Drake jacket fit?

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: 2500hdon37s, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC, Smackaduck

Drake jacket fit?

Postby Wallew » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:52 am

This season I bought my first piece of Drake clothing. At the beginning of the season I bought a pair of Drake fleece lined waterproof wader pants. When I bought them I thought they were nice. By the end of the season I can't say enough good things about them. They are warm, comfortable, waterproof and extremely durable, I wear them every time it go hunting, which is on average two days a week from September through February.

After this season I am in the market for a new jacket. Where I live it is a pretty good haul to a Cabelas or Pro Bass Shop. I will probably be buying online. I am 99 percent sure I will now be getting a Drake jacket. For those of you that own a Drake jacket, how does there sizing run? How is their sleeve length?

I am 6'0" and weight 225 lbs. I have a 46" chest and my arms a pretty long for my size. I typically wear a large tall or Xl.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Wallew
hunter

Re: Drake jacket fit?

Postby Huntnharris » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 am

I am 6' and about 180 and a 44 chest and wear a XL in the Drake 3-1 wader jacket. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Huntnharris
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Go xl
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:52 am

Yep get the xl

Sent leaning against a big oak in knee deep water....
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby KRB » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:12 am

Wallew wrote:This season I bought my first piece of Drake clothing. At the beginning of the season I bought a pair of Drake fleece lined waterproof wader pants. When I bought them I thought they were nice. By the end of the season I can't say enough good things about them. They are warm, comfortable, waterproof and extremely durable, I wear them every time it go hunting, which is on average two days a week from September through February.

After this season I am in the market for a new jacket. Where I live it is a pretty good haul to a Cabelas or Pro Bass Shop. I will probably be buying online. I am 99 percent sure I will now be getting a Drake jacket. For those of you that own a Drake jacket, how does there sizing run? How is their sleeve length?

I am 6'0" and weight 225 lbs. I have a 46" chest and my arms a pretty long for my size. I typically wear a large tall or Xl.

I am 6 foot 220 with 48" chest, Have mid season jacket in XXL, not to big and leave's room for layering.
KRB
hunter

Postby DARuffisonfire » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:30 pm

I'd go xl. I'm 511 190 and the large fits perfect.
DARuffisonfire
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Wallew wrote:This season I bought my first piece of Drake clothing. At the beginning of the season I bought a pair of Drake fleece lined waterproof wader pants. When I bought them I thought they were nice. By the end of the season I can't say enough good things about them. They are warm, comfortable, waterproof and extremely durable, I wear them every time it go hunting, which is on average two days a week from September through February.

Im the same weight and height as you, no idea what my chest is, but I would imagine ours would be close. I got a Drake waterproof "hoodie" so to speek but its actually a jacket. Its nice, I like it. Its a 2Xl. The XL seamed snug on me.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Just curious... why would you need wader pants to be waterproof? Aren't you wearing waders over them anyways?
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby kindervb » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:51 pm

I am pretty much the same build and went with an XXL it is not too big, I felt like the XL was a little tight when I put the gun up.
kindervb
hunter

Postby Wallew » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 pm

The waterproof wader pants are great. They are waterproof, fleece lined and are max 4 camo. They also have elastic stirrups and Velcro cuffs so they don't ride up and make it easier getting into waders or muck boots.

My breathable waders I wear during the early season and for some fishing are older and a little leaky. Anyone who has worn waders for enough years knows what it is like to take them off and have wet spots on your pants. I wear them under my late season neoprene waders also because they are fleece lined so they help on those icy mornings.

I don't only where them under my waders. I also where them with my muck boots or regular hunting boots when hunting fields and other areas where waders are not needed.

Huntfish12 I have seen the waterproof hoodie online and that seems to be what I may be leaning towards. I don't really like real heavy coats. I am a firm believer in layers. I think this may suit my needs pretty well.
Wallew
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:31 am

Wallew wrote:
Huntfish12 I have seen the waterproof hoodie online and that seems to be what I may be leaning towards. I don't really like real heavy coats. I am a firm believer in layers. I think this may suit my needs pretty well.

It's not like a sweatshirt hoodie. Its actually quite a bit heavier. Like I said, it's more like a jacket then a traditional hoodie that you might ware around on a regular basis. I'm with ya on layering up, and not too big on bulky jackets. I actually didn't ware my drake hoodie much this past season due to buying some flece mocturtle neck, and a flece hoodie from macks. They really knock the wind down, and didn't create much bulk at all. I liked the jacket for situations after you've been in the water. would always find myself getting wet elbows once i was seated, from when i was leaned over sitting on a bench or a log, or in the boat.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum