javalina?

Chat about Arizona duck hunting and share useful tips for duck hunting in Arizona.

Moderator: LaRedneck

javalina?

Postby had » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:50 am

did anyone get a javalina this year? i have gotten 3 in past years all with my ruger 44 mag pistol, but i didn't go this year. i love hunting them, and they make great breakfast sausage!
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby AZ. Duckman » Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:41 pm

3 for 5 in the last 5 years. All 37b archery kills. This year I had a tag but spent more time chasing the rutting coues bucks in unit 21 and 22. Also made it out a few times in Jan and busted some quackers!!!
AZ. Duckman
hunter

Postby had » Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:18 pm

how did you do with the coues?
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby AZ. Duckman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:48 pm

Saw some good bucks and made a few stalks, the closest being 65 yards from a nice 3x3 with eyegaurds. He was chasing a doe around, when they were out of sight I would reposition hoping that they would come closer each time. After 20 min. or so they had moved to the other side of the hill. It was getting close to dark so I thought I would back out and return the next day and try to pick up where I left off. Did'nt see that buck again the rest of Jan. I think he might be one of the bucks I hunt in Sept. that hangs with a couple other nice deer (all 70" or more). Same antler structure and area. With all the rain, the desert is kicking out alot of nutrition for the deer. This is the year for a trophy!!!

Do you do much deer hunting had?
AZ. Duckman
hunter

Postby had » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:20 am

i used too. i used to hunt in 10, 36b and here locally for deer. i was so busy with deer javalina elk quail and ducks that between hunting and work i didn't have time for my wife and kids. all my days off of work were for hunting. so now i only bird hunt locally. i have never shot a buck :thumbsdown: so i'm sure i'll get back in it mabey after awhile.
had
hunter

Return to Arizona Duck Hunting