NV wood duck event - March 29

Nevada’s wide open spaces provide great hunting opportunities. From Sprg to Snow Geese. Discuss here in the Nevada duck hunting forum.

Moderators: NV Guide, Old Duck Getter

NV wood duck event - March 29

Postby Albifrons » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:21 pm

OK everyone, helps us knock this out of the park. We are doing a FREE, all-day wood duck event on March 29, with rocketnetting, checking nesting boxes, and a luncheon with a talk about our research with a fundraiser which has some good prizes. We are also doing a 6-pull raffle ($1000 total) in which you can only enter with wood duck bands from the NV wood duck project (~83% of our recoveries come from the Fallon area).

For brant:
Jeff Wasley has donated for the 5th time, a 5 day hunt to Izembek in which 100% of the bid is used for student led research examining effects of hunting. Spread the word that there is a hunt out there, with Jeff, as an auction item. Many people want to go there, and they can do so while supporting research like Jeff used to do and I still try to do. We take phone in bids.

Also, my past advisor, the worlds’ authority on brant, donated an almost week long trip to the Tutakoke River Brant colony to help band brant and see a ton of other cool birds. Even old moss-covered branters can still learn a few new things on this trip I bet!

All the info is on the Nevada Waterfowl Association Website. I'll be updating it weekly. Tons of info in the program, so please check it out!

[url="http://nevadawaterfowl.org/5th-annual-wood-duck-event/"]http://nevadawaterfowl.org/5th-annual-wood-duck-event/[/url]
Albifrons
hunter

Re: NV wood duck event - March 29

Postby sprigpig1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:45 am

Sounds like fun albifrons...this would be something I would love to take my six year old son to .
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby creationchris » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:54 pm

any new shirts??
creationchris
hunter

Postby Albifrons » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:15 pm

This is beyond a good thing to bring a 6 year old to. They will love it!

We are gonna make some shirts, but keep them simple. We do have a way to get the old design shirts too. I'll have it in the event program on the NWA website soon.

Honestly guys, this is as wide open of an open house invite for the project as possible. We can include 6 week old kids to pose with a living banded duck, or your Grandma in her wheelchair. I really don't know how to do more of an open invite. We want locals to take pride in this project.
Albifrons
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Bump
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Return to Nevada Duck Hunting