@jaysweet...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

@jaysweet...

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:50 am

push bracket for the Indacamp...
hooked up to the camp:

boat side where it sits on the bow

side view

front view where it docks to the camp

back of camp

underside

the bracket is not necessary if you are pushing in slack water, but it does keep the boat from sliding left or right, up or down by design. you could just use the push plate as pictured on the back of the camp and put the point of the boat between the vertical 4x4's...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: @jaysweet...

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Thank you. Giving me some ideas.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:16 pm

there is a turn buckle on the bottom of the push bracket which attaches to the eye on the bow of the boat. The ratchet straps pull the top back and hold tension against the turn buckle...just adjust until it is perpendicular from the top deck of the boat.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby jaysweet3 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:50 am

I'm still thinking about this design. I'm not pushing anywhere near the weight or distance you fellas are. Don't need to be as beefy.

My Jon is flat across the bow. If I'm remembering correctly, I have a cleat on either side about three or four feet back. I should be able to put a couple eyes on the blind to hook straps too. Then fashion some kind of a lip to get the bow under. Not sure if that'll be enough.
The road to diabetes will be sweet.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby QH's Paw » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:48 am

Swamp, I'm just curious, do you put your camp in and out of the marsh each season? Also, is there another vessel involved when you navigate the camp. It seems like you would have to have someone watching ahead for debris and clearance.
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm

QH's Paw wrote:Swamp, I'm just curious, do you put your camp in and out of the marsh each season?

Yes, in and out of the water each season. The camp is on a 8' X 28' party barge, and we added an extra pontoon in the middle. ~12,000 lbs. of floatation. We put it on a double axle trailer beefed up to handle the weight. Camp weighs approx. 5,500 lbs. With the constant threat of hurricanes in the summertime, it is much better for us to haul it back and forth each season; plus, when we need to address the annual punch list of things to fix/upgrade- the camp is 5 minutes away at our buddies house parked under a shady oak in his field. :thumbsup: No need to load a boat with supplies and drive to a remote location to work on it. round trip it costs us about $350 each season to move it there to hunt and back; that's all the gas in the vehicles and boat...two trucks and one boat.

Also, is there another vessel involved when you navigate the camp. It seems like you would have to have someone watching ahead for debris and clearance.

We usually team up with our buddy and bring/pick up the camps together. That did not happen this year though. It's good to have the extra help and extra boats.
Though it is not really necessary. Woods and I could pack up and un-moor the camp ourselves if we had to. Once underway, someone rides in a chair on the deck to lookout of floating debris and we can swap out/communicate through the open window in back of the camp. Debris is more of an issue in the spring than in the fall on the river.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:I'm still thinking about this design. I'm not pushing anywhere near the weight or distance you fellas are. Don't need to be as beefy.

My Jon is flat across the bow. If I'm remembering correctly, I have a cleat on either side about three or four feet back. I should be able to put a couple eyes on the blind to hook straps too. Then fashion some kind of a lip to get the bow under. Not sure if that'll be enough.

flat front jon boat would be easy to push with. just need something to keep the bow from sliding up or down, then ratchet strap in on either side. I recommend making the attachment point on your boat as far back as possible and near the motor for leverage against torque when turning.

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to The Honey Hole