A state with an abundant amount of waterfowl. Share with others your New Jersey duck hunting experiences.
Don't overlook eating Brant. You can't distinguish from divers if prepared the tried and true method.
1. breast them out.
2. soak over night in buttermilk
3. fillet each breast in length wise into halfs or thirds
4. pound till the fillets are very thin
5. cut each fillet into 3" strips
6. place each strip on slice of thick bacon
7. put a tablespoon of Philadelphia cream cheese on center of fillet
8. then put a 1/4 slice of jalapeno pepper on top ofcream cheese
9 roll it up and secure with toothpicks
10. place in roasting pan and bake for 40mins at 325
11. turn over and bake for another 10 mins
12 place on wildrice the bacon should be crisp with cream cheese oozing out the sides of the duck rollatini
13. when done lick your chops
You won't believe your eating brant.
CAUTION DO TRY THIS WITH BUFFLEHEADS OR RISK PUKING YOUR BRAINS OUT. DO NOT GIVE BUFFLEHEAD TO DOGS AS THEY WILL HATE YOU.
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:38 am
the black and white is a nice touch...but where's the sepia bro?! pile pictures double in size when switched to sepia...trust me I shot 3 ducks this year with 75 shots, switched my pictures to sepia now I have 6 ducks!
- Posts: 744
- Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:15 pm
- Location: psu & southjersey
What's wrong with doing that with bufflehead? I use that same recipe for buffie meat all the time with no problems
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:10 pm
- Posts: 683
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:33 am
- Location: Barnegat Bay, NJ
Return to New Jersey Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests