Missouri Hunters

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

new guy

Postby Krankie » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:11 am

just wanted to say hello.i'm completely new at waterfowl.i've hunted deer ,turkey and all other assorted land animals for too many years.decided to try my luck with the honkers.hopefully won't embarass myself to much.
Krankie
hunter

Postby Ducks4Coach » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Welcome to the site! Did some snow & blues hunting up in your area last year. Ever want someone to take you out just send me a pm.
-Coach

Going for 50!
Ducks4Coach
hunter

Postby Krankie » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:29 pm

thanks for the offer.i havn't seen many geese yet,how about you?
Krankie
hunter

Postby Ducks4Coach » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:19 pm

Just the early snows headed south for the winter. No cans yet. The weather is still a bit too warm for good duck hunting. This weekend should be pretty good when the front pushes through.
-Coach

Going for 50!
Ducks4Coach
hunter

Postby cut-em » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:37 pm

I also wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kyle and I live in Farmington. Just in the past few years have started duck hunting. I fell in love with the sport. It has gotten to the point where I am almost ready to hang up my deer rifle and duck hunt all fall. I never would of thought that I would have admitted that. My dad and grandpa grew up duck hunting in the bootheel, but since they moved to Farmington had gotten out of it. Now we are getting back into it. Yesterday we hunted Otter Slough on a reservation and killed 4 mallards. We had a blast. Going to Duck Creek this weekend on a reservation and hope to have better luck.
cut-em
hunter

Heya, all.

Postby Bean » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:50 pm

I'm Bean. Live in Scott City, MO. Will do my first duck hunting in MO this year. Duck hunted for the first time last year over in Southern Il. Yep, I'm hooked. :)
Bean
hunter

Postby JustBob » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:47 am

Bob in St. louis here. Married, 2 year old daughter, county livin. I own several website design and internet consulting companies. Been hunting for a couple years. Scored some trophies this year: 22lb turkey in the spring and a monster 10 point this past November. Addicted to duck hunting!!! Drop me a line if you're in the St. louis area and want to do some huntin together. It'd be great to get a couple guys from this site together for a shoot. Thanks a lot. Nice to meet you guys :)
JustBob
hunter

Postby reddog1 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:59 am

Hi Bob. I hear ya on the "addicted to duck hunting" comment. This is my third year hunting ducks. I have a 1 1/2 year old lab I've trained for upland as well as waterfowl. I've been having a great time with him. I live in the Kirkwood area and work in a related field. Nice to meet you.
reddog1
hunter

Postby Weaver08 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:29 pm

My names matt. I'm from the KC area. I hunt mostly Grand Pass and around my town at farm ponds. When goose comes around I hunt fields and pastures with ponds. I have been waterfowl hunting for about 2-3 years now. Numbers for me are down this year but dont know about anybody else.
Weaver08
Newb

Postby TayGrothe1988 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:25 pm

I live in columbia, mo and im 19 years old attending Mississippi State majoring in Waterfowl Management. I've been fishing since i can remember and hunt deer here in missouri and pheasant @ my g-pa's farm up in nebraska. but overall i love to hunt ducks and geese, primarily ducks.
just shoot em' in the lips, but ALWAYS safety first!
TayGrothe1988
hunter

Postby Swat » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:11 pm

hello everyone im shane im 24,been duck hunitng for 19 years now.I compete in calling comps all the time and enjoy talking ducks with other folks from missouri :thumbsup:
Ducklander Pro-Staff
Mallard Mafia
Swat
hunter

Postby Toxey » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 pm

hey yall, im 24 from marshall, mo. mainly hunt waterfowl, but occasionally chase deer with my bow, in the off season i stay pretty busy training my choc lab and running her in hunt tests
Toxey
hunter

Postby HoCoHunter » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Hi everybody, my name is Jeremy. I am 26, engaged and have a 18 month old daughter. I live in New Franklin, work and go to school in Columbia. I mainly hunt at Grand Pass wednesdays thru fridays, and can always use extra pills to pull so feel free to look me up next year.
HoCoHunter
Forum Moderator

Postby westergreen » Thu May 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Hey! My name is Josh Westergreen and I am 20 years old. I have never hunted in missouri but plan on it if I am around this year. I am currently serving in the US Army. I love to duck Hunt and also do a lot of deer and elk hunting.
frag out
westergreen
hunter

new hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:01 am

x
Last edited by goodkarmarising on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby Newf Hunter » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi guys. I'm Brad and I'm also from New Franklin. I go to school in Sedalia, so I hunt Grand Pass when ever I can afford to skip class. Then again, I hunt it when I can't afford to also!
Newf Hunter
hunter

Postby MOFowlhunter » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:27 am

Hello all! My name is Steffan and I live in St. Charles just off of Zumbehl. 39yrs young, divorced with two awesome kids (1 boy 10yrs old & 1 girl 5yrs old in Oct). I got drawn for a two year blind site and we are currently trying to figure out what we want to build, kind of running out of time since we have to have it built, brushed, and inspected by 9/20.
MOFowlhunter
hunter

Postby jjamerb » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:14 pm

Jim, 40yrs old., live in Elkland. (about 20 miles north of Springfield), been duck and goose hunting since i was 15. Was raised in NW Indiana and hunted at Lasalle F&W, Hovey lake, and also on Lake Michigan.

Moved to Missouri in 1998. Started hunting again here when my oldest boy, now 16, wanted to start duck hunting. Have 4 sons i hunt with. 16, 12, 9, and 8. We hunt private ponds close to home. Haven't hunted any public lands yet, but plan to in the future. Not sure where to even go for public hunting.
jjamerb
hunter

Postby brd slayer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:53 am

hey im austin and i live in south west missouri and have hunted deer and turkey all my life but in the past few years i have picked up waterfowl hunting i hunt my families farms and a timber that we have flooded i currently go to school at fort scott community college where im on the rodeo team still looking for some good hunting over here but havnt seen any good duck or goose locations i plan to go to school and major in wildlife biology
brd slayer
Newb

Postby Original Al » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:04 pm

Whats up, I'm new here but I'm on just about every other duck hunting message board out there. I saw there was a lot of talk about SEMO on here so I signed up.
I ain't gone to bed with no ugly women, but I've sure woke up with a few

SEMO expert and hater of all things OOS

Duck hunters in the bootheel are the biggest violators in the Mississippi flyway

Take a kid golfing. My hunting spots are too crowded
Original Al
hunter

Postby kwak_smacker » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:12 pm

whats up guys? just signed up a few min ago. Im from clinton,mo so I hunt around the truman lake area. though I've only been in to ducks the last couple of years got to say its my fav. Im 22 y/o and just married in oct. yikes haha. Im always looking for new hunting partners as the ones I have now are in college and have jobs on weekends so its hard for them to find time so if you need some one to hunt with let me know, I'm always up for hunting
kwak_smacker
hunter

Postby jfry » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Jeremy, I am 33 and married. Live in St. Louis, South City. I just moved back to Missouri after living in Alabama for the last three years. Hunting pretty much sucked there. I have been waterfowl hunting for about 8 years and love it. I am glad to be back to MO and look forward to doing a lot more hunting. I mainly hunt turkey , ducks and geese. I used to hunt deer as well but lost interest. Deer hunting is not as much fun as waterfowl and turkey, but that is just my opinion. I used to duck hunt with a friend along the Missouri river. I am always looking for a place to duck hunt and since I am new to the St. Louis area, let me know if there is any place that you would recommend.

Thanks.

Jeremy
Last edited by jfry on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jfry
hunter

Postby Cause-A-Boom » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:48 am

Hello guys--Bryan from Branson, MO--Originally a transplant from Cape Girardeau,MO--Love to hunt period, but really enjoy getting the perfect setup, a cup of coffee, and those whistling wings. Got a year and 1/2 chocolate lab, makes it easy to get up in the morning. Mainly hunt Lake Taneycomo, or Table Rock when I can--Love to get over to the James River, always a fun and quick hunt--My buddies at Otter Slough and Duck Creek/Ten Mile Pond had a good year--wish I could say the same--Got until the 25th though--Wish me luck--
Huntin' the hard way--
Cause-A-Boom
hunter

Postby goosenchicks » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:58 am

My name is Brad McDonald 12 years old from Galena, MO.I am new to the board as well. My father got me hooked on hunting a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. Look forward to hearing great ideas from you more experienced hunters. Cause a boom, which spots do you like to hunt in SWMO. My dad takes me to a spot on bull shoals. Do you hunt there?
goosenchicks
Membership under review

Postby Cause-A-Boom » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:10 pm

goosenchicks huh? at 12 years old what do you know about goosen chicks? I have hunted almost everywhere you could think of in ur tri-county area--the one thing they all have in common is that there are no birds!! let me know how your season goes, mine has been a bust so far, but i have about 3 weeks to redeem myslef--good luck to you--
Huntin' the hard way--
Cause-A-Boom
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting