Whats your longest retreive?

A place to learn from others, share information and gain knowledge on duck hunting in Maryland, of the fabled Chesapeake bay.

Moderators: Mikeguard01, Cupped-n-Committed

Whats your longest retreive?

Postby Skeet123 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Thought we could share some quick stories as the season comes to the end. I had a fairly long retrieve this past Saturday at just over a half a mile. The bird was belly up by the time we got to it.
Skeet123
hunter

Re: Whats your longest retreive?

Postby Marshmallow » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:22 pm

Closing weekend I had a goose that just wouldn't die and I I didn't have my dog that day. Paddled the boat down creek about a mile chasing him. Had a hole in his head too. When I'm alone I have a point that I won't go past. I got to that spot, covered in sweat. Turned around and fought the current to head back to the blind. Unfortunately I never got
Him. Sad to say.
Marshmallow
hunter

Postby Skeet123 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:04 pm

I have been there. It makes me sick thinking about it.
The bird that I am thinking was a 11 pound bird. It was hit pretty hard in the back third and sailed 200 yards and dropped on the other side of a river. We dropped everything and paddled.
Skeet123
hunter

Postby Gandergetter » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Had one recoverd over a mile. Shot the goose and watched it fly then sail all the way to the other end of the farm. Farm is 1.6 miles long. On the way out we saw it laying by the road , stopped and picked it up. :)
Gandergetter
hunter

Postby BassProJD » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:30 am

All my ducks land in the decoys after I shoot em... maybe I'm just a bad A.. ha I'm jokin! I went through a whole box of shells one hunt and finally got a ringer... that suck fell deader than hell... walked over to it and that sucker started playin peekaboo with me until he finally dove down and never came up... bastard!

JD
BassProJD
hunter

Return to Maryland Duck Hunting