Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 am

Image
dhunt
hunter
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm


Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:01 am

That is the ridiculous cherry picked picture of the day! :lol3:

Lets see 35% of Iraq veterans will suffer from PTSD. The number is a lot higher than that. The real issue it a matter of level of PTSD. Welcome to the reality of warfare. WWI and WWII Veterans came back with often far worse PTSD and managed to work, survive, and handle life just fine. This issue is very severely overplayed with a few notable exceptions.

If you have severe housing cost burden you are either stupid or below the poverty line. Which pretty much automatically puts them you below the poverty line.

The issue is not that 43% of veterans recieve food stamps, though that number is ridiculously inflated. It is that the Obomination in Chief is to incompetent and Congress bought off to deeply to make the changes needed to kick start the economy and make things work to create jobs.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 am

ScaupHunter wrote:That is the ridiculous cherry picked picture of the day! :lol3:

Lets see 35% of Iraq veterans will suffer from PTSD. The number is a lot higher than that. The real issue it a matter of level of PTSD. Welcome to the reality of warfare. WWI and WWII Veterans came back with often far worse PTSD and managed to work, survive, and handle life just fine. This issue is very severely overplayed with a few notable exceptions.

If you have severe housing cost burden you are either stupid or below the poverty line. Which pretty much automatically puts them you below the poverty line.

The issue is not that 43% of veterans recieve food stamps, though that number is ridiculously inflated. It is that the Obomination in Chief is to incompetent and Congress bought off to deeply to make the changes needed to kick start the economy and make things work to create jobs.


Riiiiiiiight, Democrats are "to incompetent" to create jobs.

Since 1961:
Democrat administrations = 42 million jobs created
Republican administrations = 24 million jobs created

1 out of every 3 homeless men you meet are veterans. Go talk to them. Ask them how they feel about food stamps.
dhunt
hunter
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:10 am

Speaking as a veteran and having experience with your incredibly shallow search skills and research abilities here, I have to say, your cherry picked numbers don't fly.

I served in Iraq as did two brothers, and 6 nephews. Of all the veterans I know all but a very few have jobs, work hard, and don't use food stamps. The few that are not working and successful are about 5% of the veterans I know. Your posted numbers are cherry picked and pointless.

Yes, a large number of homeless men are veterans, they choose that life. There are a large number of groups that offer help, jobs, and many forms of assistance to veterans. I donate time and significant sums of money every year to two of those organizations. The homeless veterans have chosen to respond to their personal issues by making themselves outcasts with no responsibility to anyone. Every last one was trained to be accountable, responsible, and to work hard. When they came home at some point they simply chose not to. If someone is not willing to take help, and is holding their hand out for freebies they are no better than a lifelong welfare slug who never did anything.

It is all about choice and taking responsibility for your life and decisions.
Last edited by ScaupHunter on Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:19 am

ScaupHunter wrote:Yes, a large number of homeless men are veterans, they choose that life.



You are a complete idiot. Go ask a homeless veteran whether they "choose that life", and I'll give it a 50/50 chance you get knocked out.

It's pretty obvious you've done zero work with the homeless. Your stupidity, arrogance, and utter disregard for the reality of homelessness among veterans is disgusting.
dhunt
hunter
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Duck_Stank » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:19 am

Scaup, that just makes entirely too much sense.
Master of Reality
User avatar
Duck_Stank
hunter
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Greenville, Pennsylvania

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby beretta24 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:15 am

dhunt wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Yes, a large number of homeless men are veterans, they choose that life.



You are a complete idiot. Go ask a homeless veteran whether they "choose that life", and I'll give it a 50/50 chance you get knocked out.

It's pretty obvious you've done zero work with the homeless. Your stupidity, arrogance, and utter disregard for the reality of homelessness among veterans is disgusting.

Share your experience with us, or does that take the fun out of trolling.
User avatar
beretta24
State Moderator
 
Posts: 5543
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: MN

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:39 am

Duck_Stank wrote:Scaup, that just makes entirely too much sense.



I hereby formally apologize for using logic, experience, and truth in the CI forum. It will never happen again. I am slowly putting my hands up and stepping away from the logic button!
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 am

dhunt wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Yes, a large number of homeless men are veterans, they choose that life.



You are a complete idiot. Go ask a homeless veteran whether they "choose that life", and I'll give it a 50/50 chance you get knocked out.

It's pretty obvious you've done zero work with the homeless. Your stupidity, arrogance, and utter disregard for the reality of homelessness among veterans is disgusting.



Lets call people names and appeal to emotion since we don't have anything to support out points. That is sure to win people over and support your argument. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby go get the bird » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:42 am

"55% of veterans with severe housing cost burden fall below the poverty level"

What does that even mean? 55% of the veterans who are stupid enough to buy a home they can't afford have fallen below the poverty line? :fingerhead:
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
User avatar
go get the bird
hunter
 
Posts: 3221
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:56 am

ScaupHunter wrote:
dhunt wrote:
ScaupHunter wrote:Yes, a large number of homeless men are veterans, they choose that life.



You are a complete idiot. Go ask a homeless veteran whether they "choose that life", and I'll give it a 50/50 chance you get knocked out.

It's pretty obvious you've done zero work with the homeless. Your stupidity, arrogance, and utter disregard for the reality of homelessness among veterans is disgusting.



Lets call people names and appeal to emotion since we don't have anything to support out points. That is sure to win people over and support your argument. :lol3:


No, seriously. Have you really ever --- ever --- talked to a homeless veteran? And they told you "I choose this life"? Because in the soup kitchens in my town, I've never heard a veteran say that, ever. I've heard a few homeless say that, there are some that enjoy the lifestyle, but not many, and zero veterans have said that to me. Most have PTSD, some other mental disorder, a drug addiction, etc. This is also why the suicide rate is so high among veterans: shitshow of support from other veterans and the general population who insanely think they "choose that life." What an idiotic thing to say.
dhunt
hunter
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:02 am

Lets be incredibly clear here. When asking the majority of criminals, people going through bankruptcy, or homeless people you will get about 5% that will be honest and say they made the decision. The rest will be in denial and make excuses. Your entire hypothesis on asking them and getting a real answer is a sad joke.

Get off the emotional hobby horse and take a good hard look at how squared away, hard working, timely, and punctual people end up homeless. It is through a series of decisions they make. No decision is a decision. A decision to not make the changes needed to improve things is a decision. The decision to give up on yourself and life is a decision. There are a million different reasons why people are homeless. It still all boils down to personal decisions and personal accountability.

A homeless veteran can tell me a million times they didn't choose that life. They are lying to me and to themselves and they know it full well. While I have sympathy for their life situation, I have exactly zero sympathy for those who blame others or want someone to feel bad for them. It is their choices that led them there. They know what it takes to succeed in life and have chosen for a variety of reasons not to do those things.

Somehow magically your gift of food service in the kitchens has made you psychic and all knowing of veterans and what they went and are going through? Not in this lifetime bub. The only way to know is to have walked in their combat boots. Those that served have a good idea, they still don't know the full truth of it for that veteran. Civilians are completely clueless!

While I applaud your service to others. I laugh at and mock your self deluded assessment of others, their situation, and your seemingly desperate appeal to a deep personal understanding of the minds and issues of veterans.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:09 am

So, your conclusion is "homeless veterans should go hungry, because food stamps are a handout." And your other assertion is that somewhere around 57,000 veterans are overwhelmingly lazy...it has nothing to do with PTSD, or any other mental issues related to combat, they're just lazy.

I hope you have nothing to do with the VA, or the armed services for that matter.
dhunt
hunter
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby dhunt » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:11 am

Also ---> about half of the homeless are employed. Again, you would know this if you ever spent time around homeless people.

Unfortunately it's pretty tough to afford housing and food when you make minimum wage.
dhunt
hunter
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby ScaupHunter » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:45 am

dhunt wrote:So, your conclusion is "homeless veterans should go hungry, because food stamps are a handout." And your other assertion is that somewhere around 57,000 veterans are overwhelmingly lazy...it has nothing to do with PTSD, or any other mental issues related to combat, they're just lazy.

I hope you have nothing to do with the VA, or the armed services for that matter.



We all know you have never had anything to do with any of them so your opinion on that is irrelevant. Nice try at reading into my words. We are not discussing end results we are discussing how they got there. Yet again the feeble effort to appeal to emotion.

No one said lazy. I hold that for third generation welfare slugs. This is about choices made and consequence reaped.

Oh, and for the intellectually challenged just exactly how are they starving? You work in the food kitchen do you not? By the way you can no longer call them food stamps. You have to call them snack food and edible underwear stamps / ebt cards. :thumbsup:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6503
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby assateague » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 pm

dhunt wrote:Also ---> about half of the homeless are employed. Again, you would know this if you ever spent time around homeless people.

Unfortunately it's pretty tough to afford housing and food when you make minimum wage.



Show me where the minimum wage's stated goal is to enable one to afford housing and food. I'll wait.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Nabs » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Minimum wage is $0.00, which is what an employee gets when his/her employer can no longer afford to meet the regulated pay and make a profit.
User avatar
Nabs
hunter
 
Posts: 732
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:35 pm

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby buckmeister » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:16 pm

I do not support food stamps for any American unless it is sponsored by the state. There is nothing in the constitution for the federal government to be involved in food stamps. Besides it being unconstitutional are nation is broke and simply cant afford it.
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:24 pm

dhunt wrote:So, your conclusion is "homeless veterans should go hungry, because food stamps are a handout." And your other assertion is that somewhere around 57,000 veterans are overwhelmingly lazy...it has nothing to do with PTSD, or any other mental issues related to combat, they're just lazy.

I hope you have nothing to do with the VA, or the armed services for that matter.

At least now they can buy some really nice lingerie.....well in Louisiana anyways..... :rolleyes:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56496
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:26 pm

And see, there are those past issues which have made you blind and colored your perceptions. Tell us about it, get it off your chest....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56496
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby TomKat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 pm

.[/quote]

Lets call people names and appeal to emotion since we don't have anything to support our points. That is sure to win people over and support your argument. :lol3:[/quote]

This is the typical route every liberal takes when confronted with logic and facts.

Scaup, why do you feed this troll?
Image
User avatar
TomKat
Dorothy
 
Posts: 11501
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am
Location: NE Kansas

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Gj325 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:45 pm

This says it all DHunt. Maybe you will agree

[url][URL=http://s757.photobucket.com/user/Gj325/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-03/B1FCC65B-6372-4788-BF15-9673572C3F69_zpszghuovxf.png.html]Image[/url][/url]
Gordon WPS
Gj325
hunter
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:47 pm

[quote="Gj325"]This says it all DHunt. Maybe you will agree

Image


FIFY..
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56496
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 pm

dhunt wrote:Also ---> about half of the homeless are employed. Again, you would know this if you ever spent time around homeless people.

Unfortunately it's pretty tough to afford housing and food when you make minimum wage.

The real minimum wage is and always will be $0. It's even harder to buy much when you make the true minimum.

If you worked 60 hours per week, at $7.25, that is $22,000 per year. It's pretty easy to afford food and housing on it. Get a room mate and the combined income is over $40k. Do you think 2 people cannot afford food and housing on that?

You want to say people shouldn't have to work 60 hours per week? Why not? There are years of my life that I worked more than that on average and lived on less and it wasn't that many years ago.

Now if you want to have kids, well, wait until you can afford those kids. if you can't make more than $5/hr, don't have kids. Wait until that working 60 hours per week moves you up the pay scale to the point where you can afford them. Anything else is just not being fair to your children.

And why on earth do we not let every state handle their own welfare in the way they see fit. This cannot be one size fits all in such a vast and diverse nation with such vast ranges of cost of living and other relevant factors in creating an effective and efficient social safety net.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 15930
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: Food Stamps - the main reason you should support

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 pm

dhunt, you have been found out. Hello whistlingwings.... :hi:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=353770&p=3492450#p3492450

I'm sure the C.I. regulars remember you. Say your goodbyes fellas because in about 24 hours dhunt will be banned. I'm delaying it because quite frankly I've enjoyed having him around...make it count dhunt/ww... :hi:

Post something stupid like your rants under whistlingwings and the banhammer will fall quickly.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56496
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests