Alot of new people...Tell us about yourself

This Midwestern state holds many waterfowl species. Post here and read others views on Wisconsin duck hunting. From the mighty Mississippi river to the west to the great lake of Michigan on the east, WI has many different types of hunting available to hunters.

Moderators: Pete-pec, NickCies80

Postby wackem' n stackem' » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kurt Johnson, Im from Two Rivers "the little knob that sticks out into lake michigan". 22 yrs old. I am currently sigle but getting married on april 26th of this year. I dont not have any kids yet, just my 4 yr old black lab named riley. I am a heating and air conditioning technician. I love being in the outdoors, the summers have me busy running charter fishing trips onto lake michigan, and then once augest comes the rods go away and the decoys come out. Some say its a passion but im pretty sure its an obsession with waterfowl hunting i just cant get enough of it. I joined duck hunting chat just a couple months ago, and i look forward to hearing other peoples stories, tips and whatever else guys decide to talk about.
wackem' n stackem'
hunter

Hi

Postby RNT man » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:43 pm

My name is Aaron Gauthier. Iam 23 years old and also live on the little bump in Wisconsin known as two rivers. I have been involved in the sport of duck hunitng for almost my whole life. I am very fortunate to have friends that are just as hardcore about waterfowling as I am. I do enjoy to shoot geese, but my true love is shooting ducks over the water. I have 2 labradors: Abbey is a yellow lab and is 7 years old. Chopper is 2 years old and will experience her first full season this year. I am eager to talk to some new people and can't wait for the season to come back around.
RNT man
hunter

Postby Scully » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:31 am

I am also from Two Rivers and hunt with Aaron and Kurt. I have a three year old BLM that I run hunt tests with and hunt. My wife says I am obsessed with waterfowl hunting :mad: . Well I guess that is true :yes: . I am lucky enough to work second shift so that I can hunt or fish every morning of the week.
Scully
hunter

Postby pieps57 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:15 am

Hello felow hunters!!! My name is Matt, i am 26 from Hustisford WI. And since no one has ever heard of that!! Its about 15 minutes north of watertown.

The past few years i have become ADDICTED to waterfowl hunting!! It started out just standing in the cattails hunting some little ponds and the river on our land. I got some good friends involved and then it turned into building blinds and hunting in comfort and having a great time. This year we are building a boat to "broaden our horizons" so to speak. I look forward to sharing our wild and crazy experiences on here and probably lots of pictures!
pieps57
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:31 am

Welcome to all the new surfers. It's the season for people to become interested again! It sure is dead around here after the season ends, but sure enough, more and more people come to visit. Keep in touch!

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ohio duck hunter » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:30 am

hi everyone i'm robert, i am 23 i am living in sheboygan, i have been hunting for ten years. i love going back home to ohio every winter and laying the smack down on the geese. i hunted last season and was able to find a couple good spot and cant wait for this season. i have a new gun and my dogs ready to go.

if it flys it dies
ohio duck hunter
hunter

HUnting

Postby recker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi I am Steve and I live in St. Paul. I spent alot of time hunting the river near Buffalo City in November last year. I will be concentration on that area and my Dakota trips this year. My days of hunting Minnesota are over.
recker
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:09 am

My name is Brian...and this is my first post on here! I am 24 and a student in stevens point, wisconsin. Oh yeah...I am the first person in my family to hunt ever and have only been doing it for a couple years. Waterfowl hunting, deer hunting, and turkey hunting are three of the best things I've ever done.
ctbduck
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:28 am

ctbduck wrote: Waterfowl hunting, deer hunting, and turkey hunting are three of the best things I've ever done.

LOL! C'mon, you're 24, there has to be something better than hunting! :huh:

I like hunting too, but I've been married 16 years! :rofl:

Welcome everyone!

Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Natimage » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:54 am

I'm Jeff...originally from Oconomowoc (it's exactly half way between Milwaukee and Madison right off of I-94) Now I go to school at UW-Milwaukee. I'm 20 and have been duck hunting for about 4 years now. Last year I took my girlfriend out and got her hooked so we got her through hunters safety over the summer, bought her a shotgun for her high school graduation present (sounds really redneck, and it kinda is, but I've already done the whole jewelry thing so i figured why not give her a practical present) but anways...bought a canoe a few weeks ago so we painted that up and are psyched for season. I'm actually getting ready to go early season goose as I type. If anyone is in southeastern wisconsin and looking to add a person or two to their hunting party let me know!
Natimage
hunter

Postby indy28 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:00 am

Howdy! Shawn from Harshaw here. Just west of Rhinelander. Been hunting for quite a few years, new to the forum and learning alot already. Good luck to all this season, had frost on the windshield this morning, gotta get the ducks and geese moving!!
indy28
hunter

new dude

Postby tjw » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Hello, my name is TJ, 24, married, two little boys, 2 & 5. I'm in the US Coast Guard stationed here in milwaukee for a few years know... Got turned on to duck hunting a few years ago and it stuck. This year i've invested alot, my hunting buddy was getting sent elsewhere so i purchased my own blind for the boat, dekes, the works... I from iowa so not far from home. I've pretty much only hunted Big Muskego but i'm interested in other places...

TJ
tjw
Newb

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:57 am

Welcome everyone! Now all the "Hunters" come out of the woodwork? Where are all the duck dudes when the season is closed? Stick around and stay a while!

Happy hunting,

-Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SuzyShooter » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi, I'm Dale from Superior (anyone else up there?), 25, not married yet, but do have my awesome future duck slayer of a son, and I live about twenty minutes from my parents who have a 3 yr old yellow lab, Jake, that I keep well exercised. I work at a boat dealership in Superior, but I still find time to hit the marsh.

I've hunted since I was about 10, and held a gun at twelve, and been psycho for ducks since. I think I've converted about every one of my old high school buddies into amateur duckmen, and it's been pretty cool to see them even more excited at times than me when they see a folding bird! This year, however, I am excited to finally get out of my old hand-me-down beat up deeks and equipment and start using all the stuff I bought the last year!

I stumbled across this forum just today and it looks like a sweet deal, shoot straight and cut em down!
I Have No Pride, If It Flies, It Dies!
SuzyShooter
Newb

Postby LittleOtter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Hey all. My name is Daniel, I'm 23, and I live on Brice Prairie near La Crosse WI. Just joined the chat tonight. I grew up out here on the river, then moved into the "big city" for school and such. After 4 years I have found myself drawn back closer to the water.

TWO DAYS AND A WAKE UP!
LittleOtter
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:56 am

Welcome boys!
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Outstanding Website.

Postby Bludo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Thank you for the privilege to join your forum. My name is Nick Hough and I have been an advid waterfowler since a youg lad. My son and daughters are following in my footsteps as well.

I am a US Marine and I am nearing the end of 20 years of service. The little time I have had to hunt ducks and geese has been in North Carolina..... Good hunting, but it's not like home. Looking forward to retirement and hunting in Southern Wisconsin.

Again thanks.

Semper Fidelis Bludo
Dogs & Decoys for all my friends.
Bludo
Newb

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Welcome!

Look me up when you get here. I'm only 20 minutes from where you'll be retiring to. I read your post about the invitation to hunt with your fellow Marines, but I'm not so prejudice......Come along for a hunt. I get to carry guns because you boys let me keep that right. For that, you get one free hunt. If you're cool, we'll talk about a second! :huh: :rofl: :lol:

Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mikeller3 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:28 am

My name is Mike,

I grew up in Edgerton WI! I currently live in Richfield WI, just a short walk from Cabela's. I live there with my wife, 2 sons, and Black lab.

I have been hunting Ducks since I was 12. I learned to hunt in the great Canadian Delta marshes on the southern tip of lake Winnepeg. Our annual pilgramage easily holds my fondest memories of hunting ducks. I am now 32 and with the young family and recient promotion to General Sales Manager at Action Powersports in Waukesha just don't have the time or money to go to Canada at this time. (not to mention the stuff you hav to go thru at the border to get in and out!)

I have been hunting on Lake Koshkonong untill this year. I have been hunting the Greater Washington County area. Mostly the Milwaukee River for ducks and some of the fields around my house for geese.

I do not hunt deer and with my time streatched short I haven't gotten a chance to hunt upland much in the last year either.

Nothing for me is like ducks though, the way they come in and lock up... it is like a dream come true everytime I see it. I like to wait untill late in the season when the big ducks and flat heads (Mallards with heads so big they have a flat spot on the top of them) come down and hunt small open water pockets ad rivers. Skyblasting is not my thing, if I can see there eyes (and Bands) before they land they are close enough.

I will do my best to keep everyone posted as to what I have seen out in the wild, I have the distinct pleasure of driving a lot, I have a daughter that lives in LaValle and I have to pick her up 1 a month, so I get to see alot of the countryside.

Good luck for the rest of the year and may the lord see fit to let the birds rest down here for a cupple of weeks before the season ends or all the water gets hard.
mikeller3
hunter

Postby mikeller3 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:29 am

P.S. I am also a former Marine!
mikeller3
hunter

New and excited to be a DHC member

Postby DeathDlr7VI » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:26 am

My name is Beau. I'm 33, happily married and a proud father of 3 future waterfowlers. Can't wait to turn them onto this wonderful sport and the outdoors. ABSOLUTLEY LOVE HUNTING WATERFOWL!!!! My cuz turned me on to the drug in 2005. Been on the stuff ever since. I love everything about it; the trickery, the gun, birds, decoys, bands, blinds, shooting, hunting buddies, spreads, calls, calling, dvd's, etc.....and in no particular order. No dog or boat yet; but will come soon.....but thats alright because the excercise is nice. Just wanted to say hello and wish all a safe rest of the season!
DeathDlr7VI
hunter

Postby bluelund79 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:14 pm

My name is Eric. I am originally from Milwaukee, but the Army has had me all over for the past 10 years. Married with (1) 4 yr old son and 1 baby on the way. Grew up hunting and fishing all over the state. Picked waterfowl hunting last year, and it has grown into an addiction-so much I painted my boat camo to get into some new spots. Absolutely a great sport, and the birds are extremely tasty. Living in Janesville, WI for the time being until it is time to move again.
bluelund79
hunter

Re: Alot of new people...Tell us about yourself

Postby schobsUWSP » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:38 am

My name is Mike, as you can see from the handle I'm a Junior at UWSP, English major with intent to teach high school. I grew up in Green Bay, lived close enough to Lambeau for a few years that you could hear the roar if the Packers scored. I got into duck hunting 2 years ago, so this will be my 3rd season. I have been hunting ever since I was a little kid, and enjoy not only waterfowl but deer, turkey, and grouse as well. This forum is great, found it only a few days ago because the WI opener is now only 2 days away and I needed some sort of duck hunting fix and the nintendo just wasn't doing it for me any more. Oh yea, and my favorite color is camo.
schobsUWSP
hunter

Postby Roboduck » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Hey guys my name is Greg, I am 28 years old and live in Green Bay, WI. I am married with no kids and have 1.5 year old lab who i am trying to turn into a good bird dog. Like many others living in Brown County, i hate the 1 week layoff of the southern zone. Most of the "hotspots" for mallards lie in the southern zone region of Brown county including the bay, Luxemburg, New Franken and Denmark. This leaves me scrambling to find good spots in the northern area but so far this year it has been slow at best out near hwy 29 and into the Outagamie county area. Hope to post some good pics soon.
Roboduck
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:08 am

Welcome aboard!
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Wisconsin Duck Hunting