Duck Hunting Forum banner

Tourist Question

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  whaknstak 
#1 ·
Greetings from the Virginia forum. I've got a Florida tourist question and figured DHC is as good a place as any to find some wisdom :biggrin:

The wife and I are going to be traveling through Florida in mid-March. Staying in Naples for work and then looking to do our own thing (on our own dime) for a night or two after that. We were originally thinking about staying in Naples but hotel prices are high ($350+/night) so I'm looking into other options. We're looking to stay in South Fl but doesn't have to be at the beach- really just looking for a nice warm relaxing spot to spend a couple days...don't mind if it's off the beaten path as long as it doesn't break the bank. Anyone have any suggestions? Feel free to PM also. Many thanks in advance.

#2 ·
It's a little out of the way for you. But if you could make it to Vero beach, from there south and north really along the coast is interesting. Vero beach is a sleeper town when comparing it to other beach front towns. To the south of there is port st. Lucie and ft. Pierce inlet. Some of the prettiest blue water you will see, couple different museum type attractions. To the north is Sebastian inlet which has some well known fishing opportunities right off the jetties. Again, all this is within a hour of Vero beach. Hope this helps some. Either way, Fl is an amazing state, especially this time of year. Enjoy, and bring your shorts and flip flops... 80+ degrees today.

#3 ·
Not trying to show my softer side but......

When I got back from my last deployment, the wife and I spent a weekend at Lovers Key in Fort Myers. The price wasn't bad at all, the water is clear, and it was a really good time... I would recommend it for sure....

Now that I've admitted to staying at a place called lovers key, I'm gonna go back to sprinkling gun powder on my oatmeal...

Trey

#5 ·
tknight006 said:

When I got back from my last deployment, the wife and I spent a weekend at Lovers Key in Fort Myers. The price wasn't bad at all, the water is clear, and it was a really good time... I would recommend it for sure....

Now that I've admitted to staying at a place called lovers key, I'm gonna go back to sprinkling powdered sugar in my latte...

Trey
FIFY

Sent from my new blue iPhone with Anti-Botiz software

#6 ·
Many thanks for the ideas guys. Especially you Trey, I know that couldn't have been easy.

I'm a big Florida fan but haven't been down there in years, so I'm looking forward to it. We're driving down, ultimately making our way from Orlando down to Naples, and then back up to the Melbourne area (western Brevard county) to stay with family for a few days and hopefully get a little turkey and hog hunting in as well.

#7 ·
tmclaimerFL said:
tknight006 said:

Now that I've admitted to staying at a place called lovers key, I'm gonna go back to sprinkling powdered sugar in my latte...

Trey
FIFY

HAHAHAHA.... I didnt' know what "FIFY" meant so I had to look it up.... Then I had to figure out what you meant.... Then I found it... Well played sir.

Trey

#8 ·
tknight006 said:
tmclaimerFL said:
tknight006 said:

Trey
FIFY

HAHAHAHA.... I didnt' know what "FIFY" meant so I had to look it up.... Then I had to figure out what you meant.... Then I found it... Well played sir.

Trey
This must have taken hours off your knitting DVD, "knitting, for all UN-manly men"....

:thumbsup:

#9 ·
You guys got me.....lol

Why would I ever want to go to a beach resort so I could watch my smoking hot wife walk around in a skimpy bikini all day...

What was I thinking.... Wake up, specialty time, walk on the beach, lunch, drinks at the pool, specialty time, nap, dinner, drinks, wife in scantally clad clothing, specialty time, sleep, and repeat...... I guess that explains why she's been pregnant half of our marriage as well, lol.

Trey

#10 ·
tknight006 said:
You guys got me.....lol

Why would I ever want to go to a beach resort so I could watch my smoking hot wife walk around in a skimpy bikini all day...

What was I thinking.... Wake up, specialty time, walk on the beach, lunch, drinks at the pool, specialty time, nap, dinner, drinks, wife in scantally clad clothing, specialty time, sleep, and repeat...... I guess that explains why she's been pregnant half of our marriage as well, lol.

Trey
Can't argue with that.

Dhc 3- trey 1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.