blind?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

blind?

Postby puddlerjumper » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:52 pm

hey, anybody know of a good, inexpensive field blind with vegetation straps on it that i can put grass in, ill be hunting in winter wheat, corn, stubble, and beans, everything you can think of, even using it beside ponds, it needs to be anywhere from 50 to 230 bucks, i want it to be low profile, and i need to stay dry/warm in it, ill be wearing gortex so i can hold off the cold for a while, but i need something that can hold its own, and is reliable, possibly an x-terminator from goose view, or a goose grabber from goose view, its like a cover or something, or maybe a powerhunter from avery, any suggestions are greatly appreciated
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:22 pm

I'm gunna go with the power hunter from avery this year. I've done TONS af reserch on them and to me their the best low-cost blind out there. Here's the web page to them... :www.averyoutdoors.com. Then click on the blinds section, scroll down a waz and there down there... Has all kinds of succes storys and even a few videos. :mrgreen: Hope it helps!!!

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby puddlerjumper » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:24 pm

thanks, do you have a layout blind? what is it, and how do you like it
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:54 pm

No, I don't own a layout blind yet, but like I said I plan to purchess 2 power hunters for next season....

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:26 am

In my experience of using layout blinds for field hunting for the the last 5 seasons, I think Final Approach is still the Cadillac of the blinds out there.

:spam: :toofunny:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby puddlerjumper » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:09 am

i understand what youre saying, but really, i just need something that can take a beating, like the power hunter from what all i have heard or the xterminator, and isnt too expensive, i dont like cadillacs, i like chevrolets
:yes: :getdown: :cool: :thumbsup:
puddlerjumper
hunter

blind reply

Postby Max » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:06 am

I use an Avery Finisher. Really portable, easy to camo up, durable, and 'hunts' good. Probabaly costs $250.
Max
Newb

Postby puddlerjumper » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:39 pm

are averys made in america? i heard somehwere that those there were layout blinds on the market that were made in china and had plastic brakets and pvc framing and they broke really easy, just wondering, or was it final approach
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:34 am

All of Averys stuff is made in Communist China now a days... :pissed:

Average US manufacturing job payd $16 a hour, $2 in Mexico and 30 cents in China...

Keep US jobs here--buy American when possible :yes: :thumbsup: I have both, FA is better quality like I already mentioned. In all fairness I do not know where FA makes their blinds.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Jeepman:-) » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:42 pm

Avery finisher is good! Its packable and durable. The Eliminators are big except for the one.....what ever model. We have used the Avery with much success. One thing to keep in mind is which ever you get choose the shadow grass camo NOT the Max camo, its too dark and harder to hide
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Jeepman:-)
hunter

Blinds

Postby Xtrema Hunter » Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:44 pm

Stay away fron the avery blinds!!!!!!!! Get a FINAL APPROACH

You get what you pay for.
IF IT FLYS IT DIES
Xtrema Hunter
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum