Your motorcycle

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: Your motorcycle

Postby goldfish » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:26 am

I've never understood the "I won't ride a bike after seeing my friend go down" thought. Did they love to ride? Do you think they would want you to stop in their account?

I've personally known 2 guys who lost their life, and friends of friends it's at least 5, while riding. They all would be mad if anyone stopped on their account. Out of my close friends who ride, we've all crashed. Some worse than others, but all the same the bikes hit the ground. Everyone has gotten back on that horse and not let it get the best of them.

Here's Ol' Blue
uploadfromtaptalk1396628804079.jpg

Sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:37 am

YZFs are pretty sweet. I like the Yamaha blue look.

Not sure what happened to the color on mine... probably fat fingered something. :fingerhead:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:46 pm

I don't trust my self enough to get a sport bike. I would kill myself for sure.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:01 pm

That's why I sold this ROCKET to my friend, and bought a cruiser...Image

He put the juice can on her...

Effing fast...

Sent from my iPhone while going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Blew the last pic

Sent from my iPhone while going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby TXducksanddeer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 pm

My dad has been working on a Vincent black shadow for years. He also has a Ducati and Honda.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby xrated » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:39 pm

I'll play.

1986 or 87( I can't ever recall but the parts are the same so I don't worry) Yamaha Fazer 700. She looks old and abused and is old and been down a few times, once with me. It looks old, and then factor in me in all my gear including a back pack to haul my work clothes and lunch in, well it don't look like much when some young sport bike rider in their official sport bike outfit of tank top, shorts, shoes with low socks and backwards hat with helmet hanging from the holder pulls up next to me at a light. I'm sure it still doesn't look like much when they pull up next to me again.

Learned to crash on this first. And it paid off when I hit a deer just a few weeks after getting my endorsement. Never again if I can help it will I ride before sunrise or at dusk. Walked away with only a few spots of road rash and a sprained ankle but I have no desire to lay it down again if I can help it.

I don't know about others and I am biased but I think the naked 80s Jap bikes are down right sexy in a mean looking way. Another reason I love this bike is that in a town of 100k I have never seen another. And when talking with other people who ride it takes a very serious bike guy to know what I am talking about when I say I ride a Fazer, and well even fewer Harley guys.
Run What Ya Brung
xrated
hunter

Postby goldfish » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:54 am

Holy stickers gunny! Lol.

If I heard someone say they ride a fazer, I'd assume I heard fizzer aka an fzr. Not a bad looking bike.

And not all of us rocket riders sport the beater and flip flops, lol.

Sent from a phancy fone
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:33 am

Sometimes a guy thinks something looks cool... :oops:

Then they get a clue. I thought stickers made it fast. Turns out the Hayabusa is a fast effing bike to begin with... No stickers needed. :lol3:

That thing is strait dangerous now that she is sporting Go Juice...

Stupid fast...

I'll stick with cruisers at this point.

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:06 am

Probably not what you had in mind, but all I've got, and all I need. This is my minicycle that I mount in my trailer that accompanies me to Canada every year. I use it to travel back to the field after setting the dekes and blinds and parking the trailer, cover it during the hunt, then motor back to the truck and trailer, load it back up and then drive in to pick up the carnage and spread. Saves this old bag of bones lots of walking that's no fun anymore!

Click on image to enlarge

Baja Heat
PICT3017.1.jpg
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby xrated » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:23 am

Yeah goldfish not many guys know what it is. Heck I called a dealer to order a brake lever and told them it was for a Fazer, "huh we don't sell snowmobiles".

And I know not all sport bike guys wear shorts....but it is kinda like joking about Harleys leaking oil and all being ridden by middle aged white collar guys!
all

I'd love to get another bike or two. If I lived close to a track I'd get a sport bike, thing is I don't have what it takes to ride it like it should be ridden on a highway...I'd be more worried about the center line and what was coming.

Next bike will be a metric cruiser. Need something that will be more comfortable for the wife to ride on. Can't double on the Fazer for long before it gets uncomfortable.
Run What Ya Brung
xrated
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 am

Figured I should revamp this thread with my new bike! finally pulled the trigger on a 2014 Harley street bob! charcoal pearl with the 103ci/ six speed combo! runs AWESOME! :grooving: :yes:

Had to remove those stupid reflectors on the rear fender!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:47 am

xrated wrote:I'll play.
I don't know about others and I am biased but I think the naked 80s Jap bikes are down right sexy in a mean looking way. Another reason I love this bike is that in a town of 100k I have never seen another. And when talking with other people who ride it takes a very serious bike guy to know what I am talking about when I say I ride a Fazer, and well even fewer Harley guys.

agreed, if i had my pick ( and the cash ) id be riding one of yamahas fz series. Ill wait a few years untill theres an fz09 or 07 up on craigslist for a decent price. That or a vmax
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:53 am

Not mine but dad bought a honda cb900 a couple years back. something cheap so he could turn it into a trike. Ended up selling it to my uncle (bc mom didnt approve) who had it done up in a robins egg blue. will add in pics once i get them
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:00 am

DuckManClyde wrote:Not mine but dad bought a honda cb900 a couple years back. something cheap so he could turn it into a trike. Ended up selling it to my uncle (bc mom didnt approve) who had it done up in a robins egg blue. will add in pics once i get them

I see a running trend with your mother.

Ever think of snuffing her?
t_baker
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:05 am

2001 Shadow Spirit 750, 13k miles.
In the shop at the moment due to a cooling issue, googled it and checked everything my limited engine skills allowed, couldn't find anything wrong. They did replace a sensor that went bad, double checked it again and apparently something else is wrong that they are trying to figure out. Kinda frustrating....I bought a Shadow because of their bulletproof reputation, I changed/checked all the fluids when I got it, spark plugs, fuel filter. Ran perfect for a few hundred miles since I got it, then the hot light started coming on about 5-10 miles into a ride. Hopefully this is the only issue I have with it for a long time.
Last edited by shoveler_shooter on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
UmatillaJeff wrote:By his very nature this tends to be a modest man who is loved by woman, children and dogs and well though of in all social circles.
We will call him the 10ga man
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby bighop » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:06 am

t_baker wrote:
DuckManClyde wrote:Not mine but dad bought a honda cb900 a couple years back. something cheap so he could turn it into a trike. Ended up selling it to my uncle (bc mom didnt approve) who had it done up in a robins egg blue. will add in pics once i get them

Better define that before you create another Oedipus over there....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby t_baker » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:53 am

bighop wrote:
t_baker wrote:

Digging a hole in the woods. Put her in, cover with dirt.
t_baker
hunter

Postby DixieDawg » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:39 pm

uploadfromtaptalk1405881546693.jpg
DixieDawg
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:06 pm

bighop wrote:
t_baker wrote:

gross...
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:06 am

Hopefully pulling the trigger soon. Image
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:21 am

That's pretty sweet KK!

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:38 am

Can't wait for it!
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 am

I'm sure. Doing any mods after you get it?

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 am

Not sure yet. Ol' man has 2000 HD Road King with 1,800 miles that has sat for the last seven years. It's between the two at the moment.
KillerKowalski
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole