young man named Brandon reach out to me and asked me how I read my bible. I emailed him back and we started a relationship via PM’s. He told me many times that the Word of the Day helped him as he went through his trial of cancer. I was sadden when he share his testimony with me yet saw the peace of God in him. Things did not look good after many chemo treatments but he continues to give God all the glory and has peace with his possible outcome of cancer. Here is a PM I received from him yesterday that he gave me permission to share.

Hello Tim,

Just thought I would check in and say hello. I have some good news, we met with the pastor that will be officiating our wedding. During our time meeting with him I discussed how my situation has lead me to become a believer and that I would like to be baptized. Once I am able to go to the church (still on confinement for two more months) I will be getting baptized.

As my relationship grows with Christ I am finding more and more peace with my situation. It's amazing once you become conscious of your sins, you can see how they not only have negative immediate effects but it carries through. As all Christians do I am doing my best to improve and become more like Christ.

It's amazing how good he can make you feel even when the situation seems terrible. I have gained a lot of comfort knowing that even if I don't win this battle that my suffering is only temporary and my eternal home will be amazing. It's hard to describe but while I will do everything I can to win my fight so I can be with my fiancé and family that I'm no longer scared of death. It's really a comforting feeling. He has blessed in more ways than we will ever be able to comprehend. I Hope all is well!

Brandon

Wow! Giving all the glory to our Father God. This makes Canaan all worth while. To be a part of a young man finding Christ and understand His words make it all truly worth it. This is what believing is in the words of the LORD. “ And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee”. Sickness and trial brought this young man of 25 to the Saviour and my trial lead me to do something that they never would have done in the past prior to going to Canaan Federal Prison Camp. Thank you Father of Abraham, Isaac and Israel for changing Brandon and my lives for ever. Two people that shared a passion of waterfowling and now the LORD come together to know that through the gift of Christ’s salvation, we will see each other in heaven.

We always think we have it so bad, but if you are willing to reach out you will find someone always has it worst than you. But with the grace of God, Brandon can share his faith, be excited about his future and if not, knows that his eternal home with be in heaven with our God. Trust in LORD, for the LORD will never forsake thee.

I normally end with a song lyrics, but today I will end with a prayer from my brother. I ask also that you pray for Brandon daily.

Father God, I come you today in prayer and a humble heart and I thank you for knowing our names. I lay my sin at the feet of your son and seek your mercies daily. I ask you again today God, if it is your plan, take the cancer out of my brother Brandon and let him live to enjoy the things of this earth that are of you, to get married, start a family, bring your gifts of children into the world and to have him walk and serve in your names as long as he is on this earth. I ask for strength to his fiancé and family through this time of trial. I ask for Brandon’s word of God in his life to touch everyone that he talks with. Father God, love this young man as only you can. Thank you for the meeting that you arranged between two brothers and how the Holy Ghost works when we are willing to listen and to humble ourselves for the kingdom. It is a blessing to know Brandon and give me the encouraging word today when we speak again. It is in your precious name Christ Jesus that we pray, We love you LORD. Amen!
timf
hunter

Return to Faith-Spirituality