Duck Hunting Forum banner

duckin in the rain

749 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  stevez 
#1 ·
any body go out this morning? i decided to give it a shot and ended up getting a hen woodie. but there was alot of birds flying this morning. ps-we NEED the rain!

#2 ·
I went out Tuesday evening in the steady rain. Floated in my burlap covered canoe as it slowly filled with water. Got totally soaked except where my poncho barely covered.

Suddenly there was a break in the weather and a bald eagle landed in the treeline. 12 deer emerged from the woods and moved down to the waters edge to drink. And, to top it all off, 2 mallards dropped in to my little decoy spread where I somehow managed to get them both!

I wish everyone could have a rainy day hunt like I had

#3 ·
We took 2 boys out today for youth day in the coastal, 5 mins after shoot time, 2 hen buffs dropped right in , they each got one, lots of blacks and mallards flying, but wouldnt give the deeks a second look, also saw a lot of brant, probably 400 or so, they did get a few shots, but missed, and they also had a shot at a few geese, they didnt hit much, but they still had a ball, and they both took the buffs in the air, so they were very proud of that, all in all a great day, rain and all, pics up tomorow. Hey steve, nice hunt. no pics???, but seeing all that other wildlife is great isnt it? , we saw a bald eagle last week up the gap, my sons first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.