How to post pictures - a guide

If you have any DHC SITE, FORUMS, or LOGGING IN issues or general computer problems, please post them here.

Re: How to post pictures - a guide

Postby KAhunter » Tue May 03, 2011 1:59 pm

i got it
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 pm

I'm gonna try this....
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby dpshack » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:23 pm

test
Attachments
15 ft Dory.jpg
dpshack
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 am

bump
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby Humpbackshooter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:33 pm

test shot
Attachments
2 lbs .1.jpg
Humpbackshooter
hunter

Postby On_A_Rope » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:48 pm

duck calls 19.jpg
On_A_Rope
hunter

Postby Maxus 74 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:10 am

Test.

Bang, Bang, Bang

Maxus 74
Maxus 74
Newb

Postby Dave in AZ » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:02 pm

Uploading pictures to DHC from your computer doesn't work like this thread shows, anymore.
Now there is no resizing or rotating option, and the site looks for file parameters and just rejects it if you're over.
It then gives you a bogusly worded message with min and max pixel sizes, except they all say "0" except your offending parameter.

It also appears to have a 1M upload limit, and DOES NOT resize things.

Lastly, when you display the page, the pictures that are within the size limits show up inside a window with sliders to scroll around and see the whole image, which is a total pain... you THEN while viewing the page must click each picture ONCE, and it will replace the sliders with full size image.

Basically all iphone and android phones now take pictures waaay to large for upload, you have to open each one in some image editor first and crop, resize, compress to get picture under (I think) 640x480 pixels and 1Meg.
Dave in AZ
hunter

Postby forumadmin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:29 am

You mean you can't attach images from the computer? I'll need to confirm this before I send this is. What steps are you guys taking?

You can still use bb codes.

Lee
forumadmin
hunter

Postby Dave in AZ » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:15 pm

sure you can attach pics from a computer, I just did 10 or so.
However, exactly as I put in details in above post-- it' doesn't work like this thread says it does. The options for resizing are not there anymore in the site itself, you have to do it all in some exterior image editor which hugely increases the time.

Here's what you need to do as the site admin:
1. PUBLISH the correct limitations on what this forum is set up to accept for images without giving a "rejection notice" after trying... what pixel size x and y, and what total size.
2. Publish any info on how images are displayed in sub windows with slider toggles, and what size we need to upload (if forum doesn't resize, which it doesn't seem to) to allow image to display WITHOUT slider toggles, just as a straight pic that fits on the page.

Basically I posted so that folks don't waste their time trying to follow this guide, which is no longer accurate. I didn't have time to take screenshots showing how it ACTUALLY works; maybe later I will.
Thx!
Dave
Dave in AZ
hunter

Postby 207sportsman » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:22 pm

207sportsman
hunter

Postby forumadmin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:51 am

Hey there,

From what I can see in the admin panel, there isn't a way to not reject invalid images however I can tell you that there's no dimension size limits but the thumbnail is set to 650 x 650 pixels.

The size limit is: 22000 bytes
I can extend that granted that the mods are okay with it.
As for size type, I usually stay with jpg just because png and other files might not translate as smoothly when uploaded.

Lee
Attachments
CYMERA_20150402_115911.jpg
forumadmin
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:16 am

I know with my camera on my phone, it is still like 2.3 MB per picture taken, so we might need to up the size limit, 22000 bytes is like 2.2 MB correct?
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!

Even duct tape can't fix stupid ... but it can muffle the sound!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Dave in AZ » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:36 pm

No, it's 22kb man. However, I posted a few picks yesterday and the software told me there was a size limit of 1.1MB or so... it was bigger than 1 meg, which is really plenty. You just have to set your phone to take less high Def pictures, it's a good compromise from the forum for file size vs. user ease-- thanks guys! Anything more than 1.1 meg or so isn't needed, just makes pictures cover 3 or 4 pages.

Heres a tip I use: take a picture, then EMAIL it to yourself on your phone! The email program asks you what size, you say 400k or less, or 640x480 pixels or less if it asks you that. Then you post THAT received picture, it's a quick way to resize and takes just a few seconds. I now find it easier to email a picture to myself and make a quick post on my phone to upload the picture. Then go back and edit in all my text on either the phone or the computer.
Dave in AZ
hunter

Previous

Return to Duckhuntingchat.com Site Issues Forum