filler

Share tips and ask questions on all types of duck decoys. Including working, classics, collectable, and carving decoys.

Moderators: HENDU3270, Remman, DUKHTR, fowlhunter

filler

Postby Gcdhunter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:42 am

I just came across some older herters 72's that are pretty beat up. I was going to burlap them but before I do so I would like to fill the dents and missing foam. What do you guys use as a filler
I hate goose poop on my golf course
Gcdhunter
hunter

Re: filler

Postby Mugzwump » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:50 pm

Gcdhunter wrote:I just came across some older herters 72's that are pretty beat up. I was going to burlap them but before I do so I would like to fill the dents and missing foam. What do you guys use as a filler

Just whatever is laying around... spray foam, resin, body filler. Test it out first, wouldn't want a chemical reaction to start between the foam or plastic and the new filler. You can make a pretty good foam filler that floats though a bit messy... with some Styrofoam bits and glue.. like you wood sawdust and wood glue.. come to think of that may work as well.

Guess I wouldn't really go out of my way on them... I'd probably leave them as is as long as they still float. But I'm sure there is a "right product" out there for them.

Good luck, let us know what works for you.

Mugz.
Mugzwump
hunter

Re: filler

Postby mudpack » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:09 pm

mudpack
hunter

Return to Duck Decoy Forum