snow goose recipe 2 die 4

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

snow goose recipe 2 die 4

Postby vital_kill » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:52 am

Everyone has been having issues with cooking snow goose. I am from asian decent and with this recipe it should cure your bad habits about not eating your kill of snow goose.

RED CURRY GOOSE

2 lbs diced bite size Snow Goose Meat
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Tablespoon mashed ginger
1 sliced shallot
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon thai red curry
1 cup coconut milk
mix vegtables of snow peas, baby corn, and bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Lime wedges
salt to taste

In a large pan, add oil and turn burner to high. Add your goose meat, garlic, ginger, salt and shallot together and stir til the meat is cooked around. Turn burner to medium and add Curry paste and mixed vegetables. After 2 minutes, add coconut milk and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add your cilantro and green onions at last minute and then squeeze lime wedges to taste. Serve over steamed jasmine rice or brown rice.
vital_kill
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:04 pm

thanks. I sometimes do Kung Pao (sp?) duck or goose. also duck/goose/or pheasant stroganoff.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby duckjumper » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Vital_Kill, your recipe sounds very Thai - is it? Looks like a decent red curry. My only suggestion is this: Instead of dicing the goose, take the breast and slice it lengthwise into 1/4 inch cutlets. Then pound the cutlets between two pieces of wax paper until they are pretty thin. Cut the cutlets into bite sized pieces and do your recipe as you wrote it.

Why go through this trouble? You will probably not be able to tell the snow goose isn't beef, AND it will be meltingly tender...

My $0.02

d.j.
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Postby vital_kill » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:49 am

DJ, your idea will work for this recipe! Yes it's thai. Sorry, I meant diced the goose breast. Oh and on older tough goose, I do recommend your way of tenderizing the meat with wax paper and hammer. But I always get the dumb young goose so....hehe. There's two more ingredients that would greatly improve the taste but I left it out because it's hard to find unless you have little saigon or chinatown nearby. It's Thai Basil and Kaffir Lime Leaves, heck even I can't find it!
vital_kill
hunter

Postby duckjumper » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Are you in California? Both ingredients are really easy to find around Sacramento. And you can use regular lime leaves, too. Thai basil gets tough to find in winter, but cilantro will do over the winter months.
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking