Waterfowl and Turkey Guiding ATTN

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Waterfowl and Turkey Guiding ATTN

Postby dukkhnter » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:28 pm

Waterfowl and turkey hunters we need your help again!

There is now a bill being proposed that would prevent waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho. The bill has been issued a routing slip number of RS22632 and we need your help requesting that it gets printed. The bill will have a print hearing tomorrow in the House Resource and Conservation committee.

This bill will add the following text to the Outfitters and Guides Act:
The board shall not accept, process or approve any applications for outfitted or guided turkey or waterfowl hunting. Unless licensed to do so prior to November 13, 2013, a person may not outfit or guide turkey or waterfowl hunters for compensation. Any rule, order, memorandum, policy, guidance or other document adopted by the board, or portion thereof, which is contrary to this subsection is null and void and shall have no force or effect.

Please send an email to the House members of the Resource and Conservation Committee urging them to print RS22632 and support the subsequent bill.

The process requires a print hearing before we get a full bill number. Your support will help get this print hearing and then move it along. As we get farther in the process we will need all the support you can provide.

Email addresses to send to are:
======================

ldenney@house.idaho.gov; mgibbs@house.idaho.gov; jwood@house.idaho.gov; lbarrett@house.idaho.gov; mmoyle@house.idaho.gov; geskridge@house.idaho.gov; draybould@house.idaho.gov; kandrus@house.idaho.gov; pshepherd@house.idaho.gov; fwood@house.idaho.gov; jvanderwoude@house.idaho.gov; tgestrin@house.idaho.gov; smiller@house.idaho.gov; eanderson@house.idaho.gov; dpence@house.idaho.gov; merpelding@house.idaho.gov; irubel@house.idaho.gov; hres@house.idaho.gov;

Here is what I sent, please feel free to use as a reference or just send them a simple statement like, "I support RS22632. Please help to get this printed and support the subsequent bill. Please do not allow waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho."

PLEASE include your name and address at the top of the email. If you are in the district of one of these house members it will help.

Also please feel free to email your specific legislators with the same information. You can find your legislators here: http://legislature.idaho.gov/who%27smylegislator.htm

Sample letter below:
==========================

Your Name
Address
City, Idaho

Dear House Representatives on the Resource and Conservation Committee:

I am writing to ask that you support RS22632. Please help to get this bill printed and support it. The sportsmen of Idaho have clearly expressed that they do not support outfitting and guiding for waterfowl and turkey. The Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board has ignored the opinion and allowed it in policy. With this move they have cheated both the sportsmen and the legislators in the negotiated rulemaking process.

Thank you for your time and consideration. A concerned sportsman and voter.

dukkhnter
hunter

Re: Waterfowl and Turkey Guiding ATTN

Postby goosepond » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:29 am

Sent, just hope everyone is taking a little time to just forward the format letter to their legislators. I think we can pull it off with everyone behind one common goal. Thanks for your work on this.
goosepond
hunter

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:43 am

Now your talking!!!

Keep up the good fight :thumbsup: :beer: :thumbsup: :beer: :thumbsup: :beer:
Blackfoot Inc
hunter

Postby Brandon_Rad » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:49 pm

Guiding may be my dream job, but idaho is not the place for it. We already have enough people pressuring the birds. We don't need any more attention to waterfowl in idaho. I support this 100%
Brandon_Rad
hunter

Postby goosepond » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 am

We have a bill - http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legisl ... /H0469.htm Its been printed and read once, so nows not the time to let up, keep encouraging our legislators to passs the bill as written and keep waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding out of Idaho forever. By passing this bill we will show the Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board that we as sportsmen and women can come together and get through what we have been trying to get the OGLB to understand for years but they have ignored us and we wont put up with their attitudes about ignoring Idaho's sportsmen and women on issues such as this.

My hats off to those who have worked endlessly getting this to this point and those of you who have taken a few minutes to encourage your legislators to support and support passage of the bill. Thanks to everyone now lets get it passed :)
goosepond
hunter

Postby dukkhnter » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:35 pm

UPDATE and Action needed! Hearing on HB468 tomorrow!

Attention Waterfowl and Turkey Hunters!

Right now there are two bills in the Idaho Legislature House Resources and Conservation Committee that will affect waterfowl and turkey guiding and outfitting in Idaho.... among other things.

A background for each bill is provided at the bottom, but contact information with a sample letter is provided at the top.

======================
ldenney@house.idaho.gov; mgibbs@house.idaho.gov; jawood@house.idaho.gov; lbarrett@house.idaho.gov; mmoyle@house.idaho.gov; geskridge@house.idaho.gov; draybould@house.idaho.gov; kandrus@house.idaho.gov; pshepherd@house.idaho.gov; fwood@house.idaho.gov; jvanderwoude@house.idaho.gov; tgestrin@house.idaho.gov; smiller@house.idaho.gov; eanderson@house.idaho.gov; dpence@house.idaho.gov; merpelding@house.idaho.gov; irubel@house.idaho.gov; hres@house.idaho.gov;

PLEASE include your name and address at the top of the email. If you are in the district of one of these house members it will help.
Also please feel free to email your specific legislators with the same information. You can use this PDF to find your district: http://legislature.idaho.gov/about/idmap2.pdf Then can use this PDF to find your legislators email, address or phone based on your district number: http://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninf ... ectory.pdf. Every district should have 1 senator and 2 representatives.

Sample letter below:
Your Name
Address
City, Idaho

Dear House Representatives on the Resource and Conservation Committee:
I oppose HB468 and support HB469. Please continue regulation of outfitted and guided activities on all lands and waters. Please do not allow any expansion on waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Background of both bills:

1. HB468 (Private land outfitting bill)
http://legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2014/H0468.htm
- Background:
This bill is being brought forward by the Farm Bureau and is intended to remove all authority for the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board on private land. The result of this bill would be to exempt private landowners and their employees who provide guiding and outfitting services on their private land from, among other things, all licensing, bonding, insurance, operations, and performance requirements. This means private land would become a "free for all". All forms of outfitting and guiding could exist with no regulation. This does not apply to just waterfowl and turkey! I support private land rights, but commercialized hunting of the public’s game should have regulation, even if it occurs on private land. I also believe that outfitters and guides regulation provides a form of safety for the public. Would we not require daycare centers to have licenses just because they are on private land?? Private landowners are free to charge trespass fees for any activity today. No new regulation is needed to support that.
- Action:
Bill is currently in House Resources and Conservation Committee. A bill hearing is scheduled on Tuesday February 25th at 1:30pm in room EW40 of the Capitol Building. Please email/call/fax the committee members and urge them to not support this bill. You can also attend the meeting and testify if desired.

2. HB469 (Waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding bill)
- Background:
This bill is to prevent the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board from issuing any more licenses for waterfowl or turkey outfitting.

http://legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2014/H0469.htm
- Action:
Bill is currently in the House Resources and Conservation Committee. No hearing is scheduled at this time. I urge you to contact the committee and ask them to have a hearing and support this bill. Waterfowl and turkey guiding and outfitting in Idaho is not needed. We have limited access for the non-outfitted sportsman and this will just make it worse.
dukkhnter
hunter

Postby goosepond » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:30 am

Done :clapping: :clapping:

And here is what I sent on H0468 expansion of outfitting and guiding on waterfowl and turkey:

I know I have written to several of you on this bill already, but, I am concerned that this bill may be being held by Chairman Denny and that he may not allow this bill to come to a vote or to be heard by the full committee. I have expressed my frustration before on how one person can hold a bill sponsored by and supported by so many sportsmen and other people of the Idaho Public. I don't understand how a bill such as this can be withheld from being discussed and voted on. I strongly encourage you as representatives of the people of Idaho to bring this bill forward and support the actions and approval of it.

I know this type of action is done at the Federal Level all the time as demonstrated in the United States Senate. But, I thought our Idaho representatives were above this kind of partisan actions. Please be above the similar actions of the Federal Legislators and allow this bill to go forward.
goosepond
hunter

Postby dukkhnter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Waterfowl and turkey hunters! We need your help on HB469. This is the bill to prevent waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho.

The committee hearing for Thursday was cancelled and they are currently holding the bill. I'm told this opposition comes from Representative Fred Wood and the committee Chairmen, Representative Lawerence Denney.

Please help to email and call them urging a hearing and support on HB469. If you call please leave them a message telling them you support HB469 and would like a hearing. If you live in either of their districts it is even more important that you contact them. You can/should contact your personal representatives also. I have also included the email addresses of the entire committee at the bottom of the email if you would like to urge all the members.

Representative Fred Wood is for all of Minidoka and Cassia counties.

Representative Lawerence Denney is for all of Washington, Adams and Payette counties. Also a small northwest portion of Canyon County.

Representative Fred Wood (R)
Email: fwood@house.idaho.gov
District 27, Burley
House Seat B
P.O. Box 1207, Burley, 83318-0828
Home (208) 312-1056
FAX (208) 677-3136

Representative Lawerence Denney (R)
Email: ldenney@house.idaho.gov
District 9, Midvale
House Seat A
P.O. Box 114, Midvale, 83645
Home (208) 355-2374
FAX (208) 334-2491

All members of the House Resources and Conservation Committee:
ldenney@house.idaho.gov; mgibbs@house.idaho.gov; jawood@house.idaho.gov; lbarrett@house.idaho.gov; mmoyle@house.idaho.gov; geskridge@house.idaho.gov; draybould@house.idaho.gov; kandrus@house.idaho.gov; pshepherd@house.idaho.gov; fwood@house.idaho.gov; jvanderwoude@house.idaho.gov; tgestrin@house.idaho.gov; smiller@house.idaho.gov; eanderson@house.idaho.gov; dpence@house.idaho.gov; merpelding@house.idaho.gov; irubel@house.idaho.gov; hres@house.idaho.gov;

Bill info is here: http://legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2014/H0469.htm
dukkhnter
hunter

Postby dukkhnter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:45 pm

Attention Waterfowl and Turkey Hunters! We need your emails and calls to the Senate Resource and Environment committee before 1:30PM Friday!

House Bill 468 that had passed in the house committee was amended and given a new bill number of HB597. This bill was fast-tracked through the Ways and Means committee and House floor with no hearing. The bill now resides in the Senate Resources and Environment Committee with a hearing that will conclude Friday at 1:30pm.

This bill will affect waterfowl and turkey guiding and outfitting in Idaho.... but also all outfitted activities on private land. It essentially allows any landowner or their employee to be an outfitter or guide on their own property without any licensing. The bill also allows any person to lease land and as long as the landowner is ok with no outfitters or guides license then they could outfit or guide on the property with no license. Essentially leaving the choice for licensure up to the landowner.

This bill is being brought forward by the Farm Bureau and is intended to remove all authority for the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board on private land. This means private land would become a "free for all". All forms of outfitting and guiding could exist with no regulation. This does not apply to just waterfowl and turkey! I support private land rights, but commercialized hunting of the public’s game should have regulation, even if it occurs on private land. I also believe that outfitters and guides regulation provides a form of safety for the public. Would we not require daycare centers to have licenses just because they are on private land?? Private landowners are free to charge trespass fees for any activity today. No new regulation is needed to support that.

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/leg...2014/H0597.htm

======================
mpearce@senate.idaho.gov; sbair@senate.idaho.gov; dcameron@senate.idaho.gov; jsiddoway@senate.idaho.gov; bbrackett@senate.idaho.gov; lheider@senate.idaho.gov; jtippets@senate.idaho.gov; mstennett@senate.idaho.gov; rlacey@senate.idaho.gov; sres@senate.idaho.gov

PLEASE include your name and address at the top of the email. If you are in the district of one of these senate members it will help.
Also please feel free to email your specific legislators with the same information. You can use this PDF to find your district: http://legislature.idaho.gov/about/idmap2.pdf Then can use this PDF to find your legislators email, address or phone based on your district number: http://legislature.idaho.gov/session..._Directory.pdf. Every district should have 1 senator and 2 representatives.

Sample letter below:
Your Name
Address
City, Idaho

Dear Senators on the Resource and Environment Committee:
I oppose HB597. Please continue regulation of outfitted and guided activities on all lands and waters.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
dukkhnter
hunter

Postby goosepond » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:34 pm

HB597 has now passed in the Senate. The only chance left to stop this is a Governor's Veto. Please use the webform or CALL the Governor's office and urge him to VETO HB597 ASAP. http://gov.idaho.gov/ourgov/contact.html

Also you can call and give your vote against the bill at: (208) 334-2100. In fact do both and keep it going. We have numbers lets stop the insanity.

Here is how your senators voted. Feel free to contact the AYES and tell them you are disappointed and contact the NAYS to thank them for their vote supporting Idaho sportsmen.
AYES -- Bair, Bayer, Brackett, Davis, Fulcher, Goedde, Guthrie, Tucker(Hagedorn), Heider, Hill, Johnson, Keough, Lakey, Lodge, Martin, McKenzie, Mortimer, Nonini, Nuxoll, Patrick, Pearce, Rice, Schmidt, Siddoway, Thayn, Tippets, Vick, Winder
NAYS -- Bock, Buckner-Webb, Cameron, Lacey, Stennett, Ward-Engelking, Wer
goosepond
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting