Missouri Hunters

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: Missouri Hunters

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:10 am

golden6432 wrote:
MOhuntingGuy wrote:
golden6432 wrote:I am Shaun Golden, I live in Gower Missouri.Married 2 kids and my lab. I hunt all around ,mostly private land around PLattsburg, Trimble, Osborn, and Stewartsville and so on. I head up to Bbrown and Nodway every now and then usually only when we have reservations. We got 4 this year all at Nod. Used to hunt smithville but way to many skybusters or there early in the season. I wait to hit it up later in the year after the fair weather hunters hang the gear up. My son can't wait for saturday. He shot is first duck last year( Woodie). He is all fired up.

:welcome: I drive through Gower all the the time on my way up to St. Joe.

Cool I grew up in St. Joe. What do you do there? Where do you live?

I'm from Kearney/Liberty. I've got family in Joe so I'm always up there for something or another.
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby locked n loaded » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:20 pm

hey all i'm dustin from st. charles and i hunt on my family farm/club. Clubs name is Purdy Farms Duck Club if any of you have heard of it. ive been duck hunting since i was 6, just starting out with my bb gun and now i'm 17 and lovin it and no one in my high school has any idea how to hunt and i dont enjoy being there at all.
locked n loaded
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 am

well arent you just one lucky duck hunter,does steve kitchen call the birds for ya :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
knockemdeadd wrote:how could i put a pricetag on memories made with my son
So can i hunt with you now since i used a qoute from you?hahahahaha
moneymaker
hunter

Postby quack_hunter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:05 pm

moneymaker wrote:well arent you just one lucky duck hunter,does steve kitchen call the birds for ya :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Your just jealous money, I think I hear the orderly coming down the hall to give you, philippe, condor, willowbend and all the rest their meds before nap time. :yes:
quack_hunter
Account Suspended for Personal Attacks

Postby locked n loaded » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:47 pm

moneymaker wrote:well arent you just one lucky duck hunter,does steve kitchen call the birds for ya :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
nope not for me, i can get em close myself but i will say ill never back down on a hunt where hes callin em in for me because he can get em closer than i can. Lol
locked n loaded
hunter

Postby PoorSTLguy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Hey Spencer, 26 yrs, 2 kids and a wife from Wentzville. MO (ignore my screen name, it was just easier that way) .. JUST got into duck hunting and loving it so far. Seems difficult finding good public spots around here (50 mile radius of St. Charles, MO). So far, the only ones i know of is Ted Shanks, B.K. Leach, and Cuiver Island.

If anyone knows of any good public spots I would love to get some info! :beer:
PoorSTLguy
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:20 pm

marias temp clair :lol3: columbia bottoms :lol3: really good luck there isnt much
moneymaker
hunter

Postby duckydialect » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Tyler- 18 years old, grew up fowlin with my daddy. Hunt with BigAl64 quite a bit. Blow Echo Calls and shoot a Benelli Supernova.
"Watch out for the Gumbo Mud."
duckydialect
hunter

Postby Philippe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:01 pm

duckydialect wrote:Tyler- 18 years old, grew up fowlin with my daddy. Hunt with BigAl64 quite a bit. Blow Echo Kazoo's and shoot a Benelli Poopernova.

Fixed :yes: :lol3: :lol:

It was good hunting with ya out at EB man!
Philippe
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Philippe wrote:
duckydialect wrote:Tyler- 18 years old, grew up fowlin with my daddy. Hunt with BigAl64 quite a bit. Blow Echo Kazoo's and shoot a Benelli Poopernova.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are crazy Phil!!
BigAL64
hunter

Postby Philippe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:30 pm

BigAL64 wrote:
Philippe wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are crazy Phil!!

:thumbsup:
Philippe
hunter

Postby ronrob » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Grunt wrote:Hey guys. My name is Josh and I'm in Springfield. 26, married, 2 black labs, disabled veteran. I've been reading the boards for quite some time just never registered. Well I did tonight. Hunt everytime I can, mostly private land and a few other places. Getting pretty excited for this season, waiting for the middle zone to open up.....
Last edited by ronrob on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronrob
hunter

Postby furinsilex » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey all been on here watching for awhile now but just started posting. My name is Christopher, im from Silex Missouri, but i go to school at MU. LIke hunting Shanks, and the Pass along with the river and MTL. Always looking for people to hunt with and learn from.
furinsilex
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:33 pm

I am Mark, 42. I didn't know we had a Missouri forum until a while ago. I live in Marshfield 20 minutes east of Springfield. Worst area of the state to be addicted to waterfowl. I am a goose hunter that duck hunts between flights of ducks. I hunt and fish everything!!! My kids didn't know that you could buy meat from a store til they were teenagers. I drink the Kool-Aid a couple times a year at Four Rivers or Schell, but I never do any good. I hunt Fellows for ducks and a few local ponds. Most of my waterfowl is dry fields and ponds for geese. I love those sky carp! I usually hunt with my kid brother and my dad. I work for the Guard full time in Lebanon and post on DU all the time...MHalley. My kid brother is JHalley. Been chasing ducks/geese for about ten years. I used to have a neighbor that moved here from the bootheel and go with him to visit his mom and dad and slay snows!!! One day I shot 50 myself. It was insane. That got me addicted. Unfortunately there ain't any snows in Marshfield, so it is Canada's for me. I also hunt up around Charity/Elkland area. I use a Winni 1200 pump and a Franchi I-12. The Franchi does great above freezing but the cycling slows down below freezing. Then I use the 1200 pump. I would love to meet anyone in the Marshfield area to hook up some hunts with. This 2011-12 season has been the worst of my life, but I would love to meet some new guys to hunt with anyway!
Attachments
100_3555.JPG
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby learn2hide » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Hey everyone. I'm Zac from OFallon MO. I've been chasing waterfowl since I was 16 years old. About 8 years ago I really got into hunting on public land and love every minute of it. I've been a member of a club or two over the years but absolutely nothing beats the feeling of working hard and finding the "X" on pressured public land birds. I've learned a lot in my time but certainly still have plenty yet to learn. I'm also a white-tailed deer hunting addict. My family and I eat wild game all the time so it gives me a nice excuse to get out as often as possible. Good luck to you all, see you at the "X" and I'll even share it with you as long as you're nice :yes:
Attachments
CB2011.jpg
death and judgement provided at no charge to all incoming waterfowl
learn2hide
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 am

the big letter R says it all :lol3: Quickdraw Mcgraw :lol3:
moneymaker
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:12 am

moneymaker wrote:the big letter R says it all :lol3: Quickdraw Mcgraw :lol3:

Refuge? :clapping:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby learn2hide » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:04 am

that picture was taken at Columbia Bottom CA...no quick draw :-) only 5 parties at the drawing that day...we had fun
death and judgement provided at no charge to all incoming waterfowl
learn2hide
hunter

Postby handyandy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:46 am

My name is Andy I'm originally from stl but rarely hunt around there as I go to ucm in warrensburg so I hunt around there at various places from the river to Truman lake montrose lake schell and various little conservation areas around me I love hunting snows and have a decent amount of decoys but not as many as really need I still chase them as much as I can but finding good spots is always a challenge if anyone ever wants to team up for a hunt feel free to send me a pm I'm in the army reserves joined back n 2007 I drill in Springfield so I am always driving all over this great state between drill and going hunting as much as I can I shoot a Winchester 1300 haven't been on this forum long but Im glad I joined
Red neck engineering- If ya can't fix it with duck tape, bailing wire, zip ties, and JB weld well than it can't be fixed.

If it moves and it aint suppose to duck tape it. If doesn't move and its suppose to put WD-40 on it.
handyandy
hunter

Postby WAGON WHEEL » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Here's my intro,my name is Mike I have two boys 8 and 10.I live twenty miles south of Jeff City hunt everything but ducks are by far my fav.I hunt the rivers near JC some also hunt GP and 4rivers.I have a four rivers with a mud buddy just in case I poor line in.
WAGON WHEEL
hunter

Postby cehancock » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:21 pm

My name is Chason Hancock, and I just moved to Missouri from North Carolina. I am living about 30 minutes west of Springfield and I wouldn't mind to find some people to hunt with out here. I have hunted about everything possible since I was little but I didn't really get into duck hunting until the last couple years.
cehancock
Newb

Postby SKDuckhunt » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:41 pm

learn2hide wrote:that picture was taken at Columbia Bottom CA...no quick draw :-) only 5 parties at the drawing that day...we had fun

Money knows you cant kill birds at Columbia Bottoms!
SKDuckhunt
SKDuckhunt
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Killed a few Starlings :yes:
moneymaker
hunter

Postby bjovan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:57 am

I guess I should reintroduce myself(I had been a member but guess I have too many passwords in this small brain of mine)
Hello my name is Bill and I am a duckaholic. Live in the st Louis area been huntin ducks since I was 9, introduced to the sport by my uncle on the westside of the state. I live on the east side of mo mo in the stl area south county. Hunt the river with a few members on here and chase them drown to the heel. Just joined a lease up off 79 in the middle of a fantastic drought, go figure got to take the good with the bad. Looking forward to the fall fo so.
bjovan
Newb

Postby leerobbins » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:53 pm

My name is Lee Robbins, 25 years old, single no kids. Just moved to St. Louis from the eastern part of Virginia along the Chesapeake Bay. I grew up duck hunting on creeks and marshes on the Bay side and on the sea side inside of the Barrier Islands. I'm slowly learning about the MDC and quick draw and hunting public land- mostly through you guys on this site- and not sure whether this year will be a lost cause or not, I guess there's only one way to find out! Any suggestions or advice as to how or where to hunt around here are welcome, not looking for anyone's spot, I just want to get a chance to hunt a couple of times, if anyone's looking for someone to hunt with or willing to let me tag along a time or two I'd certainly like to meet up! Thanks for the info guys!
leerobbins
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting