Bigfoot decoys...

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Bigfoot decoys...

Postby Beentown » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:18 am

Long time lurker....great site. What are you guys seeing for quality and CS of the Bigfoot decoys? I have purchased the looker, harvester and feeder packs two months ago. I also purchased their motion bases for 6.

I gotta say I am disappointed in all aspects. The paint is already chipped, head attachment on the lookers is horrible and the bodies flex entirely too much when putting the feet/heads on.

Two of the lookers were particularly bad so I have called and emailed the company with no answer. I understand some things happen with Manu but I also expect a little service.
Beentown
hunter

Re: Bigfoot decoys...

Postby koonce727 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Are we talking B2s or originals.

The b2s are junk IMO, and if you are having these types of issues with the originals you are the first person I have heard complain about paint. I don't care for the motion bases.

Call em, I have never had any issues with there service.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:35 pm

NEVER had any problems with my BFs...
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:34 am

Motion systems are 100% junk outta 2 dozen I have 2 that havent broken.
Webfootslayer
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:54 am

I hate big foots just for the fact that they are much too big and bulky if you want a large decoy spread. I had a doz and a half of the originals. I traded a doz of them for a pack of Dakota full body ducks, cant get rid of the other 6 with out letting them go for dirt cheap and they all have fresh flocking. and the bodies of them are durable and meant to be flexible, but after a while the legs will fall out of them. and they dont have any motion, without thier crappy system that is an extra thing you have to buy. all my other full bodies have a fair bit of motion on the stands they came with.

I can fit pretty much a doz of my Dakota lesser Canadian goose decoys in the same space as 6 big foots take up. The only Big foot decoys I'll ever consider adding to my spread is their floating geese which are still pretty big.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby 11-87 Va » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:14 pm

I haven't had any issues with my B2s. I have never hunted over the originals. They are now one season old and I can't see anything wrong with them. I landed several geese in these decoys this season, both early and late season. I have several dead geese in my freezer that didn't see anything wrong with them either. :wink:
I am second

Minus One
11-87 Va
hunter

Postby nitram » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:55 pm

koonce727 wrote:Call em, I have never had any issues with there service.

Me neither.

I've dealt with Mr. Art since 1991, having bought 21 Dz. Originals, 13 Dz. Floaters, and 6 Dz. Specks over 20 years. I can honestly say I have never had a QC issue with either paint, feet, or heads. The 3 Dz. I started with are still in the daily rotation. I have broken a few bases and heads but it was MY fault. They've been shot, run over by ATV's, pickups and a semi-truck from Alberta to Maryland. Yet they're all still serviceable.

They ARE big but then again, they're supposed to be. The whole concept was to have fewer, realistic, life-sized decoys to haul across the muddy fields (prior to everyone having a 4-wheeler). Speaking of realism, I had one attacked by a coyote while 3 others and I watched from 75 yards away.

The motion system is regrettable. I gave up on them after 3 different attempts. The first I bought and the other two were warranties by the CDC. They're good folks who will stand by their product(s). I've found their Customer Service to be top-notch in the few times I've needed it. Of course, your presentation has a lot to do with it as well.

IMHO, Bigfoot Originals are the definition of durability.

PS

Due to a thief or thieves, I am in the market to begin replacing my goose spread. I lost my trailer, decoys, blinds, sled, and misc. other stuff in the trailer. The only reason I mention this is because I started the season by buying 3 Dz. Originals & 3 Dz. Shells to get started. I could've bought any of the newer stuff and I've hunted over them all. But my entire positive experience with Bigfoot has swayed my decision in their direction. I look forward to another 20 plus years as a Bigfoot hunter.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:06 pm

nitram wrote:They ARE big but then again, they're supposed to be. The whole concept was to have fewer, realistic, life-sized decoys to haul across the muddy fields (prior to everyone having a 4-wheeler). Speaking of realism, I had one attacked by a coyote while 3 others and I watched from 75 yards away.

:huh: lol they're bigger you cant haul as many. and they are no where near life sized.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby wjarrell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Bigfoots and GHG are all we use.
wjarrell
hunter

Postby Beentown » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:32 pm

The biggest issue is the head attachment for the "bull" decoys. Horrible.

I like larger deaks over having more smaller bodies as we hunt a lot of smaller fields. I am only four years into this so I have a lot to learn...and buy.

Just surprised by having no one contact me back. I will press the issue when I have more time.
Beentown
hunter

Postby Takeem406 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 am

Not sure on the FBs but I like my dozen sleepers. Their FBs are too large for walk in hunting.

Give 'er a little wing tip! A little wing tip!
Takeem406
hunter

Postby noweil » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 pm

I have had Big Foot field decoys since the 80's and the quality has never been a problem. I have had BF floaters for close to 10 years and am just as happy with them. I have bought some replacement flocked heads a few years ago and all I did was make one phone call to customer service. They answered the phone and were great to deal with. I have never had any motion in my Foots and don't feel that I need it. The paint on my decoys has held up better than any decoys I have ever had.

One good thing is they have excellent resale value, so you can probably sell them and get most your money back.

For people complaining about the size of the Big Foots, who buys large full body goose decoys and then complains about the size? Didn't you know what you were buying?
2012-04-08_15.34.23.jpg
2012-04-08_15.34.23.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 666 times
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum