Missouri Hunters

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Re: Missouri Hunters

Postby moneymaker » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:47 am

Good luck,only thing around st.louis is mtc,bkleach,cb,alton pool blinds,winfield pool blinds and they are drawed for every 2 years for ownership and was just drawed for in july,,so your best bet is to join a good duck club if wanting to stay local and get to hunt or hope to find folks that will let you tag along with them all the time and can make it work out and be friends,if not ducking in missouri is really becoming a hard sport to be in as it is very costly and not alot of limited public ground that is frequented by waterfowl.
knockemdeadd wrote:how could i put a pricetag on memories made with my son
So can i hunt with you now since i used a qoute from you?hahahahaha
moneymaker
hunter

Postby jdbarnett » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:24 pm

My name is James... Live in Mansfield, MO. Just got into duck hunting in the past couple years. Been a die hard bass fisherman most of my life but with two boys (10 and 8) that love to hunt and fish I sold the bass boat and purchased an 18' G3 camo boat to duck hunt out of (and fish some too...) Been up to four rivers and schell some... Long drive to not draw out... Hunt truman and stockton some with limited success. Doesn't matter to the kids much. They get to hang out with the "big boys" and that's enough for them. Oldest boy got his first canadian last year and a couple of teal. Always looking for tips as I am trying to learn while teaching the boys what little I know...
jdbarnett
hunter

Postby Small Block » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Hello fellow hillbillys. Looks like the folks from Mansfield are the closest to me here in the hills around West Plains. Been hunting these critters seriously since about 69 and started at Saltin Sea in Caifornia. Some buddies i worked with got me started. Shame on them. Since then i've hunted waterfowl in Alaska, Nebraska, Arkansas, Illionois, and of course here in Missouri. Have had great and memorable hunts in all states. I'll turn 61 just before season opens this year but slow and cold are not in my vocabulary. Never done any field hunting but i think i it would soon become another one of my weaknesses. We mainly hunt the small lakes and jump shoot the farm ponds. When they are froze over and the ducks are looking for open water the tributaries of lake north fork are really good as they like to pick on the acorns. I've also tromped out a hole in the ice on frozen ponds and they would try and land on my back. Dogs? You bet. My current lady is about 10 or 11 and i'll be looking for a new trainee this spring. Cassie is good but she's slowing down. Building a nice 8'X12' blind right now and will take it out to the newly aquired lease lake in a few days. I need to make that happen soon before the rains make the water level rise and make it a bit more difficult. By the way i'm Bill. Been called worse but that will get my attention. I use both duck and goose deeks. Ducks are floaters and i have shells and floaters for geese. I use a jerk line and have made and used a M Machine. Have two robos but they are becoming a hassel. Some of my fastest hunts have been within a mile of my house. Notice i didn't say best. Yes i've been the DU chairman here for awhile but my time has been served and now i hunt with perhaps one of the only two duck hunters here in the area. I'm the other one. You may have seen us hunting on KY3 a few yrs back. One of our hunts was filmed and played on a buddies show. We showed him the ducks for sure. If you're close by and want to participate in all it takes to bag ducks in the Ozarks then let me know. I like meeting good people. I'm the Mopar go to guy here in West Plains. Just ask who the Mopar guy is here at Orielly's
Small Block
Small Block
hunter

Postby Chief Shootemduck » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Last edited by Chief Shootemduck on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whether you think you can or you can't....You're right.
Chief Shootemduck
hunter

Postby golden6432 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:24 am

Hey Nick i live in Gower. I hunt alot around the plattsburg area. I stop at Larrys 2 stopp almost every morning before going hunting. If ya ever want to get in on a Goose hunt I got all the decoys we will need just give me a shout.

Shaun Golden
golden6432
hunter

Postby CutEmUp89 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:54 pm

My names Phillip. I live about a hour north of St. Louis and was a Illinois duck hunter up unitl last year. My dad bought 40 acres of hunting ground in the St. Charles area. Just off 370. Been hunting since I was 11 but started duck hunting when I was 17, and I have loved every minute of it since then. Like I said it's me and my dad, and some of his and my buddies hunting private St. Charles ground. We each have a lab and enjoy killin' em' with their feet down! Good hunting to all this year, and let's hope its not a mild winter again. Hoping to hear from the other MO hunters on here to see how their seasons are going and where the ducks are.
Phillip Price

Fowl Obession Duck & Goose Calls Staff

Kill em' with their feet down, and wings cupped!

"I guess no one knows about Mo Booter?"
CutEmUp89
hunter

Postby pmarley1 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:03 pm

Names Philip, and ive just moved back to Columbia from panhandle of Florida. Ready to get back in the blind again. Im finishing up a Masters in GIScience from Northwest MO State.
pmarley1
hunter

Postby brad1990 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:28 pm

New guy here. 22 years old, just got out of the Marine Corps. I've been a die hard hunter and fly fisherman my whole life, but I'm relatively new to duck hunting. Live just North of the St Louis area, near West Alton. Unfortunately I'm stuck to chasing most of my ducks on local CAs, but I've had great success this year with early teal season on CB (17 harvested over 5 hunts, only one single bird day). Going to get my feet wet chasing honkers and snows this year as well.
brad1990
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:04 pm

CB is the best area to hunt,dont look any further :lol3: :lol3: Or if you have a boat jump the well know alton pool blinds
moneymaker
hunter

Postby brad1990 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:17 pm

moneymaker wrote:CB is the best area to hunt,dont look any further :lol3: :lol3: Or if you have a boat jump the well know alton pool blinds

Haha well I wish it really was, being so close to it as I am. Just a convenient place to go.
brad1990
hunter

Postby Eureka » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:45 pm

My name is Alex. I live outside of Louis. I recently got involved in duck hunting by buying some guided hunts and such. Now that I have hunted a few CA areas I decided to put in for the reservations. I got picked for B.K Leach for December. Hopefully going to try my luck at Columbia Bottom, B.K Leach, and Marias Temps Claire. Does anyone have any information on BK and MTC? I am wondering what the blinds are like at BK.
Eureka
hunter

Postby oktakem » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:40 am

My name is Scott, I'm 42 and I live in South St. Louis County. Pretty much do my duck hunting in the Alton pool. Been tagging along since I was 5. First trip was that year at Duck Creek. Called in a pair of mallards my dad and brother killed that day. Broke ice in the morning. Been to Swan Lake back when if you got a reservation you were suddenly the most popular person around. Remember when that WAS the "Goose hunting capitol". Killed my first duck in 77 at Fountain Grove. Banded pintail hen. We've been fortunate enough to draw decent blinds in Alton the last 4 or 5 draws. Try and poor-line at BK and MTC once or twice a year just to change the sceenery. That's when we don't have reservations anywhere. Once again this year none of us got drawn! My faith is my greatest passion by which I have been blessed with a wonderful family and the ability to still enjoy everyday in the blind with some of the best, and most nutty people in the world! Just like me!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:18 am

so what blind you draw this year oktakem?
moneymaker
hunter

Postby oktakem » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm

My buddies asked me not to give the number out but I will say it's "on the river". Seem to have quite the beaver problem. Brushed it two times already! Looks like we need more again. May try and just grass it??????? Just to fill in whats left.
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby franchifowler » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:32 am

been stalking the forum for a bit, figured i ought to introduce myself. My name is Justin, and I'm 27 years old.Got into ducks in college and we all know how that goes. I live up in the northland of KC and hunt the west side of MO mostly with a few trips out east every year. Changing up the tactics this year and switched to 2 layout boats, pretty excited to get this season started and see how they work.

Jusitn
franchifowler
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:02 am

franchifowler wrote:been stalking the forum for a bit, figured i ought to introduce myself. My name is Justin, and I'm 27 years old.Got into ducks in college and we all know how that goes. I live up in the northland of KC and hunt the west side of MO mostly with a few trips out east every year. Changing up the tactics this year and switched to 2 layout boats, pretty excited to get this season started and see how they work.

Jusitn

Welcome to the site, not too far from you at all, over in Leavenworth here.... :welcome:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby franchifowler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 am

goodkarmarising wrote:Welcome to the site, not too far from you at all, over in Leavenworth here.... :welcome:

Thanks! Might be even closer next year if i move out to Mission to be closer to work! i got a little over an hour round trip to work right now. could always use more hunting buddies! :biggrin:
franchifowler
hunter

Postby Skidkicker » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

New to the forum, name is Chad. Grew up in Lee's Summit/Kansas City, my family is spread pretty liberally up and down the west half of the state. I'm always willing to learn and maybe make some friends along the way. Just got a boat this season too, so I'm looking forward to experiencing ducks from that side of the river per se. It also means that there will be empty seats every now and then, and hunting buddies are in short supply these days. :wink: As far as that goes, I cook breakfast, we both split gas, and if you have a dog I'll even give you extra bacon (for the pup of course :thumbsup: ). Either way, I'm looking forward to my time here with yall and learning all that I can.

*Forgot to say that I actually still live in Lee's Summit :rolleyes:
Skidkicker
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:31 am

my dog cant have bacon :lol3:
moneymaker
hunter

Missouri Hunters

Postby Skidkicker » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Is it really table food if its in a boat? :lol3:
Skidkicker
hunter

Postby Cwerner » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Hey guys

My name is chad. Just joined tonight. Live in columbia, started duck and phesant hunting 20 years ago, 27 now so started young! Used to get out quite a bit, mainly in Iowa but havent done much in the last 10 years. Looking to get back into it, i live 5 minutes from eagle bluffs and plan on getting some time in there.
Cwerner
hunter

Postby j-rob » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Hello new to mo. in the process of moving from ky. just joined the form in hopes to meeting some new hunting buddies. I'm 33 years old pritty good shot and decent caller and love hunting would love to tag along some time if any one has some room thanx justin
Shoot'm in the lips
j-rob
hunter

Postby PDrolet88 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Names PJ. 23 years old, lived in FL my whole life until Sept 2011 when I moved out here for work. I live in Branson (South Central) MO. I grew up fishing in the city and the ocean, but I love the country. Great people, and beautiful landscape...you just can't beat it. I'm pretty green to duck hunting. I've only been on 3 hunts in the last two years. Hoping to change that this season. Looking to get my own boat and start hunting around Bull Shoals/Taneycomo. I've been archery hunting my arse off out here for the last two seasons and finally killed my first doe a few weeks back. I've been seeing lots of greenheads flying around and I can't wait to get on em! Also hoping to make a trip out to the bootheel for some ducks as well this season. My work schedule is pretty flexible and allows me to hunt quite a bit. If anyone is willing to take a rookie out, I am willing to front some shells and split some gas costs with you. Just shoot me a PM.
PDrolet88
hunter

Postby soldier_twiggy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Howdy. My name's Paul, I live in Columbia, and I rarely draw in to Eagle Bluffs to do most of my hunting. I've been duck hunting since I was 8 (actually shooting since 11) and haven't missed a season except when I was in Iraq. Though in my adult years my numbers of hunts per year have dropped dramatically from when I was a kid.
I'm always game to meet and hunt with new people, so if anyone wants to hunt Eagle Bluffs shoot me a PM.
soldier_twiggy
hunter

Postby BrianP » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 am

Hey guys, y name is Brian Pelton from Jackson, mo. Tonight is my first on this forum, hopin to make some new huntin buddys to share those early morning hunts with. This is my first year duck hunting but ive been a die hard fisherman for the last couple years now and I think ive found my new addiction! I hunt mostly Duck Creek, Wappapello Lake, The Mississippi River and a few little holes off the beaten path. I dont mind drivin far distances as long as the gas is there and im seein ducks! Anyone ever need a spot to be filled id be happy to fill it. =) Im a responsible, safe and respectful hunter whos always happy just being out there. Im always ready for the morning duck hunt then afternoon fish and evening goose hunt anyday of the week!
BrianP
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting