wader sizing

Share you waterfowl hunting gear tips and questions here. Including blinds, camo, clothing, etc... For decoys and calls, please see the other appropriate forums for that type of genre, Thanks.

Moderators: Smackaduck, HENDU3270, donell67, Quack Wacker NC

wader sizing

Postby kcwellington » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:35 am

past season tore whole in my waders. i had lacroose swamp tuffs. either i have lost weight or they changed the way they size. way too big. i am 5'10 170lb wear a size 10 boot. any suggestions?
kcwellington
hunter

Re: wader sizing

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:50 am

I had the same thing happen....in the old days, the boot dictated the body of the wader....now they are cutting them like jeans...baggy cut, straight leg, etc....they have also added the "inseam" measurement to the order...
I would ask ask ask the operator on the phone a lot of question and then be clear on the return policy....maybe order 2 and keep the better one...it's a hassle but so is having crappy waders.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:56 am

buy them from cabelas in one size too small. mine are one size too small and there is still plenty of room after having a pair of wool socks and normal socks
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:16 am

My boots are perfect, but the chest/stomach is barely enough to tuck a thick shirt into and the crotch is about 4" too low....even the thighs are tight...and they were supposed to be the next generation of what I have (and fit great but wore out)....
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Cobbhead » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:18 am

Honk-n-quack wrote:buy them from cabelas in one size too small. mine are one size too small and there is still plenty of room after having a pair of wool socks and normal socks

X2. I learned this trick years ago. Waders seemed to be scaled to boot size. I'm kinda' scrawny guy, 5'8"/160, wear an 8 1/2 boot. I buy size 8 waders and they fit well--plenty of room for liner/wader socks . That is an important thing for me, considerable hunting I do involves hiking in a ways and carrying waders is a REAL pain if you've also got a couple dozen decoys, gun and blind bag.

Steve
Cobbhead
hunter

Postby kcwellington » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:36 am

thanks guys! i just bought (brand new with tags)cabelas supermag 1600 off of ebay for 101.95. size 8 so we will see?? if they dont fit, be watching classifieds cause i will sell'em for what ive got in 'em.
kcwellington
hunter

Return to Hunting Gear Forum