Wish I'd found this earlier

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

Wish I'd found this earlier

Postby AZDraht » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 pm

I'm new to the website, though I have lived in and hunted (or, tried hunting) AZ for waterfowl for about 4 years. My sum total of ducks is a single drake shoveller. Not for lack of trying, but I always seem to find a great pond, tank, or marsh, and then arrive to find it frozen. Or too deep to retrieve any shot birds without a dog. Or so mucky I sink to me knees with every step (that ruined an otherwise potentially awesome trip to a nice lake on the Res; I saw more ducks in more flights that day than I ever have here in AZ).

This year should be better as I have finally joined the family of The Bird Dog. I have a 9 month old Drahthaar, and can't wait to get her exposed to both waterfowling and upland hunting this season. I also can't wait to take advantage of my hours of prep time pouring over maps and planning trips. I'm so excited, I'm already twitching!

AZDraht
AZDraht
Newb

Postby AZDH13POPS » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:34 am

:welcome: to the site duck hunting in az. can be very exciting keep looking and im sure your hard work will pay off if you have any farm fields near where your marsh area is do some scouting there ducks and geese will hang in alfalfa fields this will give your pup some exp. also when hunting over water be ready to go for a swim if she doesnt come back right away :biggrin: im not real familiar with the surprise area but make sure you get permission from the farmer b4 shooting in the fields most of them will let you if you make sure to leave it better than you found it :thumbsup: also go to the honey hole and read some of the posts there or ask any ?,s there is a plethora of info. on this site and alot of these guys really know what they are talking about ive gotten alot of helpful advice and info. here :welcome: and good luck
"I think yer barrels bent dad" my boy
AZDH13POPS
hunter

Postby arizonaduckhunter13 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:43 pm

:welcome: pops says it all :thumbsup:
I'll call you my hunting partner when you jump into freezing water to get my ducks
arizonaduckhunter13
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting