SX3 vs Franchi Affinity

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: SX3 vs Franchi Affinity

Postby KRB » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:00 am

Let us know how it runs. If it's like the affinity your in good shape.
KRB
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 pm

waterfowler4444 wrote:Yesterday I actually went shopping with the intension of picking up an sx3....and came home with a franchi intensity...same price I will take the inertia over gas any day...I'm not an expert but was told that the guts are the same as far as the action in the franchi and benelli, it says benelli right on the box (that's only because Benelli owns Franchi and maybe they want you to think you're getting a Benelli? Not!) ...I was told the franchis are less expensive because they don'y have all the recoil reducing technologies in the stock like the sbe and all the other bells and whistles...haven't had a chance to shoot it yet bu definitely looking forward to it...
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Sent from my furloughed Obama phone!
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:49 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:Image

Using that logic, is the Chevy Impala the same as the Cadillac Coupe de Ville just because GM owns both?

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby SayQuack » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Are you saying my Impala is a POS? Cause my 28" rims would beg to differ... :grooving:

But to be fair, I'd say Yukon Denali and Escalade is more apt.
SayQuack
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:37 pm

Notice it says "Benelli USA". Benelli USA Corporation does not make shotguns; they import shotguns.

What this means is that it is imported into the USA by the same company that imports Benelli firearms (hence the "Benelli" in their name).....not that it is made by Benelli Italy.

Enjoy your new shotgun, I hope it gives you decades of satisfying service.
mudpack
hunter

Postby everythings ducky » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:45 am

Do some research. I believe Franchi is made in Turkey. SX3 is a better gun. Just my opinion.
everythings ducky
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 am

everythings ducky wrote:Do some research. I believe Franchi is made in Turkey. SX3 is a better gun. Just my opinion.

You can't read, it says made in Italy right on the receiver. Go back and look at the pictures I posted, not the quoted post that conveniently leave out the remaining pictures.

Prove us wrong, that it isn't made in the same factory, kinda like GMC Yukon, Chevy Tahoe and Cadillac Escalade aren't made in the same factory in Arlington Texas.

Y'all cry all you want, but the Affinity is hands down a better built and better backed shotgun than anything produced by FN, you know, the ones that make FN, Browning and Winchester, in Belgium, Portugal, Japan and other places throughout Europe.

NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:01 am

Yuchi1 wrote:

Using that logic, is the Chevy Impala the same as the Cadillac Coupe de Ville just because GM owns both?

Why don't you stick to kissing up to Ned, it is something you're comfortable with and excel at.

Try, Tahoe, Yukon and Escalade Corky.

NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:48 am

orphanedcowboy wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:

Why don't you stick to kissing up to Ned, it is something you're comfortable with and excel at.

I have only two words for you, sir.

RAISIN BRAN!

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:08 am

Here is the factory address listed on both Benelli's and Franchi's websites:

Benelli:

Company Info

Via della Stazione, 50
61029 Urbino (PU), Italy
Tel: +39 0722 307 1
Fax: +39 0722 307 370

Franchi:

Contacts

Via della Stazione, 50
61029 Urbino (PU) - Italy
Tel. 07223071
Fax 0722307227
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:21 am

Franchi remained a family business since its founding until 1987, when it was acquired by the industrial conglomerate Socimi, based in Milan; with the bankruptcy of Socimi in 1993, Franchi was acquired by the Beretta Holdings which is the current owner*

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchi_(firearms)

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:22 am

Benelli and Benelli USA have been owned by Pietro Beretta since 2000*

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_(firearms)

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:25 am

Beretta acquired several domestic competitors (notably Benelli and Franchi) and some foreign companies (notably in Finland) in the late eighties.

Subsidiaries[edit]A. Uberti, Srl.
Benelli Armi S.p.A.
Luigi Franchi S.p.A
SAKO[7]
Stoeger Industries

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:29 am

So, it would appear that if you purchase a Benelli, Franchi or Stoeger...you're really buying a bastardized Beretta?

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:
orphanedcowboy wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:

I have only two words for you, sir.

RAISIN BRAN!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:25 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:Why don't you stick to kissing up to Ned, it is something you're comfortable with and excel at.

I don't know who you have yuchi confused with, but I can tell you that he is the second-to-last person (okay, maybe third?) that will ever kiss up to ol' ned. :yes:

My wife and I have the same addresses. We are not the same person, nor were we made by the same people. :thumbsup:
She is far superior than I; a true Beretta/Benelli. Me...I'm just a Franchi. Let's just say that I'm a great value for the money.
mudpack
hunter

Postby KRB » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 pm

mudpack wrote:
orphanedcowboy wrote:Why don't you stick to kissing up to Ned, it is something you're comfortable with and excel at.

I don't know who you have yuchi confused with, but I can tell you that he is the second-to-last person (okay, maybe third?) that will ever kiss up to ol' ned. :yes:

My wife and I have the same addresses. We are not the same person, nor were we made by the same people. :thumbsup:
She is far superior than I; a true Beretta/Benelli. Me...I'm just a Franchi. Let's just say that I'm a great value for the money.

That's funny :clapping:
KRB
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:06 pm

mudpack wrote:

My Teutonic bride is a Krieghoff while I am the Mossberg. :wink:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 am

mudpack wrote:

Really?

Yuchi1 wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:Right on Yuichi. Posts trying to get me to publish pictures has nothing to do with my patterns but just harassment. They couldn't repeat my patterns anyway. Ned S

IMO, it would be a good thing if they could, then, a lot of the banter would probably be diminished as some folks might have gained a different perspective.

If you actually watch the videos of any tour of the Benelli factory, there are very few actual workers on the floor, the majority of the work is done by robots.

Regardless of who owns whom, the two are made under the same factory roof. At one time there was a Franchi video out showing the Affinity and it's tooling when the Affinity was originally released. I looked for the video this morning.

You crying about Benelli USA importing them is laughable, Browning is doing the exact same thing and in fact has never produced any of its own products other than those made by JMB.

NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 am

orphanedcowboy wrote:
mudpack wrote:

Really?

Yuchi1 wrote:
Jon Bergren wrote:Right on Yuichi. Posts trying to get me to publish pictures has nothing to do with my patterns but just harassment. They couldn't repeat my patterns anyway. Ned S

IMO, it would be a good thing if they could, then, a lot of the banter would probably be diminished as some folks might have gained a different perspective.

How is this "sucking up" to Ned? Really?

If you actually watch the videos of any tour of the Benelli factory, there are very few actual workers on the floor, the majority of the work is done by robots.

Regardless of who owns whom, the two are made under the same factory roof. At one time there was a Franchi video out showing the Affinity and it's tooling when the Affinity was originally released. I looked for the video this morning.

So, if you purchase a Franchi, are you really getting a bastardized Benelli? And, if you purchase a Benelli, are you really getting a Franchi in the woodpile? :rolleyes:

You crying about Benelli USA importing them is laughable, Browning is doing the exact same thing and in fact has never produced any of its own products other than those made by JMB. Other than his prototypes (for the patents) JMB sold most all off to other manufacturers (Winchester, Remington, etc.) and had his (original run) A-5 made by FN in Liege. FN now owns Browning as well as Winchester however, you do not see Winchester claiming to be a Browning which is what Muddy was alluding to.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby C M Wings » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:39 pm

If you are happy, that is all that matters. There are very few "bad" semis, if any, out there in the price range you spent. Sure there is the occasional lemon, but odds are it is not your gun.

I like gas guns, you like inertia, that's why they make both.

Good shooting.

Ducks
Ducks
C M Wings
hunter

Postby Lights-Out » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:20 pm

my brother has the franchi, its garbage but on the bright side benelli offers life time warranty to there guns so thats a plus benelli also makes stoeger i beleive, and im pretty sure those didnt turn out well. Now i will say i have the sx3 and that gun is by far the best shotgun ive shot, ive had it for a year and put ten Cases of shells through it, not one problem, you will have to clean it more often but too me i love cleaning guns, i love anything with guns so not a big deal, but id go with the SX3
Lights-Out
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum