Return to Normal

Plenty of Washington duck hunting information to learn and share from the Pugent sound to the open plains of eastern WA. Discuss all of the Washington duck hunting topics here.

Moderators: Token, h2ofowlr, washingtonmuley, brokerbyduck

Return to Normal

Postby tripleb56 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:09 pm

I have been A part of DHC for a couple years now and after last season (2013) I stopped looking at The washington page for a while and also avoided commenting because it seemed like this just gave ammunition to the guys that seemed to actively try and destroy this page. I have noticed that over the last year their has not been much activity and constructive topics. I learned a lot of things from the forum and also met some great people. I have also had some amazing hunts and made some great memories with those of you that I have been able to meet. I was discussing with a few other members and wanted to see what everyone else thought about trying to set some things up for this page to get things going again. I know that we have done BBQ's and Shoots in the past and also just simply met up with some guys to grab a beer. After looking at some of the other states I have seen some guys set up a state rambler and also group hunts with a hunt host that sets up a hunt for a few guys to come and hunt his local area. I Was really just writing this to see what everyone thought about trying some of these things out. and seeing if we can restore this page to its former glory.

I have some Ideas for doing group hunts and also a rambler for the state. so let me know what everyone thinks.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Re: Return to Normal

Postby Tealer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:42 pm

I really want to see a DHC BBQ at Seattle Gun Club.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby tripleb56 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:14 pm

I think that's a great Idea. I have never been their and after looking at their website it looks like a nice place. If anyone would like to head this up I will definitely be their.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:38 pm

I know there are a few other guys that want to go also.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby brokerbyduck » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:32 pm

A bunch of forum members shot there a while back and had a blast on their sporting clays course. There were some challenging shots that I'd like another crack at. It's something we could put together again pretty easily if the interest is there.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby Tealer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:57 pm

I found a BBQ sponsor.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby tripleb56 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:42 pm

That's awesome. So what do you guys think about some of the other stuff I posted about possibly doing?
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby Cougar125 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm down depending on time. Workups for deployment are already underway.
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:04 pm

tripleb56 wrote:That's awesome. So what do you guys think about some of the other stuff I posted about possibly doing?

I am always down for anything.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Cougar125 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:48 am

tripleb56 wrote:That's awesome. So what do you guys think about some of the other stuff I posted about possibly doing?

I think you need to move back from OR first. :hammer:
There are no ducks in the desert!
Cougar125
hunter

Postby tripleb56 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:37 am

Cougar125 wrote:

I think you need to move back from OR first. :hammer:

That is already in the works if everything goes according to plan I will be back by mid April.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby tripleb56 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Basically what I was thinking was having a few guys that are willing to host a hunt on a fist come first serve basis. I know we all have those areas we would like to hunt, and those birds we wish we could have the opportunity to harvest. Now Im not saying that you take people to your honey hole that only you and God know exist. If we had a few guys that were willing to take out some guys to a new area and maybe give some the opportunity to see different method's that are used and different techniques for how to hunt specific birds. I know I have learned a great deal from the guys I have hunted with and some I have began to use myself and because of those of you that were willing to give some advice I have had some of my most successful and memorable years of waterfowl hunting.

If we have enough interest I am more than happy to set up a calendar and essentially do the same thing as the rambler where guys can sign up with dates and where and how many guys they are willing to host. I will be setting up a few myself if their appears to be enough interest in this. I would even be willing to provide an SD card or a thumb drive similar to the rambler for guys to upload hunt photos to and be able to upload to DHC. Now keep in mind I am just thinking out loud hear and so if their is no interest or if their is anything guys think we can improve on or change definitely feel free to speak up.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby Lost Fish » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:44 pm

I would be willing to take a few new guys out this next season... Had the chance to take 3 newer ones this season and it was great seeing them be able to put it all toghter.

To the point that 2 of the guys comment "it was just like on TV"!!! I thought that was pretty funny but also very educational on how waterfowl hunters hunt.

Anyways I am good with whatever. On a side note The Chapter is looking at putting on a Shoot later this spring as a fund raiser. Will post up some info on it when we get the details worked out.

Oh yea will be good to get you back to the state.
Reb
Fish, Hunt, Coffee, and Beer! What more does a guy need!!!
NW WWA Best Parking Space
Retired Marine, Now living off the Goverment (Wife's) Tit!!!
Lost Fish
hunter

Postby tripleb56 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Lost Fish wrote:I would be willing to take a few new guys out this next season... Had the chance to take 3 newer ones this season and it was great seeing them be able to put it all together.

To the point that 2 of the guys comment "it was just like on TV"!!! I thought that was pretty funny but also very educational on how waterfowl hunters hunt.

Anyways I am good with whatever. On a side note The Chapter is looking at putting on a Shoot later this spring as a fund raiser. Will post up some info on it when we get the details worked out.

Oh yea will be good to get you back to the state.

Yeah Im looking forward to getting back and being in a state that actually holds birds. Definitely keep us in the loop about any shoots or activities going on. If you think you want to plan a hunt just think about a date or dates and let me know and we will get it up here for people to see and to plan if they want to go.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby tripleb56 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Tealer wrote:I found a BBQ sponsor.

Thats great. If you are familiar with the range and have a sponsor do you feel comfortable getting something organized for the members? I am more than happy to help where I can.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby brokerbyduck » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:50 pm

With Turkey season coming up it's going to have to be fairly soon or sometime after Turkey closes. That range is a lot of fun to shoot at, you buy a certain amount of birds and then head off to the course. If you run into a challenging target, you can give it as many shots as you need until you get the lead right.

Makes for a fun shoot when you have guys good naturedly pitching you shiz about your misses.

There are quite a few good shots on DHC, although many haven't been posting lately, I know they lurk and would probably show up for a shoot.

If you think you are a good shot, it would be a good time to see how you stack up. If you are still working out the whole wing shooting thing, it's excellent practice and an opportunity to pick up some pointers from guys who don't miss all that much.

We'll see if we can coordinate a date prior to Turkey season and post it up to gauge interest.
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Simpson
Beware the ghetto lean!
brokerbyduck
State Moderator

Postby ScaupHunter » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Just so the OP knows, a lot of us swapped hunts, and hosted others, and helped a bunch of hunters out this season. It would be great to see the forum get back on track and start putting out good info and being helpful to new hunters.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby tripleb56 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:49 pm

Yeah I totally agree and the hunt I went on with you scaup 2 seasons ago is exactly what I am talking about. It is great to help out the new guys and also allow some guys that may not have access to hunt other locations and bag those birds that are on their bucket list is exactly what I was hoping for. I know some guys have posted hunts an available spots and this is exactly what I think we need to get back to as a community of hunters working together to enjoy the sport.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby Tealer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:45 pm

tripleb56 wrote:Yeah I totally agree and the hunt I went on with you scaup 2 seasons ago is exactly what I am talking about. It is great to help out the new guys and also allow some guys that may not have access to hunt other locations and bag those birds that are on their bucket list is exactly what I was hoping for. I know some guys have posted hunts an available spots and this is exactly what I think we need to get back to as a community of hunters working together to enjoy the sport.

I did a few hunts with members last year, I just keep it off the board. Slows the crap down a touch. To be honest the I text most of the forum members I hunt with almost every day. Kind of bypassing the forum. Draws less attention.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby Cantshootwell » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm afraid from meeting people from the forum. You never know who might be a brad/terral lacky. They already dupped a few high up WWA people. Exposing douches is a dangerous job.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
Cantshootwell
hunter

Postby tripleb56 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:02 pm

Cantshootwell wrote: Exposing douches is a dangerous job.

Ok well maybe you have a point their.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby getemducks » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:09 pm

tripleb56 wrote:

there*
Mini Goose Decoys - Inventor
"Gets the Longnecks closer"

Foamy Log Blind@ Prostaff
"Why sport an Oak when you can float a LOG!"

I wish I knew half as much, and shot half as many birds as the guys on DHC claim they do...
getemducks
hunter

Postby tripleb56 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:26 pm

getemducks wrote:
tripleb56 wrote:

there*

I think I found one! That was quick.
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby Meatss » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:34 pm

tripleb56 wrote:
getemducks wrote:
tripleb56 wrote:

there*

I think I found one! That was quick.

Haha...........well played sir :lol3:
Lord forgive me for I shoot hens.
Meatss
hunter

Postby All-Day » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 pm

I'm all for the rambing decoy!
Just Ducky
All-Day