need help from the CI crew

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Re: need help from the CI crew

Postby assateague » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:50 am

Glad to see "everyone gets a trophy" is alive and well.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby TomKat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:51 am

beretta24 wrote:Well first, I don't think smoking, whether a joint or otherwise, was particularly frowned upon in the timeframe in which Jim was born, nor did I explicitly say I thought it was a bad thing.

All that aside, he's stated worse to me in PMs without me taking offense so I honestly didn't see my comments as crossing the proverbial line he chose to draw in the sand this time.

Intentional or not, you did insult GJ. Apology is in order, me thinks.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby ohioboy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:58 am

assateague wrote:Glad to see "everyone gets a trophy" is alive and well.

no. just looking for a name that they can identify with, and in a positive, but realistic way.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:44 am

TomKat wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Well first, I don't think smoking, whether a joint or otherwise, was particularly frowned upon in the timeframe in which Jim was born, nor did I explicitly say I thought it was a bad thing.

All that aside, he's stated worse to me in PMs without me taking offense so I honestly didn't see my comments as crossing the proverbial line he chose to draw in the sand this time.

Intentional or not, you did insult GJ. Apology is in order, me thinks.

He did, Tommy. It's all water under the bridge at this point, with absolutely no hard feelings from me. But thanks, my friend!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:58 am

assateague wrote:Glad to see "everyone gets a trophy" is alive and well.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think that is ohio's point, at, to simply reward without regard for merit. I think that he is trying to find a method of bonding both the kids amongst themselves and the kids with productive society. The desire to bond certainly works in the formation of gangs by establishing alternate "families" that many of these kids don't have, and offering the promise of success through whatever nefarious means the peer group decides. Why would it not work in establishing positive groups with a desire to gain respectability through self-reliance, ambition, healthy competition and the acceptance and respect of those with quite obviously healthier, happier, more satisfying lives? I think if you gave them a taste, they would suddenly find themselves starving for more.
Jeez, at, didn't you watch "Trading Places"? That was based on a hypothetical true story, they say! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum