Alot of new people...Tell us about yourself

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: NickCies80, Pete-pec

Postby DU4LIFE25 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:15 am

Howdy everyone,

My name is Chris and I'm from Sheboygan. I've been on the site a few weeks now. I'm 29, been hunting since I was 12. I've been married a year and a half. I've also got two daughters, Jordyn, 2½ and Peyton, 2 months old who I can't wait to take out hunting. I also have a 3 yr old yellow lab horse at home named Nala. I hunt pretty much whatever I can, whenever I can, except for tukey and bear.

Hey Brett, did you graduate from Grafton? If so, you probably know my in-laws.
DU4LIFE25
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:27 am

Welcome to all the new visitors. Now I want to see these new people stick around even through the off season. I see things tend to pick up during the season, but simply fade as the season closes. So visit often, and chat about things that may have nothing to do with ducks. Like Appleton, what's up with that City? A lot of people on here are from Appleton. Is this the new Milwaukee? Seems to be turning into a real metropolis!

Happy hunting,

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby outdoor ran » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:47 am

Hello everyone, my name is Randy and I'am a waterfowl addict.
This is my first post, I've been lurking for a little while now.

Little about myself. I'm 35 years old and live in the northern part of Wi. I've been waterfowl hunting since I was 12. I also do alot of fishing and other hunting but waterfowl hunting is my favorite by far. I work for a business in Mn making fish replicas. Pretty much make my own work hours but still have to hunt and fish around 3 small kids and the wife.

I spend about 4-5 mornings a week in the duck blind so maybe my reports will get you boys down in the southern part of the state a heads up. Has for the name, people call me Ran and I love the outdoors. I'm looking forward to being part of this cool site. Thanks for having me. :smile:
outdoor ran
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:05 am

Welcome Ran, What taxidermy company do you make the blanks for? How's the Musky bite coming? I know it's been dry up there, but with the cool weather coming, I thought maybe the fish would be turning on soon. I was planning on taking a week off (at the end of the month) and heading for the cottage up there in Winter. Still looking for the fifty incher that need a nice replica mount yet! :thumbsup:

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby outdoor ran » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Pete, I work for Artistic Anglers. We make the blanks, assemble and paint the mounts right there. I've been working there for ten years.

It sure has been dry this spring and summer but we have been just pounded with rain the last month. Its been good for the duck hunting but bad for the bowhunting.

I didn't get out after muskys at all this year. I got the big water trolling bug a few years back and I can't stop. I have some buddies that are musky guys. I'll see how they have been doing lately.
outdoor ran
hunter

Postby marshgun » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:01 pm

yeah Chris i did graduate from grafton in '04. I know a lot of people from around here so I might know them.

Have you hunted the Sheboygan marsh much? I'd like to know of some better spots to go in there, if you have and wouldn't mind sharing.
Thanks, Brett
marshgun
Newb

Postby CMAN » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:08 pm

Glad to see a bunch of CHEESEHEADS around! My name is Chad and I am from Cadott, I now live and go to school in Eau Claire. I was a Mod. on the WI forum before but I was without the net for about a year.

Most of my hunting consist of field goose hunting but Im dipping my wings into hunting a few lakes this year. I hunt around Eau Claire some but most of the time you can find me around Cadott.

I hope everyone is having a good year so far
Chad
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby DU4LIFE25 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:33 am

Hey Brett,

I haven't hunted the marsh in probably 10 years so I guess i can't help you much there.

If you graduated in 04 than you probably know the Parchims eh?
DU4LIFE25
hunter

Postby NickCies80 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:39 pm

My name is Nick and I am from the Green Bay area. I have been a state Mod for awhile now. I used to be alot more active on the site but I have a choc. lab pup "Max" who occupies most of my free time now. I hunt less than before but I spend the majority of my time chasing honkers.

Nick
NEED SLEEP!
NickCies80
State Moderator

Intro

Postby Bishop » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Hey guys. I haven't been on this forum for couple of years. Lots of changes.

Anyway, I'm Bishop from Oshkosh. I'm 38 and have been duck hunting for 15 years now. I mostly have been hunting on Rush Lake but also spend time in the Shiocton marsh and been on Bago once. They've rebuilt the dam on Rush Lake and there's water in it now. The increase in vegetation is incredible. It's just so disappointing seeing all the go-devils tear up the new vegetation.

Good luck folks.
Bish
Bishop
hunter

Postby wilksey88 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:15 pm

Hi all,
My names Alex and I started growing up in Wisconsin Rapids and hope to never fully grow up (I'm 22 years old). I avidly hunt whenever I can get away from school. Pheasants, chukar, sharptail, ducks, geese, grouse, squirrel, deer with the bow a lot, rifle deer, turkey- bow and gun, occasionally coyotes, basically whatever is in season and either a dog or two or a buddy or two are willing to do. My family has three labs, a yellow, chocolate, and black (Kota, Sage, and Echo). All are amazing hunters and love doing it.
I'm currently a senior at Marquette University in Milwaukee and would love to get out and do a little duck hunting in the southeast part of the state yet this year. I've only been able to spend 3 days on the marsh in central Wisconsin. I shot my first pintail this last Saturday, along with a couple woodies, green-winged teal, and mallards.

If anyone is has room for a hunting enthusiast I'd love to join you. I can hunt most weekends and most Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am very willing to drive a distance to hunt- up to around an hour.
wilksey88
Newb

Postby steven » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:51 am

Hi all,

My name is Steve, from Kenosha, 42 and have been hunting ducks since a teenager. I have a small piece of property on Lake Koshkongong that I hunt regularly. I used to hunt on Lake Sinnisippi years ago and have hunted the Delta Marsh in Manatobia about 6 times (gotta love canvasbacks!). I mostly like diver duck hunting... I work in Sales for a circuit board company. Does anyone know a good place to shoot Pintails in this state? I have never shot one myself.

Thanks!
steven
hunter

Postby wilksey88 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:23 am

Hey Steve,
There's a very high number of pintails traveling through Wisconsin this year, or so I've heard from a number of people. I've seen them on occasion in corn fields north of Horicon Marsh, but the ones I've heard of being shot are typically from the other side of the state, near the Mississippi. Otherwise, I've heard of about ten or so being shot in the waters around the Mead Wildlife Refuge near Marshfield in central Wisconsin. Unfotunately my knowledge comes from friends and not personal experience. I too wish I could put a drake pintail with full plummage on the wall.
wilksey88
Newb

Postby steven » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:49 pm

Thanks for the information, I hope I see some pintails this year! We have a bet going on the first one in our group to get one. the bet hasn't been paid out for years!!!
steven
hunter

Postby slimm21 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:52 am

Otherwise, I've heard of about ten or so being shot in the waters around the Mead Wildlife Refuge near Marshfield in central Wisconsin

Interesting. I know both Mead and Mcmillan hold some Pintails from time to time. I would say over the last 15 years my hunting party has shot 3 or 4 in the area; all hens though.

I'm headed to ND tomorrow; hopefully I can find a nice bull pintail.
slimm21
hunter

Postby sportsman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:41 pm

Hi Everyone
My name is wyatt and im from Beloit Wi, I love to hunt. Almost anything, deer, turkeys, geese and I especially ducks!! Im 15 years old and i go to Parkview High school in Orfordville. I also like to play football and run and lift weights. My Aim is sirkermit109@aol.com so if your bored and want to talk to someone just message me ill be happy to talk to you.
sportsman
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:09 pm

Wyatt,

Is your dad a Dentist?
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby sportsman » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:23 pm

:lol: Yes he is! Dds: Steven Hough. Im his son. You must know him then
sportsman
hunter

Postby Hiterhard » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Hello all,

Name is Jason and I live in Lake Geneva. I am 22 years old and working on my last year of school in Janesville. I started out bowhunting when I was 12 and doing the turkey thing in spring. Got introduced to duck hunting through the youth hunt and although I didn't shoot any ducks, it is what got me hooked. Didn't really have anyone to mentor me, so I learned the duck trade through some mistakes, reading, and lots of observation. Actually got a few of my friends into duck hunting and take great pride in being able to help them learn and enjoy the sport. I also enjoy fishing, watching football, and spending time with friends and family.Been having a really good year so far and hope the rest of you are also.
Hiterhard
hunter

Postby DuckSlyer16 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:56 pm

Hey guys my name would be scott, kinda young, 15.
Live in Onalaska wisconsin, near lacrosse. I have been hunting with my dad from age 7 or 8? He taught me all the tricks to the trade. My neighbor takes me out as well and teaches me. I shot a lot of ducks and geese over on the mississippi. Got two banded honkers from the river, the only jewlery i have got so far. I hunt mostly waterfowl, although i got my fist deer with a bow this year, and hoping to get another one.

school sucks, need to hunt more...

anyone around onalaska? or anywhere around here
DuckSlyer16
hunter

Postby luv2hunt73 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi my name is Nate. I am 33 years old I have a son that is 16 and a 2 year old daughter. I have been hunting and fishing as much as I possibly can since I was 8. I have been hooked on duck hunting since i was just a little kid, however I still do a lot of bow hunting, grouse hunting, walleye fishing, and I LOVE TO ICE FISH!!! My son and I have shot 67 ducks this year mostly teal a few mallards a couple shovelers a couple widgeon and 2 pintails (both hens). I just found this site a couple of days ago and love it!! I'm a DU advocate and try to go to all the meetings and open forums I can. I hope that everyone here is honest about what they are seeing as well as what they are bagging. It really helps to see what is hapening throughout the state. Please take your kids hunting so we can all continue to chase ducks in the future.
luv2hunt73
hunter

Postby floorco » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Hey what' s up guys, my name is Mathew and I live in Rochester, MN. 31 years old, married and father of twin 2 year olds; boy and girl. My parents have a river home in Pool 7 just south of Lock and Damn number 6. I have been hunting that pool for the past 20 years with my father and have noticed a lot of changes during that time. Still love to get out but unfortunately I can not make it out as much as I would like. Typically run the river on the weekends and chase the geese around home during the week.

Just found the site and look forward to chatting with everyone.

Currently running in a 12' flat with a 20 hp go-devil. My faithful partner is always along for the adventure, 7 year old black lab.
TAKE - EM
floorco
hunter

Postby duck stalker » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:10 pm

Hello all I'm Matt AKA "duck stalker"

I live in Oshkosh Wisconsin and this is my second year of Duck hunting and am completly addicted!! I used to fly fish However now i'm going to spend the off season training my new Yellow lab whose name is Miller, Getting my next hunting rig set up, and going to the gun club to shoot some trap and skeet. :skeet: It's amazing how addictive this sport is! I tell anyone that askes about it: "If you go just once and get just a little action, HOOK LINE AND SINKER!" My biggest challenge is finding places to hunt. I know it sounds silly but it's the truth! With gas being as expensive as it is you can't just go out and joy ride around looking for spots. I have to map it out first and hope it works out!

My biggest pet peive out there is discourtius hunters. :mad: I set up 45minutes before shooting time, got my blind all situated and these numb skull idiots had to come and set up right accross from me witch was only 80 to 90 yards away a half hour after shooting time! We all have the right to be there I understand that! I even offered to have them hunt out of my blind and share a decoy spread.

Well THEY then clamed that that was thier land they were on and said if I didn't like it I should move. :moon: After they said a few explitive to me! Going against my better judgement I stayed there and told them I BETTER NOT GET F^%$*!$ SHOT! :mad:(I had 85 blocks out there to pick up.) little did they know that they actually hurt the hunting that day. Because by the time they got done playing around it was 9:30 in the morning and things were slowing down!

We are all out there for one reason DUCK HUNTING! There is plenty of water out there for all of us. Not to mention if all of us duck hunters stick together we can preserve this sport for gererations to come! Respect is the key word here!! I look forward to many more posts on this site and think this is AWESOME! :bow: Hell maybe we can hunt together someday!

later,

duck stalker
"If you lead them, they will fall"

"Know one knows true companionship until they have owned a Lab"
duck stalker
hunter

Postby WI_marsh » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:54 am

Greeting,

Jason here,31, I live the Milwaukee area (Brown Deer). Its very late in the season to start posting and joining, but better late than never. I just moved the this area from LaCrosse so I dont know it real well. Ive been ducking for about 7 years now and absolutely love it. Duck hunting and bowhunting are by far my favorite. I have only got out twice this year due to time committments elsewhere (mainly building a duck boat) but that will change next year. I mainly hunt smaller marshes and rivers. Loved duckin on the Miss and hopefully ill be back there sometime soon.

Anywhoo just thought Idgive a holler out to all you duck hunting fools like me!!! :thumbsup:
WI_marsh
hunter

Postby outdoorzman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:51 pm

hey all,

Im new to the site. my name is michael. im from the green bay area. i love duck hunting and hunting in particular, fishing. i started duck hunting about 3 years ago and still learning.i hunt mostly the bay of green bay and trying to get into lake michigan hunting. it looks like this site will be helpful.
wisfish.com check it out today.
outdoorzman
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting