NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby Einstein » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 pm

From Eastern NC, but currently reside Piedmont, NC. Mostly hunt flooded timber and rivers. Currently shooting a Stoeger 2000 that cycles like a dream. This past year was my first season hunting, by the Grace of God I had a friend who took me out and I was hooked. I don't ever plan on looking back. I look forward to chatting and learning with you guys.
Einstein says: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Check out my build:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=465930
Einstein
hunter

Postby aTrueOkie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 am

Wutsup yall. My name is James Im 19, live here in Oklahoma and am an avid outdoorsman. Duck hunting in particular, is my favorite type game to hunt. It's awesome duck hunting forum!
aTrueOkie
hunter

Postby caliduckslayer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 pm

im josh 23 from ca I have hunted since I was 10 mostly upland and big game but occasional ducks last few years have focused more on waterfowl only person in my family who hunts have learned everything I know from books online and experiences of my own I usually hunt alone since nearly noone I know hunts I have a retired lab and my current hunter that is also a yellow lab I drive a 4x4 trd tacoma I use a bgb and now a banded fat brother for ducks and a g3 for geese im learning on I hunt public sloughs rivers and a private pond hunting is my obsession I was shooting a 870 but after getting the nova I wont go back this site seems cool lots of good info
caliduckslayer
hunter

Postby LOSTDUCKHUNTER1970 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi yall, I've been Deer hunting all my life I'm 42 now and tried Duck hunting last year "WOW" why didn't I find this sooner. It was 2 guided hunt's and it was a blast. I can't afford to do that alot and all i find for duck leases's is 1500.00 a year and up can't really afford that either we only pay 700.00 a year for deer and been on that lease 40 yr's "dad and older brother" I was going at age 6. And I've heard public land hunting sux so what's a guy to do ? I don't think I have family that have huntable land eiher.
Suggestion's ??? :help:
LOSTDUCKHUNTER1970
hunter

Postby HobuckenHillbilly » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 am

Morning: Everybody calls me Fender, even my wife. I joined your site a week or so back. I have killed my share of turkeys and doves and deer but I'll tell ya I am green on the duck hunting end. Living in the mountains of NC, ducks were just never introduced to me as a kid so I never pursued hunting them. Now at 58 it has definitely sparked my interest. Traded my Silver Piegon III for a Beretta_A400_Xtreme_Unico_ and have made a couple nice jerk strings. Gonna retire in a couple years from teaching a high school carpentry class .Bought 21 acres an old house to fix up, built in 1902 but still pretty nice close to some great duck hunting. A little place called Hobucken NC on Goose Creek Island. Has a few deer and bear on it and a couple ditches/small drainage canals that I think I might be able to pull water from and flood one wooded area but that may or may not work at all. I am sure there are ducks flying over it but getting them to drop in may be another story. Hunts out on the point are draw hunts, heard some shooting when I was down there in Dec. From what I read it has it's good days and bad days. Time will tell. Nice chat page ya'll have here. I enjoy reading you posts. Thanks, Fender
HobuckenHillbilly
Newb

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:33 am

:welcome: To all the new members post up in the HH so we can get to know you :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby deaddownrange » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Hello, I'm James and new to the site. I live in west central Minnesota. I started duck hunting when I was 12 and have been hooked ever since. I prefer late season diver hunts on big bodies of water including lakes like Mille Lacs but will also hunt early season mainly so my boys can get out. I have a yellow lab named morgan that was a rescue and is now almost 3 years old. She is a machine in the water and a joy to watch.
deaddownrange
hunter

Postby HG88 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 am

Hi. My name is Steven and I'm a duck hunter.
HG88
hunter

Postby afata1 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Hey Everybody,

My Name is anthony, and i am 23 years old. I grew up on long Island, New York where i still live today. I have Duck hunted for about 4 years now. I am still learning, there is no doubt about that. I also am having alot of trouble finding a good place to hunt where i am not bothering anyone and can be there legally. I grew up hunting the island with my father, mostly whitetail deer for the fall season and then fishing of all sorts during the warmer months. Buddy of mine owns a nice peice of land off of sound ave where we goose hunt often as well in the fields. Geese enjoy flaring on us and making our lives miserable. With that said i enjoy every Min of every day i get to go out. Hooked on quack for sure.
Cutt Em!!!!
afata1
Newb

Postby triplecurl » Tue May 07, 2013 3:31 pm

:welcome: Be sure to check out the Honey Hole and post away.
Last night, I dreamed that I killed all the saggers, all the swaggers, and all of their duckface girlfriends...

It was called: The Yolocaust.
triplecurl
hunter

Postby krt » Thu May 09, 2013 5:31 pm

looking for some ideas on putting a fuel tank in the bow of a 2005 lund 1648M riveted haul

I am from washington state and hunt the skagit

fish the rest of the year
krt
Newb

Postby carsoncoates » Wed May 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Whats up guys Im Carson, Im in Washington State so if anyone wants to go hunt sometime let me know, were always looking for more huntin buddies!
carsoncoates
Newb

Postby Cut'em1985 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 am

Hey, I'm Alex and was born and raised in SW Ohio. I was the first generation born in Ohio, the rest of my family is from Eastern KY. Needless to say, I started bow hunting white tail deer when I was around 5 years old and have been hunting just about anything since then for 23 years now. I really didn't get into waterfowl until I met my beautiful, very understanding, Louisiana wife about 4 years ago. Her family and some of their friends got me reacquainted with waterfowl hunting and am now a full blown addict! The job I have relocated me from Cincinnati, OH (not so much duck/goose hunting) to Dallas, TX (A little more area for waterfowl). Now, I can really let my addiction to waterfowl hunting go full blown! I still bow hunt deer, but it has really gotten a lot less often. But, I still think I'm a rookie when it comes to duck hunting and love learning new tricks and areas to hunt. I'm actually looking for some good spots in the Dallas area, so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions!
Protect your hunting rights, Spay, or neuter a liberal.
Cut'em1985
hunter

Postby Tim Terrell » Mon May 27, 2013 8:43 pm

A hearty "Hoosier Hello" from Bloomington, Indiana.
I'm a native of this state/town, and mostly hunt within the county, but I sometimes travel within the state. (I've only hunted outside of Indiana once in my life.) Next birthday will be #59 and this October I'll celebrate 30 years service with Indiana University.
I share my house with a 13yr old chesapeake that hasn't been able to hunt since she was nine. It's been so long since I've hunted with my pal I've almost forgotten what it's like to share crackers and peanut butter.
I love hunting birds, wading a marsh and setting decoys. I love shotguns with wooden stocks and forearms, and stories about hunters and their dogs. I love the sound of a flock of teal tearing through my decoy-spread... and the sound goose-wings make when they are right in your face. I love the smell of freshly fired shells and a wet duck-dog. I spend all my money on duck hunting gear, guns and dogs, women and liquor. The rest... I just waste.
--Tim
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby swarrick » Wed May 29, 2013 7:11 pm

My name is Scott I live in Murfreesboro Tennessee. I have been duck hunting for 4 years. I have a few private hole I hunt with a great group of guys and gals. I just got a 16x70 alumincraft and can't wait to get it on the water. I have been married to my best friend for 2 years her name is Cindy we have 3 kids and one grand daughter on the way, we just bought a new to us house that's 5 miles either way to a boat ramp whew life is good thank you God you have blessed us.
swarrick
Newb

Postby COYOTE JLR » Fri May 31, 2013 1:03 am

Howdy folks! I found this site earlier today and got hooked trying to read through everything. So, here I am. Hoping to get started here on the right foot; I know that every forum has it's own flow and feel and rules to it.

My name is Jacob, I'm 22 years old and have been married for almost a year and a half to the most wonderful woman I could have ever asked for. She's going to be taking her hunter's safety course this summer and plans on joining me occasionally when I go out duck hunting. I started as a volunteer firefighter/EMT last fall and I'm working toward fire service/paramedic as a career. In the mean time I'm a baker and a barista for a small family owned coffee shop. My wife and I have got a couple of cats and, because we are young and stupid, we also have a puppy that is about 30 inches at the shoulder. Anatolian Shepherd/Great Pyrenees mix, so I don't know if she'll ever be a hunter, but we love her dearly nonetheless.

It was duck hunting that actually got me interested in hunting, and shooting in general, when I was a kid, but this year was the first time I ever managed to get out. The magazines I read as a kid talking about putting out massive spreads and the cost of getting started turned me off for a long while and made me think that it was something that I'd just have to wait to do until I was making some better money. A buddy of mine finally asked me out this year and I got hooked and then ended up going out with my father in law as often as I could for the rest of the season. I had an absolute ball and can't wait to get out and do more. I'm limited in what I have, a few dozen 2nd hand decoys and waders that don't fit as well as I'd like, but I managed to find some decent spots to hunt and had a ton of fun going out just on my own some times. My best days were with a half dozen decoys and an improvised jerk string without using a call. There's a ton more for me to learn and I'm hoping to be as prepared as I can be come the 2013 hunting season.
COYOTE JLR
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:31 am

Welcome Wile :thumbsup: You ever catch that damn road runner?
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby COYOTE JLR » Fri May 31, 2013 10:41 am

Cujo1 wrote:Welcome Wile :thumbsup: You ever catch that damn road runner?

Thanks! Ha ha ha. No, though I do call my dog Cujo when she's being particularly naughty.
COYOTE JLR
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:13 pm

Greetings from down under.
great site to hang out on and good bunch of folks to chat with you lot have made me feel welcome thank you.
41 married 2 kids 1 Dawg (cocker)
shoot/hunt red deer .chammy.pigs and thar if we bump into them,have shot loads of wallabies rabbits and possoms (cat sized and furry not those over sized rats you lot have)
target mallards and parrie ducks and jump shoot the odd giant canadian goose too..you got to love the look on their face when you jump up from behind a low ditch wall at 15 yards and start into them with the pump!!!!
trout fish with the family when we get the time. been hunting since I was old enough to walk along with Dad and big Bro.
have a 13' fryan dingy with a 8hp merc to get around in.
drive a fert truck to earn our keep.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby deliriousII » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:54 am

hello all..

My name is Kevin and I am from southeast LA (Kenner/St. Rose). I am 31 years old. I am in the process of becoming a member of Bayou Traverse hunting club (St. Rose, LA) and have been working my tail off to achieve this goal! I have been hunting with this club as a guest for three years now due to a buddy being a member and have made almost every work detail in this time. Last year Hurricane Issac screwed the camp up big time and we got it rebuilt in the 8 weeks before opening of big duck season replacing everything lower than 4 foot all the way around the camp. It was a daunting task as you can only get to our camp by boat.

I have been reading a lot on this forum and have gained a whole bunch of knowledge and helpful tips for this upcoming season. I primarily duck hunt and like to learn as much as I can to make it all that much more enjoyable.

I just made my first serious duck hunting purchase....Bennelli SBEII Max4
Have a flatboat and trailer lined up and saving for a go devil motor to put on it

CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!!
quack addict
deliriousII
hunter

Postby TheLastCall » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey,

My names Patrick. I live in New Brunswick, Canada. Im 27 years old. I'm fairly new to duck hunting, I've been hunting ducks for 1 full season now and I love it. I want to learn more and get better at the sport, so I figured I could learn a lot from members on here. I'm not new to hunting I've been hunting for 10 years, moose, deer, grouse, rabbit. I grew up on a lake so I feel comfortable around boats and canoes. I can't wait to join in some conversations and learn from others.
TheLastCall
Newb

Postby Ksch97 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 am

Hello,
My name is Koby, I am 35yrs old from northern Michigan, never duck hunted, I love to hunt, I figured I would try to get into duck hunting. I was going to get into a couple of years ago I bought a stoeger 12g, I ended up selling it last spring because I thought I would never use it. The guy I ess going to hunt with we never went out. Then I met someone else who wants to duck hunt. So now I am looking to purchase a new gun. I am thinking the stoeger m3500.
That is a little on my duck hunting history. I love the outdoors, I have a 2yr old chocolate lab. I have trained very little. I plan to stay working with her more. I have to do some scouting and reading of the rules and regs as to where to hunt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Ksch97
hunter

Postby hdhntr30 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey I'm Levi I have quite a bit of waterfowl experience, sad point is I have never made it to salt lake area always hunted Utah lake area. Season 2013 will be the time that I make it up there, I shoot a Remington 870 express with a pattern master, I have a 3+ dozen decoy spread and pride myself in getting birds in to the decoys when no one else can. I enjoy the outdoors and would love some advice on walk in area's of farmington bay seems to be one of the places to go from what I hear down in Utah county. I live in west jordan now and would love a better place to hunt as well as better people to hunt with!!! most of my buddies say they will come but I wait for them to show and end up walking the march alone and hunting alone but would love some good hunting buddies in the salt lake area.... hit me up if you would like share some info and exchange some knowledge and maybe go out hunting together. :biggrin:
hdhntr30
Newb

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:01 pm

hdhntr30 wrote:Hey I'm Levi I have quite a bit of waterfowl experience, sad point is I have never made it to salt lake area always hunted Utah lake area. Season 2013 will be the time that I make it up there, I shoot a Remington 870 express with a pattern master, I have a 3+ dozen decoy spread and pride myself in getting birds in to the decoys when no one else can. I enjoy the outdoors and would love some advice on walk in area's of farmington bay seems to be one of the places to go from what I hear down in Utah county. I live in west jordan now and would love a better place to hunt as well as better people to hunt with!!! most of my buddies say they will come but I wait for them to show and end up walking the march alone and hunting alone but would love some good hunting buddies in the salt lake area.... hit me up if you would like share some info and exchange some knowledge and maybe go out hunting together. :biggrin:

Sorry. You don't fit and are kind of scary. You'd do much better by yourself not trying to interact with others.

Just kidding! Good on ya brother! If I was in the Utah area I would look you up. If you ever make it to No Cal get in touch. :welcome:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby AdmiralB » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Hello from Milwaukee. I joined up primarily in hopes of finding a hunting partner, or partners, in S.E. Wisconsin. It's been a long time since I've been duck hunting, as my huntilng buddy moved away. At age 70, I'm hesitant about going out alone. I have a Lab, a 12 gauge and a dozen decoys, and may have access both to a john-boat and a place to stay in N.E. Wisconsin north of Rice Lake. What I don't have is someone to hunt with. As a retired Milwaukee A.D.A. on State pension, I'm not a wealthy man, and hiring a guide is out of the question. I started duck hunting on the Chesapeake Bay with my late brother-in-law in the early '70's, and continued on the backwaters of the Wisconsin River, Horicon, and Bong in Kenosha County into the early '90's. It's been dry since then. I am fluent in "mallard". I long to be in a blind as the dawn first appears on a frosty late-October morning, with decoys out, the Lab eager and the birds starting to appear on the horizon. What say you?
AdmiralB
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole