zink calls or tim grounds calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

zink calls or tim grounds calls

Postby OliverLee » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:11 pm

i'm gonna get a new goose call soon and i'm almost positive i'm gonna get a TG call but i just want some other advice on which brand is better in yalls opinions. thanks :smile:
OliverLee
hunter

Re: zink calls or tim grounds calls

Postby jrode237 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:28 am

Oliver, at some point the only "opinion" that should matter in finding the right call for YOU, is going to be your own. Nothing wrong with asking about guys experiences with certain brands and models but it would behoove you to try them out for yourself. On top of that, learning to tune the call to fit yourself and the way you present air into the call and want it to run/sound will have you ahead of 95% of callers out there. As to your original question......for the way I like a call to run and sound, Grounds hands down.
jrode237
hunter

Postby sowthpaw5 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:54 am

:ditto:

It's like buying a bow. People have their loyalties and there are lots of quality products out there. Go for something that suits you and you may want to consider customer service/warranty.

Try some calls at a store if you have one nearby. You could also try some of your friends' calls if that's possible.

For what it's worth, Zink has been great to deal with.
sowthpaw5
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:09 pm

I've never blown any Grounds calls. I've had a Zink Moneymaker for the last 5 or 6 years with stock black guts and I like it a lot. I would like to try the LM-1 or the COD but I really have not reason to. A lot of people don't like the size of the bell insert on the Zink calls but it doesn't bother me.
wjarrell
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Personally I prefer Grounds over the Zinks I have owned. Aside from grounds I like Big Seans calls( to be honest I like his guts more than the calls themselves). And from what seans said his guts are designed off of cluckers. The biggest thing I didn't like about the older zink calls where how the barrels fit in my hands, and his new calls I have not tried but I am not to big on all those flames and other engravings.

C&S also makes some good goose calls. I prefer his green big guts over the others he has to offer. I have also been told Mike may have something to do with zinks guts but that could be here say.

But after all my opinions I agree with Mr. Jrode. You gotta go try calls and learn how to set one up. You could order 5 ground g overhaulers and I bet they all sound and run slightly different out of the box. I have purchased 2 g overhaulers and both those were tuned worlds apart straight from Grounds.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby OliverLee » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:45 pm

sowthpaw5 wrote::ditto:

It's like buying a bow. People have their loyalties and there are lots of quality products out there. Go for something that suits you and you may want to consider customer service/warranty.

Try some calls at a store if you have one nearby. You could also try some of your friends' calls if that's possible.

For what it's worth, Zink has been great to deal with.

well i have already tried out a bunch of calls before at sporting goods stores and i am kinda new to calling but am a great caller and now almost every note. and you said to try some of my friends calls if possible. disapointingly only one of my friends blows calls all my other friends are not duck or goose hunters
OliverLee
hunter

Postby OliverLee » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:49 pm

wjarrell wrote:I've never blown any Grounds calls. I've had a Zink Moneymaker for the last 5 or 6 years with stock black guts and I like it a lot. I would like to try the LM-1 or the COD but I really have not reason to. A lot of people don't like the size of the bell insert on the Zink calls but it doesn't bother me.

yeah the moneymaker is a great call i used to have that call but it cracked so i sent it back to zink and got a COD both great calls
OliverLee
hunter

Postby wjarrell » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:27 pm

OliverLee wrote:
wjarrell wrote:I've never blown any Grounds calls. I've had a Zink Moneymaker for the last 5 or 6 years with stock black guts and I like it a lot. I would like to try the LM-1 or the COD but I really have not reason to. A lot of people don't like the size of the bell insert on the Zink calls but it doesn't bother me.

yeah the moneymaker is a great call i used to have that call but it cracked so i sent it back to zink and got a COD both great calls

I'm assuming that your cod came with the broke in guts. How do you like the broke in guts compared to the stock black guts?
wjarrell
hunter

Postby OliverLee » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:23 pm

koonce727 wrote:Personally I prefer Grounds over the Zinks I have owned. Aside from grounds I like Big Seans calls( to be honest I like his guts more than the calls themselves). And from what seans said his guts are designed off of cluckers. The biggest thing I didn't like about the older zink calls where how the barrels fit in my hands, and his new calls I have not tried but I am not to big on all those flames and other engravings.

C&S also makes some good goose calls. I prefer his green big guts over the others he has to offer. I have also been told Mike may have something to do with zinks guts but that could be here say.

But after all my opinions I agree with Mr. Jrode. You gotta go try calls and learn how to set one up. You could order 5 ground g overhaulers and I bet they all sound and run slightly different out of the box. I have purchased 2 g overhaulers and both those were tuned worlds apart straight from Grounds.

yeah you were saying you got the 2 G overhaulers and they were tuned different. and you were talking about learning to tune by your self. well your right every good goose caller should learn to tune to his/her own liking so tim probably just tunes the calls good enough and then lets you tune to your own liking
OliverLee
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum